Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Arggghh!! I missed this step "Be sure you have started the controller by pressing Power+A to put the controller in Android mode". I'll try it out tonight when I get home.
Thank you so much for your help.

Arggghh!! I missed this step "Be sure you have started the controller by pressing Power+A to put the controller in Android mode". I'll try it out tonight when I get home.
Thank you so much for your help.

Any luck connecting the controller without the app crashing?

Yes, connection was successful with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Note 4. What I did wrong before was that I didn't press Power + A on the controller to boot it up in Android mode. Thank you so much.

Yes, connection was successful with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Note 4. What I did wrong before was that I didn't press Power + A on the controller to boot it up in Android mode. Thank you so much.

You are welcome!

Have there been any other fixes for this? I have the same issue. Camera tilt works as confirmed by controlling it with the phone. But on the controller, it will tilt up if I've previously tilted it down with the iphone, but if I try to tilt it down, the drone just spins. I downloaded the latest controller firmware (link in this thread), installed it, following the PDF instruction to the letter, and received the update complete message. (no errors) Same behavior after 3 attempts, and 3 update complete messages. Drone firmware is up to date. Phone is iphone X. Computer I'm running the updater on is a Windows 10 laptop.

Any ideas would be helpful. Love the drone, but the lack of tilt is a bummer!

Use the USB cable that came with the Breeze and be sure you do the update with the controller powered off.

If you have already done that and it still isn’t working, contact Yuneec Customer Support.

Use the USB cable that came with the Breeze and be sure you do the update with the controller powered off.

If you have already done that and it still isn’t working, contact Yuneec Customer Support.

I have done that, thanks. I'd love to contact their customer support. But their chat does't seem to work, I've been trying all day. And I know from experience that it's no use calling them until I have 3 hours to kill.

I have done that, thanks. I'd love to contact their customer support. But their chat does't seem to work, I've been trying all day. And I know from experience that it's no use calling them until I have 3 hours to kill.

Go here Yuneec USA | Support and schedule an appointment for phone support. You may have to select speak to a pro before that option appears on your browser.

Go here Yuneec USA | Support and schedule an appointment for phone support. You may have to select speak to a pro before that option appears on your browser.

The next available time to call is in 2 weeks! I was really hoping Yuneec wouldn't have customer service as terrible as DJI, but it seems to be cut from the same cloth. What is it with drone companies?

They are Chinese in origin. Would love to see a German or US engineered multirotor aircraft with quality built parts backed by a quality Customer Support department.

I worked on equipment for building circuit boards and can attest to the quality of both US and German equipment. I can also attest to the lack of quality workmanship in Chinese built equipment as well as the underwhelming customer service of the same.

All depends on who is paying them to build said products and what standard they are held to. There is a such thing as well made Chinese product and paying for decent domestic customer service. Heck, it's not like DJI or Yuneec trades in cheap knock off goods. They are selling a decent product, at premium prices, they just suck at standing behind them. If DJI was selling me a $200 Mavic, I could live with shoddy tech support. But for $800+ I want to be able to chat with someone. Now, the Breeze is only $150, but they wouldn't respond any faster id I'd have bought a Typhoon.

I will tell you this, the Breeze is a nice little flying camera. At $150 with a controller, it's not bad. Had I bought one when they first came out for $500, no controller, I'd have been livid!

Check Breeze Cam and see if you are getting a FlightLog created every time you connect with the Breeze, and that the time matches the length of time you are connected. I’ll lay odds that you are not, and that is what is used to determine warranty claims.

I saw times available on the 25th, so more like a week and a half. I agree that it is way too long to wait for service, and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I don’t know who builds their website, but both Chrome and MS Edge cite warnings about the site certificates.

I've followed everything here and still cannot get the gimbal to allow the remote to control it via an Iphone 6 Plus. Every other feature works just fine, but the gimbal refuses to respond. I even did the firmware update and that did nothing. Any suggestions?

I've followed everything here and still cannot get the gimbal to allow the remote to control it via an Iphone 6 Plus. Every other feature works just fine, but the gimbal refuses to respond. I even did the firmware update and that did nothing. Any suggestions?

I’ve updated both of my controllers without a hitch. So if you have followed the procedure to the letter and the gimbal still won’t tilt down using the d-pad, contact Yuneec CS using a full web browser (not mobile) at Yuneec USA | Support. You can file a support ticket, use live chat, or schedule phone support.

I performed the update and now the gimbal works with the d-pad but it only moves to the full up or down position. I cannot stop it in between. Is that the normal behavior or should the gimbal stop and start as I press and release the d-pad buttons?

I performed the update and now the gimbal works with the d-pad but it only moves to the full up or down position. I cannot stop it in between. Is that the normal behavior or should the gimbal stop and start as I press and release the d-pad buttons?

It should stop and start. Movement should only be while pressing the d-pad. Make sure you are in the proper mode on the controller. iOS use Power+Y to start controller, for Android use Power+A to start.

If you are still getting the constant movement in the proper mode, try using the reset button on the controller. Hold it in for 10 seconds, then power cycle the controller.

It should stop and start. Movement should only be while pressing the d-pad. Make sure you are in the proper mode on the controller. iOS use Power+Y to start controller, for Android use Power+A to start.

If you are still getting the constant movement in the proper mode, try using the reset button on the controller. Hold it in for 10 seconds, then power cycle the controller.

Thank you! Reset did the trick. So nice to be in control of the camera now in controller mode!

This update didn't fix my problem. It did change the controller behavior a little bit though. Now all of the pad buttons (up, right, down, left) make the camera gimbal go up but I can't get it to go down. Before the update the down button made the whole drone spin. When I did the update things seem to go fine. I never saw a progress bar though, it stayed gray until it said it was complete. Any suggestions?

This update didn't fix my problem. It did change the controller behavior a little bit though. Now all of the pad buttons (up, right, down, left) make the camera gimbal go up but I can't get it to go down. Before the update the down button made the whole drone spin. When I did the update things seem to go fine. I never saw a progress bar though, it stayed gray until it said it was complete. Any suggestions?

See post #56. That may correct the problem. If not, try flashing the controller again. Be sure the controller is off, and hold the proper buttons as the pdf directions dictate.

See post #56. That may correct the problem. If not, try flashing the controller again. Be sure the controller is off, and hold the proper buttons as the pdf directions dictate.

Thank you for your reply. I tried it again with no luck, same issue where all of the pad buttons make it go up but not down. I tried resetting the controller but that didn't do anything. I tried the update again, still no luck.

To do the update:
  1. I make sure the controller is OFF (mine definitely has the blue lights, not red).
  2. I plug in the cable to the controller only, not the computer, so that it's a little less awkward plugging it in while holding the buttons.
  3. I open the program from the download, which is called "Breeze Control Update.exe" and not "yuneec_update.exe" like the PDF mentions. Could that be the problem? I downloaded the file from the link in this post.
  4. I see that "Version 1.22" shows in the program along with the "Auto Update" button.
  5. I push down R1 and A buttons at the same time and hold them down.
  6. I plug in the USB cable to the computer.
  7. I wait 2 seconds (I've tried waiting more also).
  8. I click the "Auto Update" button.
  9. After less than 20 seconds the program shows "Version 1.39" and "status: update successfully!" -- sometimes when I do it, the program shows "(Not Responding) for a few seconds before reflecting the new version and success message.
  10. I let go of R1 and A buttons at the same time.
  11. I unplug the USB from the controller
  12. I turn on the controller by pressing the power button and Y at the same time, holding down both buttons briefly until the controller lights come on then I let go of both buttons.
  13. I turn on the drone, connect to the wifi, and go into controller mode.
  14. I use the pad buttons but the down button moves the camera up, just like the up button does.
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on a Windows 10 Pro computer, and I have an iPhone 6 on latest iOS.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval