Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery wont charge.

Reaction score
I have a q500 that I have flown once the battery was charged and left on the charger for quite a while. when I attempted to fly again the drone wouldnt power up. When I put it back on the charger I get the green blinking light saying ready to charge but it wont go any further? Is the battery bad because I left it on the charger? Known problems with the chargers? Thanks

It is not a problem with the charger. You never leave a battery connected to an unpowered charger. The balance charging circuitry will slowly drain the cells of the battery down to 0.0 volts ruining the LiPo cell. Storing a fully charged LiPo battery also damages the battery. Storing for more than a few days at full voltage starts the process.

The battery is likely beyond repair if it was stored on the charger for very long.

It is not a problem with the charger. You never leave a battery connected to an unpowered charger. The balance charging circuitry will slowly drain the cells of the battery down to 0.0 volts ruining the LiPo cell. Storing a fully charged LiPo battery also damages the battery. Storing for more than a few days at full voltage starts the process.

The battery is likely beyond repair if it was stored on the charger for very long.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33