Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

before buy Yuneec read this please

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I posted a post some weeks ago derived from my problems with Yuneec when facing the terms of guarantee.
To this day I do the return of the device without repair after:
- Send the device to Yuneec Europe Germany
- send all the required documentation
- send photographs

I bought the drone from Amazon on a very good price. I currently have a DJI PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED and a PARROT BEBOP 2 and I was looking forward to testing the YUNEEC with a Q500 ST10 +.
4 days before six months have passed since the purchase, I get in touch with Yuneec requesting RMA to make the shipment.
They give me RMA and I proceed to send the device in its original packaging and the transmitter. All with minimal use.
The problem presented by the drone is a problem well known to all Yuneec users and there are many post and videos demonstrating this manufacturing problem. The problem is the controller board, which gives rise to that nothing else take off after 3 minutes you jump the warning of low voltage, forcing to land to not risk a fall in vacuum as it has happened to other users.
Once received by Yuneec Europe, the technician sees it and gives as a reason for the controller board but this one says that it is not in warranty.
I answer and tell them that when I requested the RMA the device was under warranty, then it was the time of delivery and the technician saw it. But that the RMA request was within the warranty period.
I convince them that with that argument they are not right. The next day it occurs to them, not to repair the device, that the price I paid for it can not be correct. I tell them that it was Amazon's offer and that that was not a reason for not repairing it.
They tell me to send them pictures of the other items in the box, some of them I have with the factory plastics because I have not used them. Among them the Steady Grip. I send all the photos and they tell me they will contact me.

They answer me at 15 days and they tell me that they do not intend to repair it, just as it sounds. That I am given until November 24 to accept or not the budget.
On November 20 and without even respecting the deadline that they told me until November 24, they sent me the drone home.
After the news that they send me the drone WITHOUT REPAIR, I tell them to decide why they do not repair the drone in warranty. They send me a report saying that they do not repair it because it is late.
I have had several DJIs, like the PHANTOM 3 STANDARD, I came with a factory fault in the inclined horizon gimball. DJI offered to replace the unit at all times. Parrot also consulted and have very good technical service. Yuneec you have to spend a paste in sending it to Germany so that later they invent one or another story to not repair it.
I even told them that I did not want a new battery, although the one I have is swollen because it is clearly the demand of the plate that left it "dry" in nothing. I just wanted to repair the device.
Therefore, from my experience, I tell you that you buy DJI or PARROT. Big brands with great people behind. And I am sorry for the stores that sell YUNEEC, which are certainly stores with fantastic sellers, but YUNEEC I am sorry to say that it is not up to them.
Shortly I will post all the emails received from YUNEEC saying that they do not repair in warranty for one thing, then for another, lying in the deadlines etc ... AN AUTHENTIC SHAME for a brand.

Greetings to all and do not buy YUNEEC

I'm sorry you are having issues, But don't take it out on this forum. I always had great service experience with Yuneec and tend to continue with them. Every business has some faults including DJI Parrot to mention a few. My understanding DJI has even worse services than Yuneec. 1 bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you are having issues, But don't take it out on this forum. I always had great service experience with Yuneec and tend to continue with them. Every business has some faults including DJI Parrot to mention a few. My understanding DJI has even worse services than Yuneec. 1 bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten.
The world is not perfect, and I'm sure you aren't either! Take a deep breath and relax and enjoy life while you can.:)
Thanks for answering,

Tell you that I hope it does not touch you to have to solve a warranty problem with them. I do not say that DJI does not have problems, I understand that it is normal. What is not normal is the way in which they have declined the case to repair it in guarantee.
Regarding your comment to breathe and others ... tell you that this is more than Yoga forum

I have not had any problems with the Typhoon H or customer service. Yuneec does not ground us because they are scared of something. People have lost income because DJI bricked the UAV that was being used to earn income by properly licensed and permitted pilots. I won't own a DJI product unless it is given to me.

I have not had any problems with the Typhoon H or customer service. Yuneec does not ground us because they are scared of something. People have lost income because DJI bricked the UAV that was being used to earn income by properly licensed and permitted pilots. I won't own a DJI product unless it is given to me.
I also have a Phantom 2 Vision plus. Fortunately it is sufficiently old enough that it does not rely an DJIs GO App and the firmware hasn't been updated on it since summer 2015. So, although it does suffer from NFZ issues I am able to take off with it at places where people with more modern Phantoms can't. Also, DJI can't spy on me since the flight app doesn't communicate with them.

This aircraft is my back-up for my business. My H480 is my first choice for paid jobs but sometimes I find that this, now ageing, aircraft is more appropriate for some jobs. Yes, it does suffer from a bit of lens distortion but that can be sorted out in post. The video quality isn't outstanding but I've found it good enough for most situations.

If anyone wants a Phantom that doesn't 'phone home' and you have a better chance of taking off, then get an older P2V+ so long as you are still able to source batteries for it.

(ThunderChicken, I quoted your post to give my text a context)

Reactions: ThunderChicken
DJI's customer service department ain't much of a cake walk either, maybe it's just luck of the draw. I had one DJI product and it was a flying turd blossom known as the Maverick. I finally had enough and grabbed my son told him to bring out 2 shotguns and a box of shells. I hovered it at about 65 feet and it never held true so it fluttered around like a butterfly during a Texas twister. Gave my wife the controller just in case, and we unloaded on the thing, took six solid hits with 8 shot to bring it down. It was pure joy, my maize field now serves as the DJI resting sight for all that is wicked. We did finish it off with our brush hog in multiple passes...after we pulled the battery. I sent DJI's customer service department the video showing them the problem and since they couldn't resolve the problem I showed them my solution. They were a little shocked, but as I said it's their arrogance holier than thou attitude that sealed it for me. I just bought 2 Yuneec Breeze 4k's and have several 3DR solos in various states, I love the underdog and I really think Yuneec can be the sleeping giant that knocks DJI down a couple of notches.
Sorry you had such issues, keep in mind I had problems from day one that couldn't be resolved for whatever reason, sent it in 3 times never fixed and countless hours of back and forth emails...they quit on me before I quit on them but I killed their Maverick and shocked the Dookie out of them all.

Yuneec USA was moderately steady in reply to my concerns when my H went down due to faulty firmware. They were consistent. But i had to call them multiple times because i was not receiving the emails from them updating the repair record. However. Staples took care of the problem (they are the warranty centre apparently for DJI as well in canada.) but OPs experience was rather odd.

Just because you bought it from Amazon's website doesn't mean you bought it from Amazon, the company. Amazon is getting more like Ebay, where sellers can sell through them to either enhance or avoid having their own online store. You could have bought a used unit from a private individual, and not a new or certified refurbished unit, and thus the warranty could not be honored.

I bought mine from a company selling refurbs through Newegg. I have absolutely no doubt that Yuneec would not honor any sort of factory warranty because of that, but I expected that as the trade-off for the price. You cannot reasonably expect to buy something cheap and get full-price factory service.

Just because you bought it from Amazon's website doesn't mean you bought it from Amazon, the company. Amazon is getting more like Ebay, where sellers can sell through them to either enhance or avoid having their own online store. You could have bought a used unit from a private individual, and not a new or certified refurbished unit, and thus the warranty could not be honored.

I bought mine from a company selling refurbs through Newegg. I have absolutely no doubt that Yuneec would not honor any sort of factory warranty because of that, but I expected that as the trade-off for the price. You cannot reasonably expect to buy something cheap and get full-price factory service.
I bought a refurb from new egg but it shipped from yuneec in California . It looked like a brand new bird and came with the latest firmware.

I had a phantom but got rid of becuse of the imposed no flay zone Dji put on it in the last firmware update.

I like the fact the typhoon does not phone home like dji products do .

...<snip>...

I like the fact the typhoon does not phone home like dji products do .
Earlier Phantoms (certainly earlier than the P3) don't 'phone home. It's only those aircraft that use the dji Go app that tell on you. I have a P2V+ which was discontinued in I think summer 2015 which doesn't use the 'Go' app...indeed it doesn't use any dji app, it uses a third party app. It doesn't 'phone home.

Parts for this aircraft are getting hard to come by now and, as far as I know, there is only one company in the whole of Europe that can supply batteries for it. While I can still source batteries for it and so long as nothing major goes wrong with it I'll continue hobby flying it (my TH is used for commercial operations). Indeed, I also have a retired P2V from which a good proportion of parts will fit the P2V+ so I'm probably good to fly it for a while yet.

You may be able to pick up a second hand one for a couple of hundred pounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval