Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bluetooth to Controller error message

Reaction score
I got a new (used) iPHone 5S which according to other feeds say it will work for wi-fi and bluetooth connections. I get things hooked up it sees and connects to the GAMESIR and I get the "vibration" feedback that it's hooked up but going to the breeze ap after hitting "controller" I slide the slider to start and I get an error message "can't hook up to the controller" or words to that effect.?? What am I doing wrong? I have see a couple different ways to hook it up but nothing seems to be working?

Delete the GameSir from the Bluetooth settings in your iPhone. Connect to the Breeze via wifi, start Breeze Cam, go to the Controller task, Start the Controller using Start+Y (iOS mode), then Slide to Proceed. The controller should then connect and vibrate.

When I slide to proceed: it briefly vibrates then there is a display on the screen of two hands holding the controller with a red X over the right hand
message below hands "the left and right joysticks will be reset when the game controlls is powered on, please do not touch them at this time.
Also you mentioned "Start+Y, ... that does nothing, I have to push the POWER (big blue button light) and Y to get it to power up??

It vibrates for a "long" time (not that long) when it connects, but when I slide to continue, it's a shorter vibration cycle just before I get the hands error message

The blue light button has the Y for Yuneec symbol in it. I presume you meant that one plus the Y button?

To clarify when I slide to continue. I do get a message "Connected to the game controller" witha black check mark. But that goes away and then the hands and X display shows up. Going back to home screen it says "disconnected from controller"

I have never seen that error message myself, but I believe that the controller is reporting a problem with the calibration of the sticks. The manual tells us to leave the sticks alone while powering on our connecting the controller. The message probably indicates that the controller believes there is stick movement during the connection process, which could be indicative of a mechanical or electronical problem somewhere around the sticks. Short of taking the controller apart (or having it replaced) you could try moving around the sticks over their full range of movement, watch out for any friction or other irregularities, and test if any such issues go away by cautious repeated movements. Then try connecting again...
To clarify when I slide to continue. I do get a message "Connected to the game controller" witha black check mark. But that goes away and then the hands and X display shows up. Going back to home screen it says "disconnected from controller"

When I slide to proceed: it briefly vibrates then there is a display on the screen of two hands holding the controller with a red X over the right hand
message below hands "the left and right joysticks will be reset when the game controlls is powered on, please do not touch them at this time.
Also you mentioned "Start+Y, ... that does nothing, I have to push the POWER (big blue button light) and Y to get it to power up??

My bad on that one!

It is the Power + Y combo to enter iOS mode (second blue LED between the sticks will be flashing). The message about not touching the sticks is a help screen. Swipe through them. You will then get a button Experience Now. When you press it you may get more help screens so just read and swipe through them.

The help screens usually appear only the first time. When you power on the controller and connect do not touch the sticks. That is when the center position is noted. If they are off center during that phase you will get VERY ODD behavior from the controller!!!

I have never seen that error message myself, but I believe that the controller is reporting a problem with the calibration of the sticks. The manual tells us to leave the sticks alone while powering on our connecting the controller. The message probably indicates that the controller believes there is stick movement during the connection process, which could be indicative of a mechanical or electronical problem somewhere around the sticks. Short of taking the controller apart (or having it replaced) you could try moving around the sticks over their full range of movement, watch out for any friction or other irregularities, and test if any such issues go away by cautious repeated movements. Then try connecting again...
Unfortunately, ?? I have TWO controllers, and both with the same "problem" so I think that negates that. Actually I have THREE controllers and just charged up the 3rd to verify that. It connects, vibrates, then when I slide the "slide to continue" it vibrates but only a short burst, the window message says, "hooked up" (not those words exactly) then that window message goes away and I have the two "hands holding the controller" with the red X over the right hand. ?? Hoping someone from Yuneec has seen this problem and has a solution? Thanks for your suggestions anyway, all help is much appreciated! Yes, I have 3, bought 2 new (well you need a backup) and the 3rd reconditioned off ebay. I am a little more adventurous with my flying. As a retiree and Facebook person with 400 "friends" I use my new "hobby" to photo (video) local water towers and country churches with a view you can't get from the ground. Mostly UP, and Down flight, with possibly pano of the region from that spot. It's keeps my "friends" happy anyway, and me something worthwhile? to do!

Delete the GameSir from the Bluetooth settings in your iPhone. Connect to the Breeze via wifi, start Breeze Cam, go to the Controller task, Start the Controller using Start+Y (iOS mode), then Slide to Proceed. The controller should then connect and vibrate.
When I "slide to proceed" the controller shakes but very short, a window said controller is hooked up. Then the window goes away exposing two hands holding the controller with a red X over the right hand. I have 3 controllers, Tried it on two so far, same, on each.

If you swipe from right to left you will get through those screens and get the ‘Experience Now’ button. After you press that button more help screens will appear. Swipe from right to left to clear them, then you should be good to go.

My bad on that one!

It is the Power + Y combo to enter iOS mode (second blue LED between the sticks will be flashing). The message about not touching the sticks is a help screen. Swipe through them. You will then get a button Experience Now. When you press it you may get more help screens so just read and swipe through them.

The help screens usually appear only the first time. When you power on the controller and connect do not touch the sticks. That is when the center position is noted. If they are off center during that phase you will get VERY ODD behavior from the controller!!!
I'm not getting the responses you are expecting. :-( swiping through the help screens I never get to a "Experience Now" screen. Also on the second screen it says "tap the icon in the upper left corner to switch between Controller Mode and FPV mode. ?? There is no icon and on which screen, as I don't see that option anywhere other than on the help screen and it's not "touchable" or functioning icon.
I controller vibrates and it says it's connected but then disconnects just as fast and I get the x'd hands.

Unfortunately, ?? I have TWO controllers, and both with the same "problem" so I think that negates that. Actually I have THREE controllers and just charged up the 3rd to verify that. It connects, vibrates, then when I slide the "slide to continue" it vibrates but only a short burst, the window message says, "hooked up" (not those words exactly) then that window message goes away and I have the two "hands holding the controller" with the red X over the right hand. ?? Hoping someone from Yuneec has seen this problem and has a solution? Thanks for your suggestions anyway, all help is much appreciated! Yes, I have 3, bought 2 new (well you need a backup) and the 3rd reconditioned off ebay. I am a little more adventurous with my flying. As a retiree and Facebook person with 400 "friends" I use my new "hobby" to photo (video) local water towers and country churches with a view you can't get from the ground. Mostly UP, and Down flight, with possibly pano of the region from that spot. It's keeps my "friends" happy anyway, and me something worthwhile? to do!
Okay, given the existence of multiple devices with the same behaviour, I would follow your conclusion about the controllers not being the source of that strange behaviour.
I really cannot think of how the phone or app could be causing this, but the logical next step still is to look at the phone side of things.
Do you have the opportunity of trying another smartphone, borrowed from someone who doesn't mind you installing the Breeze Cam app for a short time?

Okay, given the existence of multiple devices with the same behaviour, I would follow your conclusion about the controllers not being the source of that strange behaviour.
I really cannot think of how the phone or app could be causing this, but the logical next step still is to look at the phone side of things.
Do you have the opportunity of trying another smartphone, borrowed from someone who doesn't mind you installing the Breeze Cam app for a short time?
Unfortuantely I don't. I just got this phone and as I have read on other forum feeds it appears to be compliant. As for my particular phone, no I have no other way to check unfortunately.

If you swipe from right to left you will get through those screens and get the ‘Experience Now’ button. After you press that button more help screens will appear. Swipe from right to left to clear them, then you should be good to go.
As I replied elsewhere? I don't get the "experience Now" button or screen. Just the help screens. and the first one with the "X'ed" hands and controller icon.

Have you swiped to try getting through those screens?

If you don’t swipe through them you will never get the Experience Now button.

Have you swiped to try getting through those screens?

If you don’t swipe through them you will never get the Experience Now button.
I've been swiping through to the last 6th page, and was about to say "now what' but backing up ... I saw the Experience NOW!! whee!!! Unfortunately I'm inside for the day and will have to wait for tomorrow to try it out. Wind advisories today also. More than a Breeze. Keeping my figures cross I can really use the controller! Thanks for you help.

Reactions: robbie2
I've been swiping through to the last 6th page, and was about to say "now what' but backingemember up ... I saw the Experience NOW!! whee!!! Unfortunately I'm inside for the day and will have to wait for tomorrow to try it out. Wind advisories today also. More than a Breeze. Keeping my figures cross I can really use the controller! Thanks for you help.

Just remember when you press Experience Now the first time, you will have to swipe through more Help screens. Once you do that, pull and hold the right trigger to see the function map for the controller. When you launch the Breeze hold the Start button through the countdown until the motors start and the Breeze lifts to takeoff height. When you use the Start button to land the Breeze where it is positioned you will have to hold for 3 seconds and then release for the Breeze to land.

Just remember when you press Experience Now the first time, you will have to swipe through more Help screens. Once you do that, pull and hold the right trigger to see the function map for the controller. When you launch the Breeze hold the Start button through the countdown until the motors start and the Breeze lifts to takeoff height. When you use the Start button to land the Breeze where it is positioned you will have to hold for 3 seconds and then release for the Breeze to land.
Thanks for the tips. I took it out in my front yard briefly (I couldn't wait!) and got it off the ground. It was rotating slightly and I had to hold joystick to keep it still. I couldn't see the video on the screen as there was black covering it. I'll go over your instructions, and try again tomorrow if the wind goes down. At least now I am assured it DOES work, and it's not the new (used) phone. Thanks for your patience and help! I'm a "hands on" learner, not a book or manual learner. Sometimes that is not the best way. - vern

I learn hands on also, but with my background in avionics with the Air Force and 25 years as a maintenance electrician/technician in a major manufacturing facility I learned the RTFMF (Read The Full Manual First) method. I worked with equipment that could take your life if you were not careful.
I know the Breeze is not quite that drastic, but it a habit that I never break.

Glad I could help you out, part of my job in the Air Force was being an Avionics Instructor and Course Developer. Still like teaching technical skills.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval