Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Boeing 737 Passenger Jet Damaged in Possible Midair Drone Strike

Now this is no drone that we fly hit this I simply don't believe it was a consumer drone what's you guys thoughts their still looking for proof so I think let's blame a drone DuP6aioU8AAL5QG.jpegDuP6Z2vU4AMW_pZ.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CSI
****! Looks more like they hit a small UFO!? No apparent evidence to be seen that it was a drone and if it had been a bird I'd expect there to be blood allover! Whatever it was, they're lucky they landed safely! Unless a drunk pilot had a mishap on the ground?

Reactions: Donwaz1
****! Looks more like they hit a small UFO!? No apparent evidence to be seen that it was a drone and if it had been a bird I'd expect there to be blood allover! Whatever it was, they're lucky they landed safely! Unless a drunk pilot had a mishap on the ground?
Or, maybe a skydiver :eek:

HOW smart are you to think a drone could do this kind of damage. I could imagine something like the plane backing out and heading for the runway and it hit the loading stairs on the way out and everybody thought "no problem" or didn't even notice an abnormal happening prior to takeoff.

Reactions: hueman
HOW smart are you to think a drone could do this kind of damage. I could imagine something like the plane backing out and heading for the runway and it hit the loading stairs on the way out and everybody thought "no problem" or didn't even notice an abnormal happening prior to takeoff.
Well obviously the people blaming a drone for doing this are not that smart

Reactions: Donwaz1

Ok, I may be an idiot, but why are you saying that I drone couldn't have done this damage? I'm not saying that it was or wasn't. Nor am I saying that people should automatically, publicly blame a drone without proof.... BUT when I look at that picture I don't see why it seems impossible that it is a drone.

Last edited:
Ok, I may be an idiot, but why are you saying that I drone couldn't have done this damage. I'm not saying that it was or wasn't. Nor am I saying that people should automatically, publicly blame a drone without proof.... BUT look that picture I don't see why it seems impossible that it is a drone.
Look at the picture their is a hole then a bash on the nose inwards which would suggest the impac I don't think it was a drone have u seen the video the test place did at shooting a p4 in to a wing no where near the same damage perhaps the nose is thinner but my personal opinion it was not but again they can't confirm it was a drone yet they automatically say drone

Look at the picture their is a hole then a bash on the nose inwards which would suggest the impac I don't think it was a drone have u seen the video the test place did at shooting a p4 in to a wing no where near the same damage perhaps the nose is thinner but my personal opinion it was not but again they can't confirm it was a drone yet they automatically say drone

I have seen the video of the P4 hitting what I'm pretty sure was a metal wing at absurd speeds. But this appears to be fiberglass that dented someplaces, cracked other places, and some of those cracks developed into tears. It should be some sort of sheet metal, but if it is then it looks like it is very thin. There are drones of all sorts of sizes that I haven't seen hit type of plane, let alone this specific spot on a plane. I just don't see how you feel you can rule it out based on that picture.

BS Report

Despite rumours that the aircraft could have been hit by a drone, there is no confirmation or evidence yet that a drone strike actually took place. Cases are known of nose cone structural failures without any collision, such as to a LAM B737 in Mozambique in 2017.
This incident was initially and erroneously blamed on a drone strike.

Incident Boeing 737-8AS (WL) XA-ADV , 12 Dec 2018

The nose is fiberglass because the aircraft radar sits behind it. If it were metal it would be like putting a metal pie tin in your microwave oven. Give it a try if you don’t know what would happen. I think you get quite an education.

Gotta pull a Trump on this one - fake news! Without any proof a drone gets blamed for the damage. The press needs polish for their belt buckle so they can see where they are headed (think about it and it will dawn on you).

If it’s a drone, then there should be plenty of pieces inside the hole wouldn’t you think? Time to video from the nose to see what really hit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33