Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze GONE CRAZYYYY!!!! Mind of its own !

Has anything similiar happened to you ??

• yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • no

• my drone is possessed

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was flying this little guy and it came to a forceful landing and after that, it made a beep sound and just shot up and darted towards me with little kids nearby I had to stop it with my hand. It ended up slicing me up on 4 different parts of my hand!on WTH ?? this thing has been acting weird from day one.. it was calibrated and good lighting.

I emailed Yuneec and messaged them on facebook.

Were you flying indoors?

If so, was GPS enabled or disabled?

What mode were you flying in?

Where was the compass calibration performed?

I’m not sure what you mean by a hard landing, the Breeze can only land by actuating Land or Home buttons.

I don’t understand why you would fly it near anyone, much less children, if it has been acting weird since day one. If that is the case, you should have contacted Yuneec Customer Support from the beginning.

Last edited:
GPS disabled , it doesn’t say anything about not flying indoors . I activated the The actuated land button , I have a video of it. I’m not the only one who had there breeze drone behave this way. I don’t wine about things from the beginning and the children were walking in to the establishment.

The compass calibration was performed In the same place before flying. Bright lighting and wood floors

It might be the WiFi disconnected while flying indoors causing the drone to go wild.
My outdoors experience was my Samsung Note2 got its WiFi disconnected then the Return to Home sequence started. I had no control over the drone. It finished the RTH. Luckily the drone landed a few feet off the gazebo. The take off point was in the middle of the grass yard with some trees.
Few days ago, from some post, I found out that I should put the Note2 to airplane mode, turn airplane mode back on, disable all WiFi setting that could cause the Note2 to scan to connect to any other available WiFi node. Such actions made the Note2 work so much better. No more WiFi disconnection.

I suspected the WiFi disconnection in the OP's case. Because of flying indoors (WiFi only, no GPS), the drone landed instead of RTH. It landed on some surface that's not "proper", no fail safe, it just took off and he had to stop it with his hand, it's the only way to protect other people.

I never flew indoors since I bought my first Breeze 2 years ago, it's just too risky for my furniture and my HDTV. FAA's guidelines also emphasized on no flying near or over people when outdoors.

The Breeze is designed to be flown indoors. GPS should be disabled as you did and the lighting sounds fine. I did not accuse you of whining, just trying to establish conditions that may have contributed to the failure of your Breeze.

It sounds like your Breeze may have entered what is known as a TBE (toilet bowl effect). Many makes and models of sUAS get this compass failure.

The compass calibration should always be performed outdoors away from buildings, roadways, electrical service lines, and metal objects. A hard impact with something can also possibly dislodge the compass from its mount. If that occurs the craft can think it is oriented different than it is, and the flight control gets confused and causes erratic flight.

You should contact Yuneec Customer Support and report this incident. It does not sound like normal behavior for the Breeze. You can post a link to the video here if you like.

Have you called Yuneec CS or used the online chat function to contact them? They seldom answer an email and if they do it’s weeks later.

Did they respond to your Facebook message?

Try yuneec.com/support and use the option to schedule a support phone call at a time convenient for you.

I used it last week and was contacted within one minute of the scheduled time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss