Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Cam IOS version crashing on use.

Reaction score
Breeze Cam on my iPhone 7 started crashing recently. I reloaded the AP reset my iPhone. Sometimes just after it's open, it crashes and closes. Other times it lets me start to set parameters of flight etc. but when I get to the camera is says Breeze not connected to wifi? But if I go to Settings, it shows it IS hooked to wifi? Is there something I'm missing? I think my iPOD might work, as it seems to hook up okay, I didn't get outside to try it out yet, but it's not crashing like the iPhone AP is? I just upgraded to latest OS but that didn't help.
I can get it hooked to wifi, and it even shows a picture coming from camera, then a second or two later, the AP closes? Can't fly again until I get this solved. It's in the AP ... I have 3 4K's and it's not them! Now it's pretty much just opening, for about 2 seconds and then closing itself??

Last edited:

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It seems that iOS 14.x has broken Breeze Cam. I had this issue myself recently and after deleting and reinstalling it quit crashing and allowed me to connect to the Breeze and start the app. After reading your post I opened Breeze Cam again and it was right back to crashing. I uninstalled the app again and reinstalled and it is not crashing on opening. This is not a good sign for Breeze owners and hopefully the next update of iOS will nullify this problem. I know earlier versions of iOS 14 were still compatible with most Breeze functions.

Reaction score
Thanks, Then it's not just me or my phone. I did notice after more experimentation, I don't even need to connect to the Breeze. Just open the AP and it closes within 2 seconds. I've deleted and downloaded it numerous times, to no avail. Seems like more should be experiencing this problem? or there aren't that many Breeze flyers anymore? At least my iPod still works as it's at ios9 something. Just another thing to make sure I have along with me when I do want to go flying. Thanks again! I guess I could try a cheepee throwaway android type phone if that version is still stable?

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 10.3.3 and I just opened Breeze Cam and it crashed after a couple of seconds. This has to be a date related problem with Breeze Cam. We are probably SOL on this one as they are not likely to fix this issue. This will top my disgust with Yuneec’s non existent Customer Support for legacy products. All of their legacy downloads have disappeared and all they care about are big buck commercial systems.

Reaction score
IOS 10.3.3? Then it would do no good to "downgrade" my phone even it's it's possible. Planned obsolescence? I really like the handling/control but might have to start looking around for another model.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I sent a message to Yuneec, but have my doubts about getting a response from them. Previous messages to that web contact have been fruitless. Time will tell. Time bomb software is not cool.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I got a response from Yuneec that they are looking into the problem with the iOS version of Breeze Cam. They stated it may take awhile to address. I am pleasantly surprised at getting a response to this.

Reaction score
Breeze Cam on my iPhone 7 started crashing recently. I reloaded the AP reset my iPhone. Sometimes just after it's open, it crashes and closes. Other times it lets me start to set parameters of flight etc. but when I get to the camera is says Breeze not connected to wifi? But if I go to Settings, it shows it IS hooked to wifi? Is there something I'm missing? I think my iPOD might work, as it seems to hook up okay, I didn't get outside to try it out yet, but it's not crashing like the iPhone AP is? I just upgraded to latest OS but that didn't help.
I can get it hooked to wifi, and it even shows a picture coming from camera, then a second or two later, the AP closes? Can't fly again until I get this solved. It's in the AP ... I have 3 4K's and it's not them! Now it's pretty much just opening, for about 2 seconds and then closing itself??
Do you think by using the yuneec controller might remedy the problem?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
root084