Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blinking LEDs on each motor...

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what flight condition would cause all the LED lights on the motors to blink on and off while in the air? I had this happen a few days ago. And at the same time they were all blinking, my ST16 was making a warning sound, but I couldn't look at the screen due to being too close to my house and fence. The H was not pointing at the house or the fence, but low in altitude. I'm not sure if I might have bumped the obstacle avoidance switch or not. I do know that when in the obstacle avoidance mode, the front white lights will blink and that it will also make a noise when approaching an obstacle such as me holding my hand up if front of the H. I've only used the obstacle avoidance mode a couple times since I've had my Typhoon H.

I did search for a topic on blinking lights, but didn't find any info about this. I just sort of feel all lights blinking is related to the obstacle avoidance system, but I hope someone can help clear this for me.
Thanks

It's your OBS working and showing you it activated. I did a flight up a mountainside and upon return I saw the same thing even though I did not think I had OBS on. It's an easy switch to bump with the straps when your twisting the ST around to look into it outdoors and see it well. The hood makes it worse as the straps fight you all the time with that on. I rarely use it and my body and big floppy hat are my shade source. My guess is you did accidentally bump the OBS switch which turned on the light blinking.

RealSense activation flashes only the 2 front lights I believe.

My Typhoon H is about a year old and is the standard version. I does start the white front LED's blinking when i put it in Obstacle Avoidance Mode. Mine doesn't have the Real Sense module.

And apparently it was a low battery warning when all the motor LED's began blinking. I didn't check the battery voltage after it landed, and I thought it still was above 15 volts.

Anyway, thanks to all who responded. I appreciate this forum very much. I've learned a lot of good stuff from its members!

Reactions: Rayray
My Typhoon H is about a year old and is the standard version. I does start the white front LED's blinking when i put it in Obstacle Avoidance Mode. Mine doesn't have the Real Sense module.

And apparently it was a low battery warning when all the motor LED's began blinking. I didn't check the battery voltage after it landed, and I thought it still was above 15 volts.

Anyway, thanks to all who responded. I appreciate this forum very much. I've learned a lot of good stuff from its members!
While you are in flight, your battery voltage will be lower than after you land. The battery voltage under load would be the one I would look at.

So when we have low battery, we flash the LED's, use more power and lower the battery voltage even more? JK. Thinking back in the days before LED's. Yes children, we used regular light bulbs in the early days.

I'd pay good money for anybody who can make my H sound like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

So when we have low battery, we flash the LED's, use more power and lower the battery voltage even more? JK. Thinking back in the days before LED's. Yes children, we used regular light bulbs in the early days.
Some LEDs are on all the time anyway, having them blink isn't going to eat into your remaining flight time. Also, would you prefer remaining in the dark about the low battery condition?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox