Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Brand New ST10+ not charging.

Reaction score
As the title says I have a brand new out of the box ST10+ that came with my Q5004k and it doesn't want to charge.

I've a wealth of different USB cables and plugs around the house to test this with.

When plugged in it does absolutely nothing and stays blank.

I've done a bit of digging around and found a number of threads around the web saying that the first charge took a very long time, but after the first minute or so an indicator light would come on. The screen would display a logo and indicate that charging was indeed happening. People have suggested plugging it into a computer and trying that. People have suggested removing the battery for 5 minutes and plugging it back in to perhaps do...something.

Well, none of it seems to be working and my ST10+ isn't charging.

Is this the point where I call Yuneec and request a replacement?

Not a good way to start my relationship with the brand.

Do you have access to buy a second battery for your controller . I know that I am going to buy a spare battery for my ST-10 . If it was mine I would dig my fluke meter out of my tool box and test the battery for voltage and then check to see if power is coming to the battery plug when plugged in

Do you have access to buy a second battery for your controller . I know that I am going to buy a spare battery for my ST-10 . If it was mine I would dig my fluke meter out of my tool box and test the battery for voltage and then check to see if power is coming to the battery plug when plugged in

I did this after I posted to this forum, there is voltage coming through the ST10+ with no problems at all, the batter on the other hand shows IIRC .07v
which is clearly bad. I left it to charge overnight and nothing came of it, so the battery is dead as a doornail unfortunately.

I'm assuming I could just build one with two 18650s in parallel so long as I had the connector and some shrink tubing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz