Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bought on eBay.

Reaction score
Bought my H off of eBay. In perfect condition as stated by the seller.

It was shipped in the backpack with the box foam. Well packed, very protected.

The landing gear does not work properly. One side tries, goes up 10-20 degrees and stops, the other doesn't move at all.

I have calibrated the camera several times, but it slowly pans in the direction of the last adjustment of the knob.

I noticed that the H clam shell was misaligned at the base of one prop/motor arm, an easy fix, but I would assume it took a stressful event to knock it out of alignment, unlikely in the foam enclosure.

I'll be calling Yuneec support to see about.

Thoughts?

I had done that to test the landing gear before I ever tried to fly it. I didn't work.

I test flew it to hover twice and tried to raise the gear, same results, one leg partial up the other not at all, same as pre-flight test.

I just powered up the ST-16 then the H (As always) turned it over (the camera does not like that!).

But the gear did properly raise and lower. (Now there's a real confidence builder)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I had done that to test the landing gear before I ever tried to fly it. I didn't work.

I test flew it to hover twice and tried to raise the gear, same results, one leg partial up the other not at all, same as pre-flight test.

I just powered up the ST-16 then the H (As always) turned it over (the camera does not like that!).

But the gear did properly raise and lower. (Now there's a real confidence builder)

The gear can get jammed during shipping. Those boxes take a beating from rough neck sorters. Hope it continues to work for you.

I had a similar thing happen to me with the Landing Gear after having not flown my H in awhile.
What I did to correct it was I removed both the 2 small bolts that bolted each Landing Gear to the side of the H, removed both gear by pulling down to disengage and then cleaned the contact mating surfaces off with a Q-tip and Alcohol Swab, making sure no residue was left on the Contacts.
After cleaning and reassembly, the Gear retracted fine again. I guess the Contatcs could get dirty or misalligned but it's an easy fix to remove and reinstall.
You can even check them on the bench before you reinstall the bolts by turning it upside down and firing it up..(I'd remove your Camera before I did this).

Doing camera calibration (with the pan knob in the middle and the pan switch in upper position) and powering the H off right after camera calibration helped me with the slow panning to one side.

I make assumptions from time to time, assuming that everyone knows to remove the gimbal before during the system on and rolling it upside down. Mea Culpa, but now you know. It's also partly why we tell people to remove the camera before calibrating the compass.

I make assumptions from time to time, assuming that everyone knows to remove the gimbal before during the system on and rolling it upside down. Mea Culpa, but now you know. It's also partly why we tell people to remove the camera before calibrating the compass.

Did you try it yourself? What does the ST16 reports then? I've followed your suggestion but it did not work for me.

I had a similar thing happen to me with the Landing Gear after having not flown my H in awhile.
What I did to correct it was I removed both the 2 small bolts that bolted each Landing Gear to the side of the H, removed both gear by pulling down to disengage and then cleaned the contact mating surfaces off with a Q-tip and Alcohol Swab, making sure no residue was left on the Contacts.
After cleaning and reassembly, the Gear retracted fine again. I guess the Contatcs could get dirty or misalligned but it's an easy fix to remove and reinstall.
You can even check them on the bench before you reinstall the bolts by turning it upside down and firing it up..(I'd remove your Camera before I did this).
I had a similar problem with the landing gears not working properly and I just switched the landing gear switch on/off a number of times and the gears have been working good. I agree on the handling of shipping handlers, I've seen them at airports throw packages of all types off the conveyers and miss and some packages/boxes burst open on impact of hitting the hard payment. Good Luck with Your new toy and Safe Flying.
EdK/hiflyer1

one thing you can try with the landing gear issue is the same thing i saw on a video somewhere and it fixed mine and it didnt work right out of the box.power up st16 and h then power the h down take out battery and hold down on power button for 20 seconds then release it then put battery back in and power back up then fly it and test gear .i tried everything and this is the only thing that made it work right and has always worked since that day . its like when its powered up the lift motors are stuck in a bind with charged energy but by holding power button down to deplete charge releases the jammed pressure .i would have never believed that it would have worked i was about to ship it to yuneek then found that info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio