Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
When you download the Breeze_Controller_Update.zip, it needs to be unzipped/extracted. In the folder you extract to, you will find a folder named “yunecc_update” and in that folder will be 4 files (.DS_Store, btaddr.ini, Breeze Controller Upgrade Guide.pdf, and yunecc_update.exe). You need to run the yunecc_update.exe file to do the upgrade.

*****the odd spelling (yunecc) is from the download off of the Yuneec site*****

I just used the link to the Yuneec site and downloaded the update file and it is different as you describe. It has been updated from the one I used at the start of 2018. I'm uploading the older one to see if it will work for you.

Attachments

• Breeze_Controller_Update.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 56
When you download the Breeze_Controller_Update.zip, it needs to be unzipped/extracted. In the folder you extract to, you will find a folder named “yunecc_update” and in that folder will be 4 files (.DS_Store, btaddr.ini, Breeze Controller Upgrade Guide.pdf, and yunecc_update.exe). You need to run the yunecc_update.exe file to do the upgrade.

*****the odd spelling (yunecc) is from the download off of the Yuneec site*****

I just used the link to the Yuneec site and downloaded the update file and it is different as you describe. It has been updated from the one I used at the start of 2018. I'm uploading the older one to see if it will work for you.

That new download worked! Thank you! It's so nice to be able to use the controller now!

That new download worked! Thank you! It's so nice to be able to use the controller now!

Glad it worked for you. I wonder why Yuneec put up an update file that doesn’t work?

I may flash my spare controller with the new one to see if it screws it up. It’s obvious you can revert to the older one since yours is now working.

EDIT: I tried the new firmware update for the Breeze Controller (blue mode LED's). When I got to the point of connecting the USB to the computer, a Windows message box appeared referring to setup of of "something ISP". That occurred twice, then a message appeared saying setup was complete. Once I got that message, I clicked the button in the Update program, once the Update complete appeared, I released R1 and A. I connected to the Breeze and was able to control the camera movement. I'll have to give the new firmware a flight test to see what other changes may be in it.

Last edited:
There is no fixing that crash problem. The Bluetooth on the 5c is not compatible with Breeze Cam. The 5c will do everything else with no trouble.

The firmware worked great. Bought the breeze at Walmart a couple of days ago and the blue light would not stop flashing while charging even though it was charged. Used a 32 bit windows 10 environment and was successful first try. Hooked to Bluetooth on my Lenovo a10-70f and up she went and camera tilt is great. Sure works better than using the tablet.

I'd just like to thank you DoomMeister for your help and advice given to me last week regarding wifi connection...as you rightly pointed out the Samsung J3 is not compatible and i solved my problem by buying an iphone which works excellently. The BREEZE is ace. I.m well impressed now i can get it off the ground. Everything including the bluetooth controller are working perfectly. Thx again.

You are most welcome Reichman. You will most likely help someone else in the future. I really enjoy being part of this forum, learning and sharing with people worldwide. We have a wonderful community here.

Now that you are flying with the Breeze, be sure to join in our Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section. The more we have playing, the more fun it will be.

Reactions: Brianlam
Thanks for the write-up. Was having issues with the controller crashing the app or my phone upon connecting. This solved the problem for Nexus 6p.

Thank you, DoomMeister. The old update file finally worked and got me out of my frustration. I am now practicing to fly my Breeze and I am impressed how it handles quite heavy winds! Great fun, thanks a lot!

This has been the most frustrating part of owning the Breeze. I'm on a Mac, which is not supported with the firmware update. A neighbor allowed me to use his laptop to update the controller firmware. Tried three times, but still unable to tilt the camera with the controller. Followed the directions specifically. Took the controller to Best Buy and had their Geek Squad update it. Still no control of the gimbal. Very disappointed in Yuneec. I love flying the Breeze and have gotten some decent video and stills, but not being able to control the camera from the controller is a deal breaker. I'm about ready to move on to something better...

I have updated two controllers and have had no problem either time getting them to update. If the gimbal moves with the phone and not with the controller the update did not take properly. Also make sure the controller is powered up in the proper mode (iOS or Android), it made a difference in another case a few months back (switching between OS’es and forget to set mode on the controller).

DoomMeister, thank you. Yes, the camera tilt works with the phone but not the controller. And, yes, it is being powered up in the proper mode (iOS). One thing I noticed when trying to do the upgrade was that the little blue "progress bar" did nothing, but I still got the message that the upload was complete. I think is simply didn't take. I had to borrow a laptop to try it and it may be due to the missing files noted in the original post. But, I'm reluctant to ask someone to borrow their laptop again. If there's anyone in the Nashville area who has successfully done this and would be willing to help, I'd appreciate it.

If you are using the newer version of the update file, I noticed a delay in recognizing the controller being attached via USB compared to the older version. Once that message appears, you then proceed with starting the update and the progress bar should advance, then get the update complete. Not seeing the progress bar fill sounds as if the controller was not recognized. Refer to post #64 above.

If you are using the newer version of the update file, I noticed a delay in recognizing the controller being attached via USB compared to the older version. Once that message appears, you then proceed with starting the update and the progress bar should advance, then get the update complete. Not seeing the progress bar fill sounds as if the controller was not recognized. Refer to post #64 above.
OK, thanks. I'll try that if I can borrow the PC again. (I still wish a Mac version of the update was available.)

If you have a Windows VM on your iMac, it may work. Just a thought.

I have a gameir G3s that is not original. Iwant to control Breeze.I cant use Breeze control by R1+A can you do this?

GameSir made a special edition of the G3 for Yuneec as the Breeze Controller so it shows in the Bluetooth setup in the phone as a GameSir G3.

It may be possible to use it if you flash it with the Yuneec firmware for the Breeze Controller. I am not sure if you would be able to use it the same for gaming after that.

Reactions: ragonz
Once I am not in the system, I pressed r1+a and the computer didn’t respond. I didn’t use 64 and 32.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval