Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze FPV Controller

JTK

Reaction score
I got my Breeze FPV controller today. It looks very cool, but I cannot get the the breeze app to connect to the game controller. My phone (iPhone 7+) will connect to the game controller via bluetooth and shows "Connected" but the app says try after try that the connection failed. Appreciate any suggestions.

YTK

Do you still connect via wi-fi between phone and Breeze?
And do you have the latest firmware? It was an update just a few days ago.

Thanks for the suggestions, I did do all the latest upgrades, and was connected to my Breeze via WIFI. I'm wondering if this is related to using the iPhone vs an android device.

Can you tell me where you got the fpv controller? I sent the following email to Yuneec but their email server keeps rejecting it.
Hello

For Christmas i gave my grandson a Breeze Drone. I then ordered a Breeze FPV controller from RC Planet after emailing them to make sure this item was in stock. I received an email back from their sales dept assuring me that they did have the controller in stock. I placed the order within 15 minutes of receiving the email. Now after 4 days they sent me another email saying the item was now on back order. I chose the Breeze because my grandson has very poor vision and I thought it would be an easy drone for him to learn with but he needs the joysticks on the controller to be comfortable. I have worked with him for several years teaching him how to fly RC aircraft, plus he has a very hard time seeing his phone screen. I am a giant scale flyer myself. I was very disappointed in RC Planet as you can imagine. Can you please help me find one of these controllers or at least point me to a dealer that has one in stock. I have tried Carolina Dronz as well because i have had good experience with them in the past and they are within reasonable driving distance from my home outside Atlanta. Any help you could possibly give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Can anyone help me find one of these controllers?

I talked with Breeze Support today and was told that not being able to connect the controller to the Breeze Cam software is a know problem and they are working on a solution - no expected completion date. I know that some people have been successful in making this connection, but I could not get any specifics on which controllers or phones are affected from Yueec. (I have an iphone 7+). I was told to check the Yuneec website periodically for an announcement about when this problem is fixed. I would not recommend purchasing this until you know this problem is resolved.

Brandon4207 - I ordered mine from Horizon Hobby (via Amazon.com) and it came in just a few days. However, I think you are going to be even more frustrated if you get one now and it does not work. I'm considering just returning mine until the problem is fixed - maybe retailers know about the problem now and are not shipping them...

Last Update: I called Yuneec support again today and someone helped me to connect to the controller with no problem. The information I was told yesterday about a "know problem" seems to be incorrect. If you press Y and Power with the controller off (as markfore suggested above) this does allow the bluetooth to connect in the Breeze Cam app. What I was doing wrong was powering on the controller first, then pressing the Y+power buttons which had no effect. Score one for Yuneec support.

One think I noticed on first use that I though was pretty cool is that you can switch back and forth between the breeze camera and the one on your cell phone using a controller button - this is pretty handy if you don't have a VO - allowing you to look at the breeze without taking off the goggles.

Last Update: I called Yuneec support again today and someone helped me to connect to the controller with no problem. The information I was told yesterday about a "know problem" seems to be incorrect. If you press Y and Power with the controller off (as markfore suggested above) this does allow the bluetooth to connect in the Breeze Cam app. What I was doing wrong was powering on the controller first, then pressing the Y+power buttons which had no effect. Score one for Yuneec support.

One think I noticed on first use that I though was pretty cool is that you can switch back and forth between the breeze camera and the one on your cell phone using a controller button - this is pretty handy if you don't have a VO - allowing you to look at the breeze without taking off the goggles.
Just like to add that the FPV controller only works when you select the FPV mode, you don't need to use the goggles to fly but it just wasn't clear that the software would only respond in FPV mode i.e. You can't use the controller in any of the other flight modes. Had this been made clear from the outset I would of saved a lot of time and had a much better experience. Like a few others I got the connection right just couldn't get into the air with the FPV controller. This seem logical when you know but it wasn't clear at the outset.

That is all :)

I got my Breeze FPV controller today. It looks very cool, but I cannot get the the breeze app to connect to the game controller. My phone (iPhone 7+) will connect to the game controller via bluetooth and shows "Connected" but the app says try after try that the connection failed. Appreciate any suggestions.

YTK
so the 7 plus fits in the holder on the controller?

I personally would like to use the controller to and maybe even a real TRANSCEIVER type controller. What I was coming to find that most think you either have the controller or the phone- and not understanding that the controller actually controls the phone touch controls to control the drone.
But for what it’s intended purpose - it worked as they designed.
If there is an alternative controller that directly controls the Breeze - point me!!!

Just got the breeze. I can use the controller but can't tilt the camera down using the controller. If I use without the Controller and tilt down then the controller can tilt up but still not down. Is there a way to remap the controls?

Go here Downloads-Breeze-FPV and download the firmware update for the controller. Follow the instructions in the pdf included in the download. The update has to be performed on a Windows PC.

I have got my Breeze controller. It works but flying direction is reversed (as if in FPV mode instead of pilot/selfie mode) and the gimbal trim does not work - Dpad up just does nothing and Dpad down rotates.

So I have just downloaded the yunecc_update package, tried it on my Windows 10 laptop. First it complained that mfc100.dll was missing (downloaded from fix4dll web site) - I had that dll in my windows > system32 folder but I had to copy it in the application folder. Then it complained I was missing msvcr110.dll (downloaded in the app folder) then mfc110.dll was missing (again, downloaded in the app folder). Now it just fails with this message.

I have tried running this app in all possible compatibility modes but it does not start in any.

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Any help?

upload_2018-3-14_17-18-44.png

I have got my Breeze controller. It works but flying direction is reversed (as if in FPV mode instead of pilot/selfie mode) and the gimbal trim does not work - Dpad up just does nothing and Dpad down rotates.

So I have just downloaded the yunecc_update package, tried it on my Windows 10 laptop. First it complained that mfc100.dll was missing (downloaded from fix4dll web site) - I had that dll in my windows > system32 folder but I had to copy it in the application folder. Then it complained I was missing msvcr110.dll (downloaded in the app folder) then mfc110.dll was missing (again, downloaded in the app folder). Now it just fails with this message.

I have tried running this app in all possible compatibility modes but it does not start in any.

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Any help?

View attachment 8895

The files you need can be downloaded from the Microsoft website. I never trust 3rd party we will fix your dll problems. It is a great way to get a virus or a screwed up registry because a file didn’t get registered properly.

Yuneec should have included the following redistributable for use with the controller update. Get it here Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center.
Install the runtime files from Microsoft and attempt the update for the controller again.

Reactions: agallo
The files you need can be downloaded from the Microsoft website. I never trust 3rd party we will fix your dll problems. It is a great way to get a virus or a screwed up registry because a file didn’t get registered properly.

Yuneec should have included the following redistributable for use with the controller update. Get it here Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center.
Install the runtime files from Microsoft and attempt the update for the controller again.

uhm, the point is that I already have that installed in my machine, when I tried to run the installer from MS it failed mentioning that I have actually a more recent VS support. This is why I tried downloading them one by one and putting them in the Yuneec app folder. I have removed those DLLs from the Yuneec folder and I have copied them in windows>system instead of >system32 and it does not complain for the missing DLLs but still crashes.

So now my understanding is that I am on a 64-bit Windows 10 laptop and the Yuneec app does not find those DLLs in my system folder because it is a 32-bit app while the installed MS redistributable in my platform is for 64-bit.

I have just downloaded now the redistributable support BUT I have forced to use the release for x86 instead of x64 and now it works! I have just updated the controller successfully.

Later today I will try out if the gimbal works with the D-pad.

THANK YOU FOR FORCING ME TO THINK AGAIN ABOUT WHICH INSTALLER TO USE, i.e. 32-bit vs the default 64-bit....

Any idea about how to switch the direction of flying between selfie and fpv mode on the controller? I understand that in FPV mode it shall be reversed but in controller mode (i.e. controller WITHOUT the goggles) it shall work in selfie mode.

Any idea about how to switch the direction of flying between selfie and fpv mode on the controller? I understand that in FPV mode it shall be reversed but in controller mode (i.e. controller WITHOUT the goggles) it shall work in selfie mode.

maybe I should try and use the touchscreen controls to force the switch from FPV to Controller back and forth. I switch the app in controller mode before connecting the controller so maybe this switched mode has not been communicated to the controller.

I will try in the coming days if this works, it is now evening here in Europe and it will be raining for the coming two days...

You can disregard what follows. I missed where you said you were able to update and that the controller is working.

I had the 2017 version on my tablet, and had to load the 2012 version to get the controller update to run. It has to do with the version that was used to develop the updates. It’s not the first time I’ve encountered such things with Windows programs. You will find the same circumstances with programs developed with different versions of .Net programming platform.

It worked for me and a couple other people that had this problem and the update has to be installed to get the camera gimbal to move properly.

In controller mode the controls are correct if you face the camera away from you. This is the way most quads are flown.

In Pilot, Selfie, Orbit, Journey, and Follow Me modes the controls are normal if you have the camera facing you. It was setup that way because the flyer is the camera subject in those modes. There is a soft switch labeled R that will allow you to use traditional controls in Pilot mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech