Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

better charger

Research chargers in your price range. Purchase one that will put the batteries into storage mode (~30% charge) This feature will save your batteries from being left with a charge that can kill them. I speak from experience.

Last edited:
I'll second the Pro Duo, it's has a lot of features. I have one and it is the best one I've owned and I've owned a bunch of chargers. You won't go wrong with one of these.

Reactions: Docdor
I'm very happy with this HTRC Touch Screen Dual Channel charger. It puts out the same as the Venom on AC but in the car it puts out 10amps per channel. What makes it really nice is the touch screen. Makes it fast and easy to set up your charge and save and access memories without all the button pushing, and you can monitor the battery temp, charge current and voltage at the same time along with a graphic display of the progress history. You can also see each cell's status on the display at a glance. That is a very handy feature for spotting a problem cell. @Fred Garvin also has one and loves it. The price is competitive maybe even cheaper, it's smaller and very robust.

P1050548a.jpgP1050547a.jpgP1050546a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Garvin
I'm very happy with this HTRC Touch Screen Dual Channel charger. It puts out the same as the Venom on AC but in the car it puts out 10amps per channel. What makes it really nice is the touch screen. Makes it fast and easy to set up your charge and save and access memories without all the button pushing, and you can monitor the battery temp, charge current and voltage at the same time along with a graphic display of the progress history. You can also see each cell's status on the display at a glance. That is a very handy feature for spotting a problem cell. @Fred Garvin also has one and loves it. The price is competitive maybe even cheaper, it's smaller and very robust.

View attachment 16090View attachment 16088View attachment 16089

I have the same one, but not touch screen. Mine is the HTRC C240. I bought it off of Amazon for 60 something dollars. Does absolutely everything I need, as you mentioned. It also discharges batteries. It takes all freaking day, but it does it.

Hi DCH, does this come with the right cables for the Typhoon H bartery?

Hi DCH, does this come with the right cables for the Typhoon H battery?

It does not come with the adapter for the Typhoon H. You will need one like this:

image.jpg

Reactions: DCH
HTRC users.
In the Extra Function menu there’s a Balance mode, has any of you tried it or know wither this is a cycle function that auto discharge and then charge?

HTRC users.
In the Extra Function menu there’s a Balance mode, has any of you tried it or know wither this is a cycle function that auto discharge and then charge?

I’ve only used the Balance Charge and Storage functions. Both automatically balance the cells then bring them, evenly, to the levels particular to the mode selected. Using Storage, it will either charge or discharge to get to the level set. It will auto-detect the battery and set accordingly, but you can tweak any of the parameters to your liking.

I’ve only used the Balance Charge and Storage functions. Both automatically balance the cells then bring them, evenly, to the levels particular to the mode selected. Using Storage, it will either charge or discharge to get to the level set. It will auto-detect the battery and set accordingly, but you can tweak any of the parameters to your liking.

Those normal function is easy to understand. The extra function specially Balance doesn’t have a lot of info.

I see....when you select Monitor you get 2 functions: IR and Balance. I’ve used IR but not Balance.

Try it and see what happens. My guess is that it will balance all the cells, charging or discharging each cell to an average value achievable by all cells depending on current detected level.

I see....when you select Monitor you get 2 functions: IR and Balance. I’ve used IR but not Balance.

Try it and see what happens. My guess is that it will balance all the cells, charging or discharging each cell to an average value achievable by all cells depending on current detected level.

Also.. What mv/s did you set your Terminal Voltage Cutoff?

Do you mean the End Voltage?

Typhoon H+:
Full Charge per cell: 4.35
Full Charge: 17.4
Storage Voltage per cell: 3.9
Storage Voltage: 15.6
Type = LiHV
Cells = 4S

Typhoon H:
Full Charge per cell: 4.2
Full Charge: 16.8
Storage Voltage per cell: 3.8
Storage Voltage: 15.2
Type = LiPo
Cells = 4S

I charge both at 5.4.....1C for a 5400 mAh.....safe bet since there’s some question on the actual capacity of these batteries....charges in ~ 1 hour and that’s fine.

Do you mean the End Voltage?

Typhoon H+:
Full Charge per cell: 4.35
Full Charge: 17.4
Storage Voltage per cell: 3.9
Storage Voltage: 15.6
Type = LiHV
Cells = 4S

Typhoon H:
Full Charge per cell: 4.2
Full Charge: 16.8
Storage Voltage per cell: 3.8
Storage Voltage: 15.2
Type = LiPo
Cells = 4S

I charge both at 5.4.....1C for a 5400 mAh.....safe bet since there’s some question on the actual capacity of these batteries....charges in ~ 1 hour and that’s fine.

There’s a TVC (Terminal Storage Cutoff) in the settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval