Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze fly away!!

Reaction score
Well its happened, the breeze flew away!!
GPS on , beautiful day and went to try take pics of the roof of my house being renovated,
started up and immediately the unit flew to about 10m then straight back down to ground, bounced and up again, at this stage i pushed auto-land...nothing.
climbing out and high velocity , tried shutting down...nothing
by that time im sure it was out of range!!
settings were to climb to 1m on takeoff and mesh was no more than 30m
this thing went out of sight at a speed that I have never seen, straight up!!!
Tired of this ****!!!
wont even bother with Yuneec and will call it another yuneec lesson.
Don't know if Im the 1st but im sure not the last!!!
beware, check your settings and believe me, this thing is quicker than you think when it climbs out with the demons in it!!!

Eric,
Sorry for the loss of your Breeze. We're you able to find its final resting place?
Does the Breeze Apk store any kind of telemetry info?

The Breeze flew away beyond sight in a straight up direction at one **** of a climb rate.
And yes....my first Typhoon H also went crazy and this was at a stage where GPS cover for Southern Hemisphere was not good at all!!! The TH was never found but I did get another as I liked it a lot! The new one is flying fine and I have found a fix for GPS to the point that it now even locks indoors!!! It has now logged over 80 flights in all modes. I am not wanting to blame southern hemisphere for the breeze fly away but am not happy having lost it!, hoping someone in my neighborhood will find it! Like I said , it went up, then down, bounced and flew off!

Idea? Instead of GPS-tracker... ;)

IMG_3383.jpg

Reactions: nebucat
So you bought the Typhoon H, It flew away, you bought another because you liked it so much? Then you bought the Breeze and it flew away? Hardly sounds believable.

Yes believe it or not, the first was an early version and I had a blast flying it GPS off! not a single hassle. 80 plus flights logged without gps and at times with high speed flights following Ferraris here in South Africa. When update cam out and said GPS was fixed, that is when it flew away! Decision made to replace as all other features and flights were fun. The new one flies very well and I now have GPS lock indoors as well!
As for the Breeze, well that's another story and I'll skip replacing it for now. Pointless even contacting Yuneec about this and the lesson learnt is that when things go wrong, well wifi has not enough range to correct, flies out of range quickly and I stared at the sky for 20min hoping it would come back as advertised. No such luck. So its back to TYH for me.

Does your Breeze save any kind of telemetry file? I have found Yuneec customer service here in the US to be superb. If you have a record of the flight, they may replace it. Have you contacted customer service?
Did you have your name and number on the Breeze? That is the first thing I do before flying any RC aircraft. I have had 4 flyaways (DJI products) all recovered.

Idea? Instead of GPS-tracker... ;)

IMG_3383.jpg
Very good idea! I forgot to mark mine.

To the fly away topic:
Mine started to lift like crazy once when I started it in my hand indoors. Luckily I catched it just before it hit the ceiling with full speed.
I thought that maybe I blocked the infrared sensor and it thought it is too low. GPS was off

After my first loss of another drone, not breeze, I put a sticker on my drones now with name, phone, and FAA #. I'd love to get a lost bird back.

Reactions: Ronzo
Yes, the Breeze saves some telemetry lof files on the controller device. The log files contains the GPS coordinates as long as the connection to the copter is stable. You can convert it to kml or gpx file to see in Google Earth or other map service what was happened.

br HE

Reactions: Ronzo
I've found the Breeze flight logs on my iPhone and exported them to my computer.
How can I convert them to more common formats?

I had something the same happen to me the other day. I had calibrated and flown it a couple of times prior and on this day I flew it right outside my office as I was leaving for the day.
it flew fine but was slow, which i had it on the lowest speed setting. I landed it, turned it off and when I got to my truck, decided to fly once more.
I placed it on the tonneau of my truck and turned it on, the app on my ipad flashed something like 'compass calibration' but went away when I moved it off the tonneau to the ground. on the ground, i engaged the motors and it acended like normal but then about 1 ft off the ground, it shot to the right (my right) and smacked in to a curb flipping and stalling motor that was reported on the app screen.

the body had separated so I worked it back together and tried again, it did the same thing this time breaking the upper arm of the right hand prop housing, so unflyable.

ordered replacement body from vertigo, just got it in and wondered:
1. has anyone else had this type of experience with the breeze ( I post here because this poor guy lost his!)
2. is there a step by step to do the body transfer?

Thanks
RD

I had something the same happen to me the other day. I had calibrated and flown it a couple of times prior and on this day I flew it right outside my office as I was leaving for the day.
it flew fine but was slow, which i had it on the lowest speed setting. I landed it, turned it off and when I got to my truck, decided to fly once more.
I placed it on the tonneau of my truck and turned it on, the app on my ipad flashed something like 'compass calibration' but went away when I moved it off the tonneau to the ground. on the ground, i engaged the motors and it acended like normal but then about 1 ft off the ground, it shot to the right (my right) and smacked in to a curb flipping and stalling motor that was reported on the app screen.

the body had separated so I worked it back together and tried again, it did the same thing this time breaking the upper arm of the right hand prop housing, so unflyable.

ordered replacement body from vertigo, just got it in and wondered:
1. has anyone else had this type of experience with the breeze ( I post here because this poor guy lost his!)
2. is there a step by step to do the body transfer?

Thanks
RD

You're Roger, a fellow Texan? Good to have you here. Are you in the drone business?

You're Roger, a fellow Texan? Good to have you here. Are you in the drone business?
yessir, I am a Texan born and bred, I see you are in the piney woods, I am just south of there in Spring.
As far as the biz just testing the waters. I just got my UAS Remote Pilot certificate.

Last edited:
Maybe it's all the metal around (pickup tonneau).

Here you see how to open the body:

Thanks, I got through it. mine was a bit more involved due to the arm and motor surrounding area cracked.
I did it in about an hour and a half, was going to do video but was into it before I thought about it and didn't want to stop and set up.

Hope it resets and works again!

It's definitely either the tonneau cover/metal issue or I suspected the navigation as I lost a breeze the same way after launching from my Ram 1500. I previously launched twice with the truck off with no issue in 720 stabilized. I launched the last flight wanting to test 4K and received a compass error that went away. The breeze went up 2-3 ft and then banked hard right and circled us at an insane speed with motors screaming until it hit the curb and shattered the camera lens and broke one of the legs. Luckily none of us were injured and it didn't crash into my truck. I was able to exchange from the retailer but am now hesitant to use. I'm waiting patiently for the fpv controller goggles set that I ordered in Dec. I wanted to give the controller a try before giving up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda