Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Crash Return to Home Mod / Yuneec Germany disclaims warranty

Reaction score
Hello,

my breeze crashed in return to home mode and yuneec says it'ssupposed to be my fault. the breeze lost altitude during the landingand turned off the propellers 5 meters above the ground. She didthis 2 times before but got caught above the ground. Can someoneread my flight data to find out why the Breeze crashed? Thank you inadvance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tricoloreboy,
giving you the benefit of the doubt I just ask you to post your flightlog. There is some marvellous software to analyze flightlogs.
BTW On what grounds did Yuneec put the blame on you?

Hi Tricoloreboy,
giving you the benefit of the doubt I just ask you to post your flightlog. There is some marvellous software to analyze flightlogs.
BTW On what grounds did Yuneec put the blame on you?

Hello,

I don't know why Yuneec claims it's a pilot error. The dealer where I bought the Breeze has alreadyrequested a detailed repair report. The funny thingis that the manual landing worked without anyproblems. Only not with the Return to Home. Isuspect that the height measurement is defectiveor the ground sensor.

That particular instance with the IRS is where the lens was cracked or dirty. The Breeze takes off and gets a few meters in the air, then shuts down the motors because the IRS is not detecting an increase in altitude. So is not the same type of failure you have experienced.

I’ll be looking at the flight log in just a little while.

The Breeze got its own way to detect landing that I couldn't understand. II tried several ways to duplicate the OP's scenario. One of the ways was
I hovered the Breeze at 6ft then placed my hand under, it detected my hand, moved side way slowly then suddenly it flew quickly up higher. The displayed altitude was still at 6ft. while it's actually 10-12ft. I hit the land button. It landed slowly with the displayed elevation dropping to -3 or -4ft then it changed to 0. If you want to do just that (placing hand under a hovering Breeze), don't use your hand like I did, use a long broom for your safety.
So it didn't shut off the motors when elevation was 0 or it only shut off the motors when 0ft elevation was detected for 3-5 seconds? Only the firmware people knew.

In the calibration menu, they said to hold the Breeze 1.5m to begin. What if the Breeze was calibrated at factory where the elevation was much different from where the user flew it?
A basketball player might calibrate his Breeze at 2m (6ft instead of 5ft) :)

Last edited:
The calibration for the Breeze is just the Compass, and is performed at that height to reduce any effect metal in the ground may have as well as being a comfortable height while standing.

Tricoloreboy,

The flight log from your last flight never shows the Breeze leaving the ground. It also does not show the Breeze being placed into a flight mode. This is a problem of common knowledge on this forum. The flight logs on the Breeze are a hit and miss proposition due to the Breeze Cam app not recording a complete flight log for every flight.

What the log does show is that Flight Control is v1.1.2, ESC is v1.0.3, and Camera is v2.0.15.

The elapsed time in the log is 37 seconds, which would be about the time it takes to connect, check settings, then select a flight mode.

Drone Settings are: TakeOff to Center - 6.9m, TakeOff Height - 0.8m, RTH Height - 11.1m, GeoFence Height - 77.9m, GeoFence Distance - 70.5m, Max Speed - 4.44m/s, and GPS off.

You were flying near a lake south of Hilden, Germany.

I am sorry to say that with this flight log Yuneec is going to tell you that the Breeze never left the ground. The only way you may be able to prove the breeze was in the air is if you have photos or videos that match the UTC times from the flight log.

The flight log files and photos/videos from an Android device used to fly the Breeze will record the times in UTC (not local time).

NOTE: Check the flight log elapsed time in Breeze Cam for that last flight. If it is longer than 37 seconds, try using the program that @airborne mentions in posts #12 and #14 of Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed to obtain the complete flight log file.

Last edited:
I'd really appreciate if you could tell what information is displayed in your app regarding the flight log. Please go there in the following order (assuming you are on android):
Open breeze cam app
Tap bars in top left corner
Tap the question mark next to "Support"
Tap "Flugbuch" (German version)
Now you should see something similar to this:
upload_2018-6-8_14-59-30.png

By the times shown you can tell whether the log was truncated or saved in full. In the latter case you could try to retrieve the log with "My Phone Explorer"

Tricoloreboy,
I had the exact same thing happen to me on the first flight of my Breeze, I have not used “return to home” function sense then. I use the land function without issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz