Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blue Angels Flyover

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
The Blue Angels flew around the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex this morning. They were a little farther away than the map showed, but I still got a good view of them from my backyard. All my neighbors and kids were out in their yards to see them. It was pretty cool as a cheer went up as they flew by.

94EFF8FD-73E3-4479-AF00-249B5BE74573.jpeg

The Blue Angels flew around the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex this morning. They were a little farther away than the map showed, but I still got a good view of them from my backyard. All my neighbors and kids were out in their yards to see them. It was pretty cool as a cheer went up as they flew by.

View attachment 21651
I wasn't physically able to see any of the flyovers (NZ being a bit far away), but enjoyed watching a YT vid', much of the mission being filmed from inside the cockpit of several aircraft. The spectacle from a distance belies the precision flying required, with what seemed like barely a metre or so between wing tips. Stunning!

Happy and safe flying ;) :cool: ?

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I don't think their coming to Central Florida but if they did I would be there. I've been watching them all my life and can't get enough. Speaking of videos, here is one of my favorites of the Blue Angles from inside the slot aircraft during some of their more challenging maneuvers and you can get a very good idea of the forces on man and machine.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
They can be a challenge to shoot. It's a "blink and you miss it" type thing. I set up my gear and exposure in advance. You've only got "maybe" 10 seconds as they fly by. Unfortunately, they were south of where I thought they'd be, so I had my 70-200 2.8 mounted and setup. The distance to them pushed the limits of that glass. I needed a 500-800 lens to really bring in the details.

They can be a challenge to shoot. It's a "blink and you miss it" type thing. I set up my gear and exposure in advance. You've only got "maybe" 10 seconds as they fly by. Unfortunately, they were south of where I thought they'd be, so I had my 70-200 2.8 mounted and setup. The distance to them pushed the limits of that glass. I needed a 500-800 lens to really bring in the details.

Challenge? When you set up for them to be further out and they fly directly overhead it was sheer panic! I was on full wide angle (18-300 mm) waiting when they came up from behind and didn't get a chance to zoom in until they were well on their way. The first photo has my chimney in it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Man I wish they had flown overhead! In my shots they came in low from the West, traveling East. Quite a bit South of where they were supposed to be.....although I’m sure they were exactly where they were supposed to be and the silly “route map” pushed out to us was probably a rough estimate at best.

Reactions: The Boathouse
Man I wish they had flown overhead! In my shots they came in low from the West, traveling East. Quite a bit South of where they were supposed to be.....although I’m sure they were exactly where they were supposed to be and the silly “route map” pushed out to us was probably a rough estimate at best.

Yeah, I wouldn't have traded it for any other spot!

I live near an ANG base and in the shadow of the only high rise for miles. All the aircraft for any flyovers and even the Red Bull planes use it as a landmark. We had the B2 Bomber for the All Star baseball game circling it/us until the stadium was ready for the flyover. The typical flight path is to the outside of the building from me. This time it was on the inside.

The ANG did a flyover the next day and went on the outside as they usually do. Which is only "nearly" overhead.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member