Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Hi, I have no luck binding my controller to my Breeze. The instructions are vague as far as I am concerned. Got onto a you tube site and followed the instructions until it was supposed to vibrate. Nothing.

Info in post 1 of this thread updated on 3/14/2018 to include info and a download link for needed runtime files from Microsoft.

I’ve seen several posts dealing with the G3 controller not controlling the camera gimbal or wondering where the update is located.

The following link will take you to the download on the Yuneec US site. Unzip the file and read the pdf file for the instructions. You may have to tell Windows to allow the exe file to run. Updating will only take a few seconds. When complete, connect using the BreezeCam app and select the Controller option. You can test the camera gimbal control using the upper left d-pad up/down.

http://us.yuneec.com/files/downloads/breeze/Breeze_Controller_Update.zip

Hope this helps those looking for a solution to the camera control problem.

I’m updating this thread with some information that came up after the original posting. The updates for the controller was developed using C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio as a 32 bit program. Several people as well as myself on a different computer have had the updates fail with missing dll files. To correct this, download and install the following redistributable package from Microsoft, then run the updates for the controller.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

After having a Breeze that I was able to fly with my phone ( MOTO Z2Play..yes it is dual band) but had a problem with updates and compass calibration stating that the power was below 30% and can't proceed ( I was only able to update and calibrate using a Pixel phone) the Breeze did operate as designed and operate with my MOTO phone but the range was crap and unreliable. I am chalking all that up to a phone incompatibility problem relating to the 802.11 ac protocol the MOTO phone does not have but the Pixel does.
I returned that Breeze. I do not have any I phones or Ipads in the house and I am not updating my phone for this thing.

I was interested enough in the Breeze and some new info about the controller (the first Breeze didn't have the controller), I got another Breeze w/controller from Walmart...
After all the downloading and testing, I WAS able to hook the controller to the phone using Bluetooth. And the app on the phone is able to control the Breeze.
Same as the other Breeze, can't update/calibrate...
BUT, the phone/app does not show that the controller is attached!
Will not go into "controller mode" the little controller icon on the lower right of the screen has an exclamation point and if touched, gives the not connected to controller info.
Also, after trying to update said controller, it doesn't ever show any "progress bar" just switches from showing 1.22 then when the "auto update" is activated, it switches to 1.39 and then after aprox 10-15 seconds says" update successfully"! every time ...and yes, following the directions and holding A and R1 simultaneously.. with 2 different, known good USB DATA cables!
So I assumed the stupid controller was already updated...That Breeze went back also!!

Today, I was happy to see this updated info about the possible missing files!! I just checked those re-distributable files and when I Download/install (I have win10 64) it wants to modify or uninstall the program which normally means it WAS installed...( tried both the x64 and x86 versions)...
Just for grins and giggles, I just clicked on the controller update WITHOUT the controller even plugged in and it does the exact same thing...nothing and then "updated successfully" after 10-15 seconds!!

YUNEEC NEEDS TO HIRE SOME SOFTWARE PEOPLE!

Reactions: NeicieT
Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the Breeze. I agree that buying a new phone just to use on the Breeze as a controller would be fiscally nuts. Unfortunately compatibility with products on the Android OS is really helter skelter due to the many manufacturers using that OS. There are fewer problems with iPhones/iPads because there is only one manufacturer.

It only took a few seconds to update the controller. The updated firmware corrected the assignments on the d-pad for controlling the camera movement.

If you ran the updater and you had no warning about missing files then you already had the proper Visual Studio runtime files on your Win 10 64 bit system. It is only if you get the missing file warning that you need the 32 bit runtime files.

Your post did bring up a phenomenon that I had not heard of yet and may explain why some thought they had updated, but it didn’t take. You said running with nothing attached gave the same message about the update being complete. This means the updater is sending the update without any acknowledgment from the controller. So if people didn’t hold R1 and A all through the update the controller wouldn’t store the firmware.

Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the Breeze. I agree that buying a new phone just to use on the Breeze as a controller would be fiscally nuts. Unfortunately compatibility with products on the Android OS is really helter skelter due to the many manufacturers using that OS. There are fewer problems with iPhones/iPads because there is only one manufacturer.

It only took a few seconds to update the controller. The updated firmware corrected the assignments on the d-pad for controlling the camera movement.

If you ran the updater and you had no warning about missing files then you already had the proper Visual Studio runtime files on your Win 10 64 bit system. It is only if you get the missing file warning that you need the 32 bit runtime files.

Your post did bring up a phenomenon that I had not heard of yet and may explain why some thought they had updated, but it didn’t take. You said running with nothing attached gave the same message about the update being complete. This means the updater is sending the update without any acknowledgment from the controller. So if people didn’t hold R1 and A all through the update the controller wouldn’t store the firmware.

Yeah, I agree about the IOS system being more "locked down" and therefore, easier to keep compatible. But, I understand that google IS trying to do the same to combat exactly that problem. I never really liked apple/mac/IOS mainly because of them being locked down but, and more importantly, I want variety and competition in my product choices.
Going back to the Breeze, If they feature Apple and Android support, it should be available without all this. You and a lot of others on this and other forums have provided more help/info than I got from Yuneec when I contacted them. I suspect that whoever answers the phone here in the US is not given ALL the information/tips needed and they just go through the motions.
I am pretty good will all these "gadgets" and am usually the one responsible for fixing these kinds of things for many friends/family so I am reluctant to "throw-in the towel" on this Breeze.
I enjoyed the little bit of flying/use I had with the first Breeze and its price/features but hated the use of the phone to control it ...that prompted the kit purchase from Walmart to see if I liked the controller.
In between the 2 Breeze's, I purchased a refurb Q500 4K. That is working beautifully and the pictures/videos are great! It is a large copter and is stable and steady...But, I want the portability of the Breeze. I do a lot of hiking and primarily ride a motorcycle. The breeze would easily fit in a saddlebag and would be great to use at a moments notice if I see something interesting. Might have to look at a Mavic air or a Spark...
As far as that controller update program. I can't blame the Android phone for THAT problem. That is done right through the PC. I tried the update MANY times and I still don't know if it updated since it ( the program) does the same thing with or without the controller plugged in. I guess the only real test is if it does control the camera tilt? Since it never shows that the controller was connected in the app, I can't verify! Again, the controller does connect and buzz through Bluetooth and no trouble connecting the Breeze to the app through the wi-fi. It just doesn't show it through the app.

You are correct that the "test" is if the camera tilt is functional.

I agree with a lot of your points. I use Apple phones because I get my son's hand-me-downs. If I had to buy I would probably own Android myself. My computers are Windows based because Macs are overpriced. The only difference now is the OS since Apple went to Intel processors.

The Breeze was a starter for me, and the price drop before Xmas got me in. I am looking at getting a Typhoon H sometime this summer. Since you have the Q500, this forum is a great place to gather information and share media.

Happy flying and trails!

Hello Doomeister: I have recently purchased a Breeze 4k. Thanks for all of the time you and others put in monitoring and replying to this forum. I've learned a lot -primarily to be patient as others had the same problems and the community graciously helps to find a solution. I've followed all of your suggestions and your advice has been spot on. It's taken me 10 plus days to check and recheck but I have been able to successfully update my breeze and I am running it on a Motox4 Android One phone on the Google fi network.
Took multiple times to connect at first. I also noticed that the phone connects to the Breeze mush faster outside the house.
Satellite connection is surprisingly fast. I got 13 satellites indoors when going through the setup. (i don't fly indoors).Got to fly the breeze for the first time 2 days ago! I have 2 other Syma x5 toy-grade drones as well where I learned the basics. And, that experience helped me on my first flight in pilot mode
Here's my problem:I have the same issue with the controller not controlling the camera properly. I confirmed I have the controller with the blue leds.
I downloaded the controller firmware update. After attempting install I got the windows .dll error you mentioned in your post.
I went to the Microsoft download center for the Visual C++ files via your link and downloaded the x64 version of the file.and tried to install.
The update will not run on my computer:
Computer is an ASUS T100TA x64 with 64GB SSD and 2 gb of ram
Quad core Intel atom processor running Windows 10 Home version 1709 32 bit.
I've downloaded the x86 version. But, I'm wondering if it is the right one.
Does anyone else out there have the same problem?
Thanks!

You do need to install the x86 (32bit) version for the update to run properly. Be sure to follow the directions in the pdf file included in the download.

Once the controller is updated, you can test it by connecting via WiFi, going to controller mode , then once the controller connects just use the D-pad to lower and raise the camera.

You do need to install the x86 (32bit) version for the update to run properly. Be sure to follow the directions in the pdf file included in the download.

Once the controller is updated, you can test it by connecting via WiFi, going to controller mode , then once the controller connects just use the D-pad to lower and raise the camera.

Thank you sir. I did as you suggested and was able to control the camera movement with the D-pad. Too windy to fly yesterday and today here in FL. Have to wait a little longer to get photos and video. Thanks for your help!

Thank you sir. I did as you suggested and was able to control the camera movement with the D-pad. Too windy to fly yesterday and today here in FL. Have to wait a little longer to get photos and video. Thanks for your help!

What part of Florida? I'm a little north of Leesburg.

Thankyou, glad to help.

I’ve seen several posts dealing with the G3 controller not controlling the camera gimbal or wondering where the update is located.

The following link will take you to the download on the Yuneec US site. Unzip the file and read the pdf file for the instructions. You may have to tell Windows to allow the exe file to run. Updating will only take a few seconds. When complete, connect using the BreezeCam app and select the Controller option. You can test the camera gimbal control using the upper left d-pad up/down.

Use this newer information only if the updater fails for missing dll files. Use the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit system.

I’m updating this thread with some information that came up after the original posting. The updater for the controller was developed using C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio as a 32 bit program. Several people as well as myself on a different computer have had the updates fail with missing dll files. To correct this, download and install the following redistributable package from Microsoft, then run the updates for the controller.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Any idea what to do if your computer says that the USB connection to the computer malfunctions? my computer isn't recognizing the usb from the remote. Says it may be the device???

The controller should not be powered on to do the update. Be sure you read the pdf file in the firmware download and follow it to the letter.

Use this newer information only if the updater fails for missing dll files. Use the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit system.

I’m updating this thread with some information that came up after the original posting. The updater for the controller was developed using C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio as a 32 bit program. Several people as well as myself on a different computer have had the updates fail with missing dll files. To correct this, download and install the following redistributable package from Microsoft, then run the updates for the controller.

I just did the update and now the controller doesnt work at all. Any suggestions on how to at least return to At least flying it? Should i just try to update again? Thanks so much for your help

I just did the update and now the controller doesnt work at all. Any suggestions on how to at least return to At least flying it? Should i just try to update again? Thanks so much for your help
Well I got the controller to work again after the update. Still no tilt camera. Must be doing something wrong with the update. Thanks for all your help so far. Hope to try a different computer later.

Hi,
I'm a newbie with drones and recently got 2 sets of Breeze 4K from Walmart . So far, I really enjoy the Breeze flying with the Android phones but unfortunately I can't get the controller to work with my phones (Samsung Note3 & Galaxy S8Plus) even after the firmware had been update to the controller. Both phones recognized the controller through Bluetooth and it connected, buzzed and vibrated properly but it froze up at the final screen inside the Breeze Cam app with the "Experience Now" button and would not respond to any user inputs. I had to use Task Manager to close the Breeze Cam app and restart it again. I tried both controllers and no success. I appreciate if anyone have any suggestion before I send it back to Yuneeq.
Thanks in advance for your help

The Note 3 has Bluetooth 4.0 which may or may not work. My iPhone 5c and 5s both have Bluetooth 4.0. The 5s works fine and the 5c knocks Breeze Cam back to the Home screen.

The Galaxy S8 plus should work. Only connect from inside Breeze Cam. Be sure you have started the controller by pressing Power+A to put the controller in Android mode.

If that doesn’t work, contact Yuneec Customer Support as they would know for sure what is causing your troubles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz