Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Binding camera

Reaction score
I just bought an H3 and tried to go through the initial setup. When I tried to bind the camera for the first time, I received this message on the ST16 “No SSIDs found”. It won’t allow me the bind the camera. Any advice of what’s going on? Thank you!

Go to the Android menu, select Settings; then Wifi. If the camera shows up, select it and connect.
Then select any other wifi networks shown and select "Forget".

There is a slight glitch with the way the ST16 handles the 5.8 GHz signal. If the controller has ever been connected to a wifi router in the past, it will try to connect to that router again. Forgetting the wifi list will prevent it from hunting for that previous connection and it will connect to the camera more quickly the next time.

If the camera doesn't show up in the wifi list then tell us and we will continue to help.

Reactions: Pier2162
Go to the Android menu, select Settings; then Wifi. If the camera shows up, select it and connect.
Then select any other wifi networks shown and select "Forget".

There is a slight glitch with the way the ST16 handles the 5.8 GHz signal. If the controller has ever been connected to a wifi router in the past, it will try to connect to that router again. Forgetting the wifi list will prevent it from hunting for that previous connection and it will connect to the camera more quickly the next time.

If the camera doesn't show up in the wifi list then tell us and we will continue to help.
Hi Steve! Thank you for your offering to help! Follow your instructions, these are what I found:
1. I could find the drone camera on the WIFI list listed on the ST16, but right underneath it says "not in range". When I click on it, it gives me options of either "Cancel" or "Forget". See Pic 1 in the attachment
2. When I tried to "forget" the other WIFI, I don't have the option to "Forget" them. See Pic 2

I can't even take off my drone with the camera not binding!!!

Attachments

• tempImagerrcu5d.png
    tempImagerrcu5d.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImagexMGsXg.png
    tempImagexMGsXg.png
    14.3 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Steve Carr
Since the camera is on the list that means it was previously connected. But the out of range means the camera wifi is not transmitting or the ST16 wifi isn't working on the 5.8GHz signal.
I'm not familiar with the ION camera but look at the bottom of the camera next to the sd card slot. There may be two small push buttons. While pushing both buttons, turn on the H3 and wait for it to boot up. Then release the buttons. You may need to use a broken tooth pick to press the buttons. You may need to put on the gimbal lock to hold the camera when doing this.

BTW, when you click on a wifi name, "Forget" is only displayed if that wifi was previously connected.

Last edited:
Since the camera is on the list that means it was previously connected. But the out of range means the camera wifi is not transmitting or the ST16 wifi isn't working on the 5.8GHz signal.
I'm not familiar with the ION camera but look at the bottom of the camera next to the sd card slot. There may be two small push buttons. While pushing both buttons, turn on the H3 and wait for it to boot up. Then release the buttons. You may need to use a broken tooth pick to press the buttons. You may need to put on the gimbal lock to hold the camera when doing this.

BTW, when you click on a wifi name, "Forget" is only displayed if that wifi was previously connected.
Hi Steve, I reset the camera like you instructed, but still nothing has changed! Thank you!

• Sad
If you have a router with 5G (5GHz) see if the ST16 will connect to it. That will help determine if the 5GHZ wifi board in the controller is working.
Also, do you have a dual wifi capable smart phone? Can it see 2G and 5G networks? If so, see if the camera is displayed on your phones wifi.
Is the LED showing on the camera?

Reactions: ArcticFrost
If you have a router with 5G (5GHz) see if the ST16 will connect to it. That will help determine if the 5GHZ wifi board in the controller is working.
Also, do you have a dual wifi capable smart phone? Can it see 2G and 5G networks? If so, see if the camera is displayed on your phones wifi.
Hi Steve, thanks for hanging tough and don't give up on me! Lol
I tried to get in contact with Yuneec, both emailed and called and so far I have no luck!!! The phone system is not even allowed you to leave a message. It is really frustrated that a brand new drone and now I can't even get it off the ground!
My router is supposed to offer both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but I can't find the 5G on my laptop, nor phone so I can't run your test. I replaced another 5G antenna for the ST16 controller and nothing changed! When the drone is on, the camera led is flashing between Red and Yellow. I can control the camera left right, up down, span around,...but I can't see anything through the drone camera.
I'm not sure if upgrading firmware will help? I will try to figure out how to do it. I have not done one before! Even the calibration compass, I can't not perform that task either!!!

I am unsure if there have been any updates for the H3. However, I don't think this is a firmware issue. At one point the camera was connected to the ST16 because it is listed in the wifi menu items.

Have you ever accessed the router menu to see if the 5G is set up?
Did you look for the camera on your phone wifi?
Have you checked your phone in other locations to see if you can see any 5G networks?
What phone number are you using to call Yuneec?

Not sure about the ION, but on previous Yuneec
When the drone is on, the camera led is flashing between Red and Yellow.

Not sure about the ION L1, but on previous Yuneec cameras, the "red" was normal for a short time at start up, but a continuation of the red meant WIFI failure. The yellow usually just means you don't have an SD card in the camera.
You mentioned the system was bought new. Both the camera and drone should have been bound to the controller when it arrived. Did you turn it on and check it out prior to starting the "Initial Setup" you mentioned? If so, what was the result?
Please describe what you did for the Setup. Especially any firmware updates or calibrations.

Hi Steve, thanks for hanging tough and don't give up on me! Lol
I tried to get in contact with Yuneec, both emailed and called and so far I have no luck!!! The phone system is not even allowed you to leave a message. It is really frustrated that a brand new drone and now I can't even get it off the ground!
My router is supposed to offer both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but I can't find the 5G on my laptop, nor phone so I can't run your test. I replaced another 5G antenna for the ST16 controller and nothing changed! When the drone is on, the camera led is flashing between Red and Yellow. I can control the camera left right, up down, span around,...but I can't see anything through the drone camera.
I'm not sure if upgrading firmware will help? I will try to figure out how to do it. I have not done one before! Even the calibration compass, I can't not perform that task either!!!
Not sure about the ION, but on previous Yuneec

Not sure about the ION L1, but on previous Yuneec cameras, the "red" was normal for a short time at start up, but a continuation of the red meant WIFI failure. The yellow usually just means you don't have an SD card in the camera.
You mentioned the system was bought new. Both the camera and drone should have been bound to the controller when it arrived. Did you turn it on and check it out prior to starting the "Initial Setup" you mentioned? If so, what was the result?
Please describe what you did for the Setup. Especially any firmware updates or calibrations.
Hi,
Yes, the drone was brought new from B&H. I follow the instruction came with the drone telling me to bind the camera, which surprised the heck out of me. I could not do it at all, that would be it. I did nothing else! Oh, I also tried to calibrate compass, which i could see the green button on the touch screen, but when i click on it, nothing had happened! I did it outdoor, 50ft away from ST16, away from any metal, light poles, and so on. I followed the instructions very careful! That's pretty much all I did during the "initial setup". No firmware update has been done yet! I am waiting for the input from this forum! Thanks for helping.

Steve, I checked and my router has 5G. I could see the IP address of the controller connected with 5G. I don't see the camera on my phone. How can I find the IP address of the camera? I called Yuneec using the phone number posted on the website:

YUNEEC Americas​

Phone: 888-912-4886
Contact Us

So far there's not return call nor email!!! It's sad and total disappointment!

If you go into the Android Settings and can connect to your 5G router using your ST16S, once connected you should be able to use the web browser to connect to the internet. That would verify the ST16S’s WiFi is working.

Once you can connect with the ST16S, go back into the Android WiFi Settings and select the connection you used and then select Forget. This needs to be done or your ST16 will ignore the camera in favor of that connection to try and stay connected to the internet.

The camera’s SSID will be some identifier for the type of camera followed by _xxxxxx where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address (likely on a barcode label attached to the camera). We don’t own an H3 so no clue what the identifier is for the Leica ION camera. The CGO3+ looks like this CGO3P_xxxxxx and the C23 camera is C23_xxxxxx so the Leica camera will have something similar.

I think all the Yuneec cameras use the same IP address: http://192.168.42.1

The ST16s can connect to the router using either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. So you should make certain it is connecting using the 5G signal.

@Yuneec Skins, do you have a different phone number for Yuneec US??

This is really a warranty issue @ArcticFrost. Where did you purchase the H3??

Last edited:

CGO3/CGO3+: rtsp://192.168.42.1/live
Lumix CGO4: rtsp://192.168.73.254:8557/PSIA/Streaming/channels/2?videoCodecType=H.264
CGO-ET thermal stream: rtsp://192.168.42.1:8554/live
CGO-ET natural stream: rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live
MK58 (GoPro): rtsp://192.168.110.1/cam1/h264

Hi ArcticFrost,
I'm flying a H3. I had similar problems connecting the Leica LIONL1P camera with the ST16s after I had performed a firmware reset on the ST16s. With a hint from Steve Carr I was able to isolate the problem. Finally I did a reset on the Leica camera and it connected again to the ST16s. Please refer to my description, where I described the camera reset. I hope this will help you.

The ST16s can connect to the router using either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. So you should make certain it is connecting using the 5G signal.

@Yuneec Skins, do you have a different phone number for Yuneec US??

This is really a warranty issue @ArcticFrost. Where did you purchase the H3??
I bought my H3 with B&H. On Amazon it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper, but I decided to buy at B&H. I checked with B&H and they said the return period was expired, I have to get with Yuneec. But I could not get a hold with anyone at Yuneec!!! Thanks for your input!

Hi Steve,
according to your hint, I concentrated myself on the WiFi authorization. As "Forget" and entering a new password on the WiFi level of the Android system were of no success, it turned out that the problem must be inside the camera. Even copying a wireless.conf file with the standard password on to the SD card didn't help. The next step was testing the reaction of the camera's micro switches.

In a 1st step I pressed the red marked switch (see attached picture) with the result, that the H3 required 2 times pressing the poweron button until the lamps of the H3 lighted up. But the camera control lamp now remained dark. So the function of this switch is unknown.

In a 2nd step I pressed the green marked switch and the camera's control lamp blinked orange and then green. In the flight app of the ST16S I was requested to enter the standard camera password 123...890. The app reacted with the message "WiFi link connected" and the camera's picture was transmitted to the screen of the ST16S.

I switched off and on the H3 several times and had no more problems connecting the camera. Even after formatting the SD card via the flight app and powering off and on the H3 the camera was operating properly.
Hi,
I follow your instructions and it still doesn't work. I just want to clarify a few things:
1. Do you need to disconnect the WiFi and the controller?
2. Do you have to turn off the H3 then press the reset button, hold and then turn on the H3?
3. Or you just press the reset button and release right away? When I let go with the reset button, the led turn red and then turn yellow with a slow blinking frequent. Then it was back to Red and Yellow at the very slow frquent. Then it is flashing faster. Thanks for your input and share!

Give this a try @ArcticFrost
With power off install an SD card 128GB or less in the camera, and attach it to the H3. Then use a broken toothpick or paperclip bent into a U shape and hold both micro buttons in on the camera and while holding them in power on the H3. Continue holding them in for 15 seconds then release. Power cycle the H3. Watch the LED on the camera. It should be white , then change to red, then start flashing green. When it starts flashing green you should be able to see its SSID on the ST16S in the Android WiFi Settings or on your phone’s WiFi settings.

Hi,

as I remember it was like this
1. the ST16s was switched on and n o connection with the router existed. Please check on WiFi level of the Android system. Start the flight app on the ST16s.
2. the H3 was turned off. Then I pressed the reset button and kept it pressed. I turned on the H3, waited until the H3 had played its initial "music melody", and after another about 15 sec I finally released the reset button of the camera. Then I waited for one or two minutes and observed the camera LED. The blinking and colour was first orange and changed after a while to green blinking and finally solid green.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Give this a try @ArcticFrost
With power off install an SD card 128GB or less in the camera, and attach it to the H3. Then use a broken toothpick or paperclip bent into a U shape and hold both micro buttons in on the camera and while holding them in power on the H3. Continue holding them in for 15 seconds then release. Power cycle the H3. Watch the LED on the camera. It should be white , then change to red, then start flashing green. When it starts flashing green you should be able to see its SSID on the ST16S in the Android WiFi Settings or on your phone’s WiFi settings.
Thanks DoomMeister, I followed your instruction steps by steps. I did it twice and nothing has changed! ST16S still show the message "No SSIDs found".
Yuneec finally reached out to me and told me that make sure I have to follow the manual. They said that since my drone is discontinued, they don't have the phone tech support for it! I did not know that the Yuneec Typhoon H3 is already discontinued?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430