Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze camera noise

Reaction score
I've just purchased a two month old hardly used Breeze and noticed a buzzing noise coming from the camera sometimes after power on or after panning up or down which stops when I move the camera with my finger or if I do a quick pan in the opposite direction. When panning the camera isn't smooth it's seems to judder slightly which is evident in recorded video, I'm concerned it may jam.

Well I returned my breeze to Yuneec to be informed the camera drive mechanism is faulty and they kindly sent me a replacement Breeze. Guess what the new one which arrived in a cellophane sealed box makes the same buzzing noise, that's two I've had which make the same noise. my background is Electrical Engineering and buzzing equipment never seems right to me unless it's designed to buzz. Does anybody else have a Breeze on which the camera buzzes.

I think the camera tilt mechanism may be servo based. That would maybe explain a small abount of buzzing.

My Breeze iz buzzing non-stop when it is switched ON and for the camera I just learned that when I move camera up/down video slightly judder too. Not sure if this is normaln or not ?
One more thing , when rotating Breeze lef/right , video is not smooth too, is that normal or what ?

Mine was replaced for this reason but the new replacement is the same. You'll probably find that if you raise/lower the camera slightly the buzzing stops. As for the camera judder that seems normal for the Breeze, having had two do the same I've learned to accept it. I still find it odd that camera servo's would cause buzzing when the camera is still and why does the buzzing stop when the camera is moved up or down, very odd, but they do it.

I don't see anyone else denied or confirmed this buzzing and juddering is normal so I don't know what to think. And no matter they told you that servo was the problem, replacement is the same.

What about video quality when rotating breeze ? Is it smooth for you ?

Video quality when I'm rotating the breeze is fine. Are you referring to the final recorded video file juddering or what you see on the screen when flying the Breeze.

I meant on final recorded video. It is not smooth.
I will make one video and uploaded it so you can see what I am talking about.

Mine does what you described as "judder" as well. Video quality is very bad when the camera is tilted up or down. The camera on my Breeze is fixed right-to-left so I cannot speak for that.

Yes I learned too that when camera is moving up and down, video is bad quality. I think we need tilt movement smoother so video might be better. Maybe button UP and DOWN so when you click and hold it , it would move camera smoothly. Currently it is hard to move slider in a smooth way.

I think this jitter is caused by the servo mechanism in the tilt unit in the Breeze itself.
I have set up pan tilt units on rc aircraft with action cameras and get the same result... especially on tilt.
Cheaper servos are notorious for it. The blur you see in the video when tilting is more than likely cause by the servo gears. The servo also causes buzzing sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda