Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller

Reaction score
I had trouble turning off the controller today. I held the power button down for 5 seconds and more and it would not shut down. I plugged it into the charger and it eventually shut off. I powered it back on and was able to shut it off. Is there something I did incorrect earlier?

Did you buy the $199 Walmart bundle? I think that batch has issues with the controller.

Yes I did. Now it seems to be working. I am having trouble moving the camera with the controller as well.

I tried three Walmart units and they all had the same problem with the controller. Yuneec must have produced a special batch for the discounted Walmart Breezes.

If your controller has blue LED indicators, you most likely have the bad batch. The good ones have red LEDs.

I downloaded the firmware update for the controller, did the update and now it works just fine.

Reactions: Gaunt1969
I'd like to know that too. I got mine at Walmart 2 days ago, seems to be working fine, but if there is a firmware upgrade, I'd like to do it. My power on LED is blue.

I hope I’m doing this correctly, very new to forum.
I have a Breeze 4K that I bought last spring. Never got the chance to use it, had to pack it away in preparation to move. Just now trying it out.

I have an iPhone 7+. When I try to connect to Breeeze network, it doesn’t appear on the list. Of course nothing works.
I’ve read that there are users that are using the iPhone 7, but for some reason I’ve had no success.

I’m in Texas. What else do y’all need to know to help me out?

Are you getting the green flashing LED in the arm near the camera?

This is what you should see at startup:

1. Power LED should flash red/green/blue with a do-mi-so sound.
2. Power LED should then change to flashing blue and the Status LED in the arm should be red.
3. In about 20 seconds the Status LED should begin to flash green. The WiFi is broadcasting the SSID at this point (if you have not connected and changed the default SSID it will be BreezeXXXXXX, where the X’s are a string of numbers). It should show up in the WiFi list at this point.
4. Select the BreezeXXXXXX (or your own if renamed) in the WiFi list and enter the password 1234567890 and join.
5. Open Breeze Cam app.

If the above doesn’t take place follow these directions Factory reset then retry the above.

If all else fails..., leave Texas! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Finn and airborne
No luck with the reset. Red led remains, no green led anywhere.

I certainly appreciate your help, thanks so much.
If you can help a little more, as I said I’m in Texas. Do you know of any repair centers where I can send the Breeze 4K to get it fixed? Unfortunately I bought it last spring, we were getting ready to,move so I packed it away. I’m just now unpacking a brand new drone that apparently won’t work. So it’s not under warranty.
Should I still call the factory service number? The wait is outrageous.
Any other suggestions?
One more thing. I paid way more than the prices I’ve read about in this forum, embarrassed to say how much. Just want to know, if I paid more the $199-$250, did I get ripped off?

No luck with the reset. Red led remains, no green led anywhere.

I certainly appreciate your help, thanks so much.
If you can help a little more, as I said I’m in Texas. Do you know of any repair centers where I can send the Breeze 4K to get it fixed? Unfortunately I bought it last spring, we were getting ready to,move so I packed it away. I’m just now unpacking a brand new drone that apparently won’t work. So it’s not under warranty.
Should I still call the factory service number? The wait is outrageous.
Any other suggestions?
One more thing. I paid way more than the prices I’ve read about in this forum, embarrassed to say how much. Just want to know, if I paid more the $199-$250, did I get ripped off?

Just teasing about Texas :D. Have several friends living there now. You didn’t get ripped off. The Breeze dropped in price in late 2017. Then dropped another $50 sometime early this year. It’s just the market.

Try calling or using online chat at 8:10AM or 1:10PM Pacific Time. They may have suggestions to get you going.

Last edited:
Ok, this is clutching at straws - but did it come to your mind that there might be a thermal problem? Having the breeze stationary on without running motors can result in thermal overload of the electronic innards. If the bind was not successful, i.e. the green light in the arm not coming up, it might be helpful to let the breeze rest for 5 to 10 minutes switched of. I admit this is boring but can be sped up if you remove the battery and blow into the grille next to the two glasscovers on the bottom of your breeze.

If you use OSX borrow a windows computer(library even) and all you need is USB cable connected to the drone and USB connection to a flash drive where you unzipped the firmware folder. Connect and follow instructions and in three seconds you will have camera control on the Breeze (firmware update) and the thing works amazing. Follow instructions or it will take a few tries. With the controller, the Breeze is an inexpensive version of a 4k drone. The photos are amazing with the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33