Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I’ve seen several posts dealing with the G3 controller not controlling the camera gimbal or wondering where the update is located.

The following link will take you to the download on the Yuneec Skins website. Unzip the file and read the pdf file for the instructions, but use the instructions in red below. You may have to tell Windows to allow the exe file to run. Updating will only take a few seconds. When complete, connect using the BreezeCam app and select the Controller option. You can test the camera gimbal control using the upper left d-pad up/down.

I have also attached the File to this post as Breeze_Controller_Update.zip and just the executable file named as BCU.txt (rename the extension txt to exe).

Hope this helps those looking for a solution to the camera control problem.

IMPORTANT!
The included instructions say to start the update program, hold R1 and A with the controller powered off, wait 2 seconds, connect to the computer via USB, then click the update button, wait for update complete, then release R1 and A simultaneously.

The instructions should be modified to read as follows:

1. Start the Breeze Control Update.exe (allow Windows to run the program).
2. With the controller powered off, depress R1 and A and continue holding them until update is complete (in step 6).
3. Wait 2 seconds then connect to the computer via USB cable.
4. A Windows message will appear about setting up equipment, wait until you get a message saying setup is complete.
5. After the setup complete message from Windows, click the Update button in the updater program. A progress bar will appear.
6. Once the progress bar is full, you will get an update complete.Now simultaneously release R1 and A.

7. Start the controller for the mode to match the device you fly the Breeze with (iOS or Android).

##############################################################
If you find this version doesn't work for some reason, I'm attaching the older version from Yuneec.
##############################################################

Use this information only if the old updater fails for missing dll files. Use the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit system.

I’m updating this thread with some information that came up after the original posting. The updater for the controller was developed using C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio as a 32 bit program. Several people as well as myself on a different computer have had the updates fail with missing dll files. To correct this, download and install the following redistributable package from Microsoft, then run the updates for the controller.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Attachments

• Old_Breeze_Controller_Update.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 35
  • Breeze_Controller_Update.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 24
  • BCU.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thanks DoomMeister. Controller update says it only works with controllers with blue mode indicators. Are they referring to the four LEDs below/underneath the joy sticks that display whether you have configured the controller for Android or iOS use?

My LEDs are red: leftmost LED blinking when trying to link to an Android phone or second from the left LED blinking when trying to link to an iOS phone. I bought the controller and Breeze as a package from Walmart. Since my LEDS aren't blue, does that mean I already have a good controller that doesn't need updating; or, does it mean that I should get another controller?
TIA

Reactions: Captain72
Thanks DoomMeister. Controller update says it only works with controllers with blue mode indicators. Are they referring to the four LEDs below/underneath the joy sticks that display whether you have configured the controller for Android or iOS use?

My LEDs are red: leftmost LED blinking when trying to link to an Android phone or second from the left LED blinking when trying to link to an iOS phone. I bought the controller and Breeze as a package from Walmart. Since my LEDS aren't blue, does that mean I already have a good controller that doesn't need updating; or, does it mean that I should get another controller?
TIA

From other posts I’ve seen on this forum, if your mode indicators (yes the LED’s you mentioned above) are red you should not have the connection problem. Mine were blue and I couldn’t control the camera until I flashed the update. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pman
I’ve seen several posts dealing with the G3 controller not controlling the camera gimbal or wondering where the update is located.

The following link will take you to the download on the Yuneec US site. Unzip the file and read the pdf file for the instructions. You may have to tell Windows to allow the exe file to run. Updating will only take a few seconds. When complete, connect using the BreezeCam app and select the Controller option. You can test the camera gimbal control using the upper left d-pad up/down.

http://us.yuneec.com/files/downloads/breeze/Breeze_Controller_Update.zip

Hope this helps those looking for a solution to the camera control problem.
From other posts I’ve seen on this forum, if your mode indicators (yes the LED’s you mentioned above) are red you should not have the connection problem. Mine were blue and I couldn’t control the camera until I flashed the update. Hope this helps.
Where did you get the update I’m running a Mac it only works on windows

I believe there is a Mac sub folder in the zip file linked in the first post in this thread. I don’t own a Mac so I can’t say if you can update the controller with this download.

I believe there is a Mac sub folder in the zip file linked in the first post in this thread. I don’t own a Mac so I can’t say if you can update the controller with this download.
Thanks Buddy I found it just looked over it .

We’re you able to update your controller on the Mac?

We’re you able to update your controller on the Mac?
I just got off the phone with Yuneec and they said the update is only for Windows not Mac I'll have to do it work . Thank for your help .
I asked the guy at Yuneec a Question wondering about how far you can go before you recalibrate your drone he said 200 miles or when your true north changes. That is some good info .

So i've tried this update, but when I got into the info in the app, still shows the "flying control version" at 1.1.2

did the release number change? did I miss something? I have the blue LED's... all you do is hold R1 and A, plug in the USB, wait 2 seconds, run the auto update and then release R1 and A, right? this is frustrating, the controller is worthless at this point, and has been since we purchased the drone.

So i've tried this update, but when I got into the info in the app, still shows the "flying control version" at 1.1.2

did the release number change? did I miss something? I have the blue LED's... all you do is hold R1 and A, plug in the USB, wait 2 seconds, run the auto update and then release R1 and A, right? this is frustrating, the controller is worthless at this point, and has been since we purchased the drone.

The flight controller version you saw in the app is the control system in the drone (Google flight controller if u are just into drones), which has nothing to do with the joystick controller. I don't think you can see the firmware version for the joystick but as long as you followed the steps and the update tool on computer showed update complete or successful or things like that, you should be good. Just check if you can pan the camera using the Dpad.

This update for the G3 controller fixes a problem where the camera could not be panned up/down with the d-pad on the upper left of the controller.

What phone/tablet are you running the BreezeCam app on? Are you able to connect the controller in the app? I can use the controller with my iPhone 5s and iPhone 7, but not the iPhone 5c.

neosunrise is correct in his reply. I know of no way to check the firmware version in the controller. If the controller connects in the app you can use the d-pad to move the camera without launching the drone.

Don’t use GPS indoor it will end up running in to ceiling there is a button to turn it off it has a gyro in it to keep it stable . It a little big for inside if you do just be careful I’ve done it and use the prop guards .

I referred to that thread because there is a map that will give you an idea of how far you can travel in a direction before the magnetic calibration will be significantly off. I tried flying indoors (GPS off, as the manual says) and the Breeze tends to drift due to prop wash. I only have 8 ft ceilings and suspect flying in a gym or open ware house might be a little more stable.

Reactions: Pman and dwilmoth
Thanks for the replies...

Here’s a little background. I have a Q500 4K, and my dad has been pretty jealous so I got him this breeze for Christmas from Walmart.

He has been having problems since the beginning with the controller maintaining connection. It will usually drop off after 10-15 seconds mid flight. This is on his iPhone 6s. It never stayed connected long enough for us to even know if the camera tilt worked.

I brought it home with me last night to try it on my iPhone X, and had this same issue. I came across this thread and applied this update to the controller. So far, it hasn’t dropped the connection and it looks like this patch may have fixed the issue. We haven’t yet tried it with his 6s though so, fingers crossed.

Reactions: dwilmoth
Thanks for the replies...

Here’s a little background. I have a Q500 4K, and my dad has been pretty jealous so I got him this breeze for Christmas from Walmart.

He has been having problems since the beginning with the controller maintaining connection. It will usually drop off after 10-15 seconds mid flight. This is on his iPhone 6s. It never stayed connected long enough for us to even know if the camera tilt worked.

I brought it home with me last night to try it on my iPhone X, and had this same issue. I came across this thread and applied this update to the controller. So far, it hasn’t dropped the connection and it looks like this patch may have fixed the issue. We haven’t yet tried it with his 6s though so, fingers crossed.

Hope this solves the problem for you. My son got me started with drones. He’s a much better pilot than me. That’s part of the reason I got the Breeze, it is quite easy to fly.

Hope this solves the problem for you. My son got me started with drones. He’s a much better pilot than me. That’s part of the reason I got the Breeze, it is quite easy to fly.

I can not get the download from breeze for the controller.. to open, run or work. I can use my iphone or android without the controller, and the camera functions / controls as it should. but using the controller to operate the breeze, the tilting does not work. Am'I the only one who can not open, run the download?

Are you running Windows on your computer?

I can not get the download from breeze for the controller.. to open, run or work. I can use my iphone or android without the controller, and the camera functions / controls as it should. but using the controller to operate the breeze, the tilting does not work. Am'I the only one who can not open, run the download?
hi there xcole4201,
It is a zipped file, the files need to be extracted, that is why a computer is needed; click the yellow folder to open it then read the PDF file for instructions...you must use a cable that will transfer data...good luck (if your controller is working well just don't update ,,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop