Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I have attempted the controller firmware update over and over again, using both the older and newer firmware downloads. And the update never shows anything in the progress bar, only an eventual "complete" message. But the controller still won't operate my Breeze's camera gimbal. Pressing R1 and A and connecting the cable produces the expected device recognition on the computer, but it seems like the update utility itself isn't seeing the controller. I've used multiple USB cables, including the one that came with the Breeze. And I've tried this on two computers, one Windows 8 and one Windows 10, with the same results.

Well, I'm happy to report that the update finally worked for me. I wish I could tell you what changed or what I did differently, but I can't. After numerous attempts, it finally just worked.

Glad to hear it finally worked for you.

I believe there is a Mac sub folder in the zip file linked in the first post in this thread. I don’t own a Mac so I can’t say if you can update the controller with this download.
There is not a mac folder in the file in the first link above, if anyone knows if there is a mac option, I'd appreciate it.

There is not a mac folder in the file in the first link above, if anyone knows if there is a mac option, I'd appreciate it.

No option for Mac, the older version had a Mac folder but it was empty. You have to use a windows machine to do the update.

Reactions: PilotDJS
Hmmm...just read through all the posts on this thread that's been asleep for a few months. Sounds like I'm stuck. Everything in my house is an Apple product. My last Windows PC was a DELL desktop that I eventually hurled out of my second floor bedroom window after two years of unrelenting frustation.

From what I can tell, there is still no way of updating my Controller using an iMac desktop with OSX.

Some have had success running VM software on the Mac and running Windows in a VM.

You can always find a friend or family member that has a Windows PC unless you only associate with crApple users. ;)

Reactions: Avesraggiana
Some have had success running VM software on the Mac and running Windows in a VM.

You can always find a friend or family member that has a Windows PC unless you only associate with crApple users. ;)

Haha!!! My best friend is a PC user!

Non sequitur. Am I correct in concluding that Yuneec is no longer making drones for the amateur/leisure/selfie market? I just went on their website and didn't see anything like the Breeze 4K on offer. Seemed to be all commercial applications drones, far beyond my intended use level and price point.

I just reloaded their website and it seems you are correct. The only models on their site now are the H520 and the H3. As much as I love my Yuneec aircraft, I have an equally strong resentment for the nose thumbing treatment they have given their customers in the North American market. The latest with the wholesale withdrawal of support and sales in the US is the last straw.

Anyone in North America stupid enough to buy a Yuneec H520 or H3 at this point in time is looking to waste their money on a system where support will be nonexistent.

Apropos of our earlier discussion regarding the Breeze Controller that no longer pairs to my iPhone X (and now at iOS 13.3.1), I do know that as recently as February 2019, my Controller did work with my iPhone X because I have few videos of myself dated from that time, using it. All of this must have changed when I “upgraded” to iOS 13.3.1.

I just checked the controller with my iPhone X running iOS 13.3.1 and the controller was functional. Make sure you connect inside the Breeze app while in Controller Task mode. If you connect in the phone’s Bluetooth settings it will fail to connect while in Breeze Cam.

Surprise! False alarm! Or whatever. After letting the Breeze Controller sit for a few days, unpowered, I fired it up again today. Connected the first time. Powered down the controller and turned it on again. Connected a second time. I used the same steps I used before, and always have - first ensuring that my Bluetooth function is indeed ON, then pairing the controller using the Controller icon in the Breeze Task window.

Unlike a few days ago, my Breeze Controller is having no problem with binding with my iPhone X (iOS 13.3.3).

Strange, but I'll take it!

can the breeze app work using the Bluetooth controller with Samsung Note 10+?

can the breeze app work using the Bluetooth controller with Samsung Note 10+?
The controller should work fine with the Note 10+. Be sure to only connect it inside the BreezeCam app. If you set it up in the Android Bluetooth menu it will not work properly. Especially with Android place the phone in Airplane mode then enable WiFi and Bluetooth. If cellular is running WiFi takes a backseat on connectivity and the Breeze times out before connection can be made. Both Android and iOS are getting more insistent about being connected to the internet all the time. It is better to use airplane mode for another reason too, it stops you from getting calls and text while your flying.

I’ve seen several posts dealing with the G3 controller not controlling the camera gimbal or wondering where the update is located.

The following link will take you to the download on the Yuneec Skins website. Unzip the file and read the pdf file for the instructions. You may have to tell Windows to allow the exe file to run. Updating will only take a few seconds. When complete, connect using the BreezeCam app and select the Controller option. You can test the camera gimbal control using the upper left d-pad up/down.

I have also attached the File to this post as Breeze_Controller_Update.zip and just the executable file named as BCU.txt (rename the extension txt to exe).

Hope this helps those looking for a solution to the camera control problem.

IMPORTANT!
The included instructions say to start the update program, hold R1 and A with the controller powered off, wait 2 seconds, connect to the computer via USB, then click the update button, wait for update complete, then release R1 and A simultaneously.

The instructions should be modified to read as follows:

1. Start the Breeze Control Update.exe (allow Windows to run the program).
2. With the controller powered off, depress R1 and A and continue holding them until update is complete (in step 6).
3. Wait 2 seconds then connect to the computer via USB cable.
4. A Windows message will appear about setting up equipment, wait until you get a message saying setup is complete.
5. After the setup complete message from Windows, click the Update button in the updater program. A progress bar will appear.
6. Once the progress bar is full, you will get an update complete.Now simultaneously release R1 and A.

7. Start the controller for the mode to match the device you fly the Breeze with (iOS or Android).

##########################################################################
If you find this version doesn't work for some reason, I'm attaching the older version from Yuneec.
##########################################################################

Use this information only if the old updater fails for missing dll files. Use the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit system.

I’m updating this thread with some information that came up after the original posting. The updater for the controller was developed using C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio as a 32 bit program. Several people as well as myself on a different computer have had the updates fail with missing dll files. To correct this, download and install the following redistributable package from Microsoft, then run the updates for the controller.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Hello DoomMeister,
I messaged you about the abovementioned attempt of using the file. Please reply when you can.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval