Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Firmware Question

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Brazilian. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, I am learning a lot.
I have the following quote: My Breeze is only connecting to an iphone. I need to connect to the Breeze radio to change the freq range. wifi 2.4 and 5.8GHz and also to connect to an android. I tried to login via the web at address 192.168.42.1, but I couldn't connect to the Breeze rário. I need to do this urgently.
I ask if I reset Breeze to which version it will return? What is the factory version of Breeze Cam? I am currently with client version 1.1.0.3 and this ok, I can fly and access and move the camera just can not calibrate the last step of the gps compass.
Thank you already wish for the help.

Reactions: Zjad3r
Please

Would anyone have the correct Firmware and APP package to be installed on Breeze to Brazilian standards?

Hello DoomMeister,
thank you for the informations.
I noticed that there is a way to enable Breeze's radio to 2.4GHz to work with android phones. I know this is performed by Wifi connection via web browser. Just that my cell phone IOS is connected to wifi but not connecting to the breeze radio web browser, via ip 192.168.42.1.
Is there any other procedure to perform this action? or an app that does that? Or even a reset, would not help?

DoomMeister,
Sorry for so many questions. But it is difficult to find people with knowledge of the subject and willingness to help.
For this, I am very grateful.

Again, sorry for so many questions. I am remembering to ask you if it is possible to check which versions of
Firmware
Camera
ESC
FC
They are installer on my Breeze.
Is there a procedure? You may not need to update if they are all up to date.

The problem of not being able finish the compass calibration while using your iPhone will likely be to place your phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi (and Bluetooth if using the controller).

Now power on the Breeze, connect to it in WiFi settings, open Breeze Cam app, tap the Settings burger at the upper left, then tap the About button ( i ). It will display the screen with App version, ESC, FC, and Camera. The firmware version is not displayed but the differences of ESC, FC, and Camera give an idea of the firmware version. Post your versions in a reply.

Now tap the drone icon on the left to enter Drone settings. Swipe right to left to get to the calibration screen. Perform the calibration in an open area away from electrical interference and large steel objects.

Hello,
By this step it is understood that I must turn on airplane mode to perform full calibration and it worked. The biggest problem now is accessing the wifi transmitter, which I call radio, in order to change the frequency band type settings that the drone transmitter will operate. because I need it to operate at 2.4GHz and with android phone version 7.1.1 Motorola E4.
I understand this would happen, when I access the drone's wifi through Iphone 5S, the only phone that allows me to access Breeze Cam. Opening a webbrowser on Iphone 5S, and setting IP 192.168.42.1, I would go to the Transmitter webpage. and change your parameters, for my need, that is, 2.4GHz. The name of the transmitter is comfast, from what I saw in the previous forums.
But that does not happen, opens a page with files.
That's what I mean, I need to find a way to change the operating band of the Breeze drone Transmitter / Receiver.

This is the only information I can access via the web browser.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-16 at 17.54.51 (1).jpeg

The versions I'm working on
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-16 at 17.54.49.jpeg

You are running the latest firmware for the Breeze in the America’s determined by the versions of the ESC, FC, and Camera.

The Breeze WiFi is 5.8GHz only (802.11ac although it will work with some phones on the earlier 802.11a). It cannot be changed to work on 2.4GHz WiFi.

There are some WiFi repeaters that can connect to the Breeze on 5.8GHz WiFi and to the phone running Breeze Cam on 2.4GHz WiFi (the ZyXEL WRE6606 is one) allowing phones with only 2.4GHz WiFi to be used with the Breeze. Unfortunately the Comfast WR370AC and WR371AC repeaters cannot operate dual band simultaneously like the WRE6606. They only work on the 5.8GHz WiFi with the Breeze, and require the phone to be 5.8GHz WiFi also.

I use an iPhone 5S with my Breeze and unless I am using Follow Me mode I also use the ZyXEL WRE6606 repeater.

Ok, I got it.

Now on my Breeze Cam the client version is 1.1.0.3, it should not be 1.4.7.
I wonder why in an update I made on an Andoid phone, the Breeze Cam Client Version was 1.4.7
In this case, is the difference between the two versions significant?
In my opinion in version 1.1.0.3, Breeze Cam is working normally.
Do you see the need to upgrade? What changes from one version to another?
what is your opinion I keep or update?

I await your return

and thank you

For iOS the current version is 1.1.0.3.

For Android the current version is 1.4.7.

There were two different software developers hired for the two flavors of Breeze Cam. They were not internal to Yuneec from what I was able to wean from Yuneec employees some time ago.

I find the iOS version to be more stable and the Follow Me function seems more reliable on iOS.

Now I understand the difference between the two versions.
Thank you for clarifying my doubt.
Good weekend.

You also Julio! Glad I could help.

Do you use the controller or just the phone?

Good morning, Doom Meister
I also use the controller.
I hope to soon be contributing my experiences in driving my Breeze drone.

Thanks for the valuable tips,

Doom

Doom Yes, I use the controller.
Do you know anyone who has used the notebook,
just to enjoy the bigger screen, allied to the controller?
On this notebook, using a 5.8 GHz wifi transmitter / receiver with an external antenna, to achieve greater range?

Doom
another thing, to know what is the 5.8 GHz channel band used by Breeze, as well as the bandwidth used, 10/20 or 40 MHz?
Thank you

The Breeze prefers the upper 5.8GHz channels and it is single channel width of 20MHz. It does not support 40MHz and 80MHz channel widths for increased data rates.

This sticky thread Compendium for WiFi and Firmware Issues contains links to other threads discussing WiFi channel use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech