Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Compass Calibration

Reaction score
I am a noob but my question is i got a new Breeze when you calibrate the compass should you face north with the front camera facing north or the back of the drone depending where i am standing and the 5 feet still holds true for a good calibration.

Do the calibration with the camera facing you and you facing local magnetic north for best results. Unless you fly over 50 miles away or use the reset button, you should only have to do this once.

Reactions: Finn
Ok Thanks i kinda was a bit in a rush and did it without really thinking doing it close to the ground then i went to the update firmware i let it update then it would not connect at, all i heard was a beep after turning it on and a red light on the front but on the back it was flashing blue in bind mode. i tried my iPad air 2 than my android phone it connected so i went back to my iPad and it connected i went outside and redid the compass calibration tried it out and it was fine, My initial thought was since i was not really facing north and calibrating it close to the ground i was throwing the calibration off course. so i guess it needs to be done correctly to avoid any problems connecting.

You can do the compass calibration facing any direction, but experience by many users has settled that facing magnetic north seems to calibrate faster and more consistently. The calibration is done at eye level to reduce any magnetic disturbances from rocks or buried pipes.

After a firmware update on the Breeze it can take a couple of power cycles to fully finish the update and boot normally. I did a forced firmware update through USB connection to my computer and I had to reboot a couple times.

Enjoy your Breeze, it’s a nice little quad.

Steve, you saying if I calibrate at some location and then fly within 50 miles of that location, I don't need to calibrate again? I calibrate every time and only fly a max of 2 miles from one point to the other. I have wondered about this before - just never ask. I also found turning the Breeze slower seems to help faster calibration - never intentionally faces magnetic north - but will think about this. I have pointed the camera toward me, and away from me when calibrating and have not noticed any difference. Does it really matter?

I’ve had better success by facing magnetic north and some older posts are where I got that info from. When I first got the Breeze I did the calibration every time I flew and still had some flakey control reactions until I did the calibration while facing north.

I’ll look for the post that had a link to a map showing lines of equal magnetic variation and repost it here a little later tonight.

For most of the continental US a distance of 50 miles east or west of the area you do a calibration of the compass will be less than 1 degree off. Movement north or south of the calibration point can make even less of a difference.

Here is a good site to reference Historical Declination Viewer

I just can't get results of calibration in Ghana West Africa
I do get the result for the first 2 steps but the final step 3 is the problem. Calibration always fail at this stage,any help please

Locate local magnetic north.

Face that direction with the Breeze camera facing you. Make the rotations for calibration in a slow steady manner listening for the beeps telling you that portion has passed. If it still fails, contact Yuneec Customer Support for your area of the world. Usually cheaper to use the online chat on the website to avoid international phone charges.

I talked to one of the Yuneec Customer Support representatives today on a matter of my own, but inquired about the problem of failing the third step in compass calibration.

He suggested using a nonmetallic table or other flat surface to do that level rotation. Seems if there is too much wobble as the Breeze is rotated it will cause the failure in the third step.

Reactions: Finn and RGHensley
[QUOTE = "DoomMeister, post: 134817, member: 12772"] Hablé con uno de los representantes de Atención al cliente de Yuneec hoy sobre un asunto mío, pero me pregunté sobre el problema de fallar el tercer paso en la calibración de la brújula.

Sugirió usar una mesa no metálica u otra superficie plana para hacer esa rotación de nivel. Parece que si se produce un gran bamboleo al girar el Breeze, se producirá un error en el tercer paso. [/ QUOTE]
Hola domm y donde está la opción de chat en la paguo

[QUOTE = "DoomMeister, post: 134817, member: 12772"] Hablé con uno de los representantes de Atención al cliente de Yuneec hoy sobre un asunto mío, pero me pregunté sobre el problema de fallar el tercer paso en la calibración de la brújula.

Sugirió usar una mesa no metálica u otra superficie plana para hacer esa rotación de nivel. Parece que si se produce un gran bamboleo al girar el Breeze, se producirá un error en el tercer paso. [/ QUOTE]
Hola domm y donde está la opción de chat en la paguo

Use una computadora para obtener la página web completa del sitio e ingrese a Yuneec USA | Support. A continuación, desplácese hacia abajo hasta el área que dice "Chatee con un representante". Asegúrese de hacer esto entre las 8 AM - 12 PM y 1 PM - 5 PM hora del Pacífico. Están ubicados en California.

Reactions: Lobo9611
[QUOTE = "Lobo9611, publicación: 137900, miembro: 15883"] Le pregunto si puedo volar mi dron fuera con la configuración establecida para volar dentro de la casa [/ QUOTE]
No entiendo lo que dices

Bonjour,

Je viens de recevoir mon nouveau Breeze Yuneec et je suis incapable de le calibrer. J'ai toujours un message d'erreur indiquant que la batterie est à moins de 20% alors qu'elle est complètement neuve et chargée. Il refuse donc terminer la configuration. Les 3 fois que j'ai tenté de le calibrer et eu le message, j'ai remis la batterie sur la charge et le chargeur indiquait qu'elle était pleine charge après 5 min.

Pouvez-vous m'aider?

Hello,

I have just received my new Yuneec Breeze and I am unable to calibrate it. I still have an error message stating that the battery is less than 20% while it is completely new and charged. He therefore refuses to complete the configuration. The 3 times I tried to calibrate and got the message, I put the battery back on the charge and the charger indicated that it was fully charged after 5 min.

Can you help me?

Is Breeze Cam being run on an Android device or iOS device?

What versions do you have for Flying Control, ESC, and Camera? You can find that in the About part of the Settings Menu of Breeze Cam.

Android device.

Client version: 1.4.7
Flying Control, ESC, and Camera? For all : connect your Breeze. But my Breeze is connected to my phone, I see the wifi at the right top.

I found the problem. This is my phone. I have tried with my android tablet and all is ok. I will try to find what is the problem with my phone. Thx for your help.

Try placing the phone in airplane mode. Then turn on WiFi and connect to the Breeze, then do the compass calibration. This has worked for others.

Android devices are so diverse that bugs seem to abound with the Breeze Cam app. It’s along the same lines as the way Windows runs on all the various hardware platforms, but bugs show up in programs due to all the differences in hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval