Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bonacell: OK or Crap?

Reaction score
Now that it appears all of the third party batteries are drying up on eBay and Amazon, and now that I need more batteries;

Has anyone had any experience with the "Bonacell" batteries? No interest in having one of these in my drone and have it fall out of the sky or have a cell swell in my H...

Not much choice right now. I have heard a few people testing them and have not seen any complaints. Just long shipping times from China. I do not recommend the Gifi 8050 mAh battery.

........I do not recommend the Gifi 8050 mAh battery.......

Really? I heard they last 10x longer than the stock Yuneec batteries......

Not much choice right now. I have heard a few people testing them and have not seen any complaints. Just long shipping times from China. I do not recommend the Gifi 8050 mAh battery.
Hi Steve, why don't you recommend the Gifi 8050 mAh? I have had four of them for approx. 2 years now and I'm very satisfied. About 20-25 flights for each of them and I use a DY3 charger.
I always land at 14.8-14.7V and store at 15.3V They give me about 2 minutes longer fligh time compared to my three std Yuneec batts. What problem have you personally experienced with Gifi 8050 mAh?

Last edited:
Really? I heard they last 10x longer than the stock Yuneec batteries......
I have had four of them for approx. 2 years now and I'm very satisfied.
That's good to hear. A few months ago there was a discussion about batts and the 8050's didn't get a good review. If you get two years without any problems that is good enough for me. :)

That was the impression I got from reviews and comments....it’s good to hear they’re a viable battery.

I’m currently running an experiment with the Bonacel’s and so far, I could not be more pleased. Only have a couple of flights on them because travels have cut down on flight time. They seem to be giving more flight time by a couple or three minutes but that could be because my Yuneec’s are a year or so older. Bought them through an eBayer from near Austin Texas and had them very quickly. They seem stable and good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430