Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Connection Issues

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots! Lately I have been having difficulties getting my Breeze to connect to my phone. I saw a video on YouTube that showed how to reset the drone using a paper clip. I followed the instructions and it worked. Last night I had to reset it again. Today, I finally got the drone connected after several tries. It flew fine. Then I brought it in for a battery change. I closed out of the app and started the connection process from scratch. Several times of turning my WiFi, Blue tooth, and the drone on and off failed to get it connected. I decided i did not want to do another reset in the field. Anyone else having these issues?

1) But can you see the network, can connect to it and only BreezeCam does nothing? If so then disable 3G/4G/LTE before entering BreezeCam.

2) My phone from time to time tends to ask "This wifi network cannot connect to internet, do you want to continue?" and I need to say "Yes". Without it the connection seems to be active, but BreezeCam cannot access Breeze.

3) If you cannot see the network from time to time then I would say that most likely you have different WIFI regions in your Breeze and phone. Sometimes you are lucky and overlapping channels are selected, but often ones not available in a different region. The good thing is that it is easy to change firmware in Breeze.

Any of the issues above maybe?

I also encourage you to later check my post here:
Rock-solid 80m in Europe: solved for 15EUR.
about stability over certain height.

Reactions: SkySpy
Greetings fellow pilots! Lately I have been having difficulties getting my Breeze to connect to my phone. I saw a video on YouTube that showed how to reset the drone using a paper clip. I followed the instructions and it worked. Last night I had to reset it again. Today, I finally got the drone connected after several tries. It flew fine. Then I brought it in for a battery change. I closed out of the app and started the connection process from scratch. Several times of turning my WiFi, Blue tooth, and the drone on and off failed to get it connected. I decided i did not want to do another reset in the field. Anyone else having these issues?

It would help to know what phone you are using, what country are you in, and what version of FC, ESC and Camera you are using from the About menu in Settings.

Has the phone’s OS been updated just before the connection problems?

As the other poster alluded to, place your phone in Airplane Mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth, then attempt connecting.

Reactions: SkySpy
My samsung phones always say something like your not really connected after wifi connects but you just ignore it.

1) But can you see the network, can connect to it and only BreezeCam does nothing? If so then disable 3G/4G/LTE before entering BreezeCam.

2) My phone from time to time tends to ask "This wifi network cannot connect to internet, do you want to continue?" and I need to say "Yes". Without it the connection seems to be active, but BreezeCam cannot access Breeze.

3) If you cannot see the network from time to time then I would say that most likely you have different WIFI regions in your Breeze and phone. Sometimes you are lucky and overlapping channels are selected, but often ones not available in a different region. The good thing is that it is easy to change firmware in Breeze.

Any of the issues above maybe?

I also encourage you to later check my post here:
Rock-solid 80m in Europe: solved for 15EUR.
about stability over certain height.
Thank you for your reply. BTW, I failed to mention which phone I'm using. It is the Samsung S8 Plus.

1) I see the network, but the Breeze does not show up. I went to the "Add Network" search option and type in the drone name, but that did not work.

2) Okay, but this time I did not see that.

3)How do I change the firmware in the Breeze?

Thank you, I will check your post.

It would help to know what phone you are using, what country are you in, and what version of FC, ESC and Camera you are using from the About menu in Settings.

Has the phone’s OS been updated just before the connection problems?

As the other poster alluded to, place your phone in Airplane Mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth, then attempt connecting.
Thanks for your reply. Will have to check the FC, ESC and Camera and get back to you. The phone is a Samsung S8 Plus, and yes, I had updated the phone recently. I'm not sure if the update included the phone's OS.

I am predicting that you just upgraded your S8 to Android 9 (Pie) and you will have to go to Airplane Mode on your phone then enable WiFi to be able to connect. If that still doesn’t work try rebooting your S8 before trying the above. Any Android version above 7 (Nougat) can be persnickety about connecting. Complain to Yuneec saying they need to update Breeze Cam and firmware to keep pace with Android versions (the same can be said for iOS users also - iOS 10.3.3 was the last that all functions worked in Breeze Cam).

@DoomMeister
I use Android 9 on my Xiaomi Mi A1 and airplane mode is not required: just 3G/4G/LTE connection disabled - basically you cannot be connected to any other DHCP.

@SkySpy
first send us the screenshot of your "About" screen from BreezeCam - it will give the information about your breeze. You can connect sometimes right?

The firmware update process is nicely documented here:
Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

Basically if your phone is using USA bands you should be having firmware version _A; if in Europe then _F or _E (depending on the version).

I use Android 9 on my Xiaomi Mi A1 and airplane mode is not required: just 3G/4G/LTE connection disabled - basically you cannot be connected to any other DHCP.

That is what I am referring to by using Airplane mode then enabling WiFi (and Bluetooth if the controller is being used). I am not familiar with settings in the newer versions of Android. I take it from your posts that you can disable just the cellular network in the newer ones.

We also see a lot of variances with Android devices because of the vast hardware differences (just like with PC’s and Windows, Linux, or Chromebook). There are fewer problems with iOS, but that stems from Apple’s control over the hardware. Breeze Cam is at least 2 years old now and we are getting more and more conflicts as iOS and Android get updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33