Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Big problem! The township is requiring an annual inspection of our church facility.

Reaction score
Big problem! Our church roughly seats about 1000 people and the township is requiring an annual inspection of our facility. Our church has gone through four construction projects over the past 25 years... that being said, the Code Enforcement Officer has required our church to bring up all of our building up to 2009 code pertaining to fire and electrical safety. The biggest thing for me is that we will not be able to run our (water based) hazer or our foggers for church services or productions. We usually run our foggers for our big passion play every year and run our hazer about 50% to 70% for all of our services during the week. We have to shut off our fire alarms to do this. We were told that we're not permitted to shut off our fire alarms anymore! (I know, I know.... we shouldn't shut off our fire alarms with a group of people in the sanctuary but that's the only way we get the effect we want...haha) So we ran some tests and it looks like we can run our hazer at 20% without the fire alarms going off... but it looks terrible! I have contacted some local theaters that are located in different townships and they all say they shut off their fire alarms!!! What do you guys do? Do you guys shut off your fire alarms or do you have fire alarms that work with water-based haze? Please give me input… I'm struggling! LOL
Loa array

6x Baofeng/Pofung BF-888s UHF 400-470MHz 5W 16CH Scramble Two-way Ham Radio US | eBay

First let me tell you these radios are just over $10 each and they work great in large buildings and outside. These are not the cheap walk-about 1/2 watt radios which go bad within a month. These are 5 watts and the batteries are Li-Ion which easily last 6-8 hrs on a charge. We have some that are on their 5 year with no problems.

What's that got to do with your problem? You post observers at key points everywhere in the building. You post one person at the control panel. First sign of any problem they radio the key person to sound the alarm. So the protection is still functional with people sensors rather than electronic sensors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annamiller