Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BRAND NEW Q500 4K, MOTOR WON'T START, HELP?

Reaction score
Beautiful drone but motor won't start. Just got it yesterday. What am I doing wrong?

Everything seems good to go on my screen, did calibrate, light is purple...whats wrong?

Thanks!

Are you close to ATC airport, battery fully charged? Angle mode? How close are you to the drone?
Let the drone set for about 15 minutes to acquire Total GPS data while it is on.

Are you close to ATC airport, battery fully charged? Angle mode? How close are you to the drone?
Let the drone set for about 15 minutes to acquire Total GPS data while it is on.

So the airport is about 10 to 12 miles away, the GPS is always acquiring... So is it supposed to just connect on its own to some type of GPS satellite or what? That could be a reason the Drone won't start because of the GPS? What do you mean angle? Thanks for responding by the way... I just don't know anything about this drone but I'm working on that. Lol.

I even tried calling support but they're only open during the week is there anybody else I can call? I wish somebody will call me and just walk me through the steps, so much easier. LOL.

So the airport is about 10 to 12 miles away, the GPS is always acquiring... So is it supposed to just connect on its own to some type of GPS satellite or what? That could be a reason the Drone won't start because of the GPS? What do you mean angle? Thanks for responding by the way... I just don't know anything about this drone but I'm working on that. Lol.

Have you looked at the manual yet? It describes all you need to know to get started. It explains about the aircraft, the calibrations to be done, binding to the controller, and operation of the controller.

Yes, looked at the manual... So everytime I activate this drone I have to wait for a GPS signal to come through in order for the motors to be turned on? Is it always going to take 15 minutes or more?

Watched a bunch of tutorials and it always always seem that people motors come right on with their drones. Interesting.

Go to this government website ArcGIS Web Application Then zoom in to the exact area you are trying to fly and see if it is a no fly zone.

There are a lot of places that are not airports that will ground the aircraft. Military installations like Fort Knox, bombing ranges, prisons, etc.

The arcgis site will show all the things that will ground the craft.

If the Q500 is brandnew, it was probably in China before. This is far away. Satellite constellation are different is different parts of the world. Depending on your location you should receive signals from 15-18 sats.
The GPS chip has to compute the availabilty and position of the sattellites completely new. Also the almanach has to be downloaded. This may take some minutes up to 15 min if you are outside in free area around, not at home.
This will happen only once. If the new constellation of the sats is known to the GPD chip, the aquieing will take only one minute or so depending where you are.

As long there is no GPS fix (status 'Aquiring') the motor will not start.. You can test motor start at home if you switch off GPS either by menu or by stick command (CSC command: Right Stick right and switch trough fast Flight mode switch tree times). But please do this WITHOUT propellers.

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
If the Q500 is brandnew, it was probably in China before. This is far away. Satellite constellation are different is different parts of the world. Depending on your location you should receive signals from 15-18 sats.
The GPS chip has to compute the availabilty and position of the sattellites completely new. Also the almanach has to be downloaded. This may take some minutes up to 15 min if you are outside in free area around, not at home.
This will happen only once. If the new constellation of the sats is known to the GPD chip, the aquieing will take only one minute or so depending where you are.

As long there is no GPS fix (status 'Aquiring') the motor will not start.. You can test motor start at home if you switch off GPS either by menu or by stick command (CSC command: Right Stick right and switch trough fast Flight mode switch tree times). But please do this WITHOUT propellers.

br HE
Okay so now I'm to the point where I want to kind of throw this thing across the ground... I finally acquired my GPS and my motor still won't start. I'm thinking it's broke, I spent $700 on this thing, waiting for it to come in the mail, and I'm sure that's why it's not working because maybe working because maybe it got banged up, missed my film project, out here in the open Park environment, transmitter all ready to go everything's ready! And the s*** still won't start! Anybody want to buy a brand-new used drone or maybe I'll just send it back. Why can't it just cut on and fly, what's with all the bells and whistles guys! Am I better off buying a cheaper one that all you have to do is just press start and it will go, ****!

This is not a toy drone, it's a high-level consumer product, often referred to as "pro-sumer" - professional features in a general-public format. You do have to read the manual and follow the instructions. You also have to verify the location you intend to fly in is not a no-fly zone.

While it's possible your drone is damaged, especially if you bought it used, or if you ripped the motors installing the blades, you need to calmly go through the procedure for ensuring proper operation.
If after all of that it still doesn't work, then you will need to take it to a repair service, or send it back for a refund from whatever random internet guy you bought it from, because it means he dumped a broken drone off on you. Personally I'd take his toes, but that's just me.

This is not a toy drone, it's a high-level consumer product, often referred to as "pro-sumer" - professional features in a general-public format. You do have to read the manual and follow the instructions. You also have to verify the location you intend to fly in is not a no-fly zone.

While it's possible your drone is damaged, especially if you bought it used, or if you ripped the motors installing the blades, you need to calmly go through the procedure for ensuring proper operation.
If after all of that it still doesn't work, then you will need to take it to a repair service, or send it back for a refund from whatever random internet guy you bought it from, because it means he dumped a broken drone off on you. Personally I'd take his toes, but that's just me.

Hi, it's brand new, finally got it to fly but had to disconnect the GPS. It's in angle mode. I did that part at the house. Today I will take it out and reacquire the GPS and try again. Thanks!

By the way, I did read the manual and watched several tutorial videos and looked at his form. You're right, it's not a toy and I have to remind myself of that but ****! LOL.

Wishing you best of luck on your outdoor trials today. You would think that Yuneec would have placed the binding procedure at the beginning of the manual instead of near the end. Just hoping that was the problem all along.

Learn how to fly with GPS on! Then once you are comfortable with controlling the Q, fly in a large open area with the GPS off. The Q will not hold position like it does with GPS on, but it is good to learn how to fly it without GPS so you will know how to control it in case of GPS loss during a flight.

Look forward to seeing smiles later today.

Yes, there are two modes Angle and Smart the third is Home. Take a look at the manual to see what each does and how the Q reacts in each.

Make sure to fly in a large open area, preferably without trees or other obstructions while you get used to controlling the aircraft.

Home relies on GPS, so don’t try to use it with GPS disabled.

And thanks again for everything!
Yes, there are two modes Angle and Smart the third is Home. Take a look at the manual to see what each does and how the Q reacts in each.

Make sure to fly in a large open area, preferably without trees or other obstructions while you get used to controlling the aircraft.

Home relies on GPS, so don’t try to use it with GPS disabled.
10-4!!!...thanks!

Yes, looked at the manual... So everytime I activate this drone I have to wait for a GPS signal to come through in order for the motors to be turned on? Is it always going to take 15 minutes or more?

Watched a bunch of tutorials and it always always seem that people motors come right on with their drones. Interesting.
You have to wait till you acquire gps.. It can sometimes vary in times to acquire depending on where you are. It takes me quite a while to get it sometimes and other times it comes in straight away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio