Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Binding two ST16 problem with camera pan function

Reaction score
According to the manual instructions I bind two ST16 to a Typhoon H, the original for the camera and the new for flying.
Got video on both controllers, on the one controling the camera the pan do not work, the tilt is OK, the new is fine controlling the H. Like to know if I did something wrong.
Any advice will be appreciated

Did you remember to set it for "Team Mode"? There are at least a few YouTube videos showing you how to properly set up "Team Mode".

However, before you start, you want to make sure that both ST26s are running the same firmware. Best thing to do is make sure everything (TH, plus both ST16s) is running the most recent firmware. Then, after updating the firmware, rebind the first controller, followed by performing all three calibrations.

Only then should you attempt to set up "Team Mode".

According to the manual instructions I bind two ST16 to a Typhoon H, the original for the camera and the new for flying.
Got video on both controllers, on the one controling the camera the pan do not work, the tilt is OK, the new is fine controlling the H. Like to know if I did something wrong.
Any advice will be appreciated
What position is the Pan Control switch in (up, middle, down)?

Check the toggle switch for the camera controller.. needs to be all the way down and then the joystick will control pan and tilt.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you guys, I make time this afternoon to check each one of your inputs.

Check the toggle switch for the camera controller.. needs to be all the way down and then the joystick will control pan and tilt.
Or middle position you use the tilt slider and pan knob. Up the camera points straight forward.

For other pilots who want to fly and film in two different ST16 and one Typhoon H, this is what I did :
In smart mode, started both controllers and then the H
Checked the firmware in both controllers (should be the latest, Panther 6834 input)
Create a new H model in the new controller
Change to a "team" mode on the original controller and have the toggle switch down (DoomMeister and Artcox input)
Refresh the new controller and bind the H AND CAMERA (see manual)
Hear the 2 long beeps and see the main light change to purple
Now I can control the camera on the original control, the tilt with the wheel slider and the pan with the right stick, (do not know how this happen) but is fine for me to control the camera this way.
The new controller started the H and have all the telemetry, did not have the chance to go outside and fly, but everything seem working on each controller.

Hope this is useful for other pilots, thanks to the inputs received.

Reactions: Steve Carr
This video is a good review of Team Mode:

Thank you, the video makes things simple.

One more Question ,the team mode can be used only for video ? When I change to camera mode the ST16 return to single mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace