Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze II

Reaction score
So again with heavy heart I inform you that Breeze II is dead........

There is some good news.

There is instead a new quad coming.
Foldable arms, maybe something about speech......

All will be revealed on Wednesday Night.;)
Pictures, product release notes.

##Admins you will have to create a new top level Directory## :D

Reactions: zandoli
Robust Travel Drone With Voice Control
– Yuneec Presents Mantis Q
Brisbane Australia, August 09, 2018 – With the Mantis Q, Yuneec presents a compact and robust travel drone that can do more than just capture beautiful moments as unique pictures and 4K videos. The Mantis Q is guaranteed to be good fun thanks to its innovative voice control, rapid Sport Mode, long flight time, automatic flight modes, practical face recognition, and integrated Social Sharing Function. Designed to be an uncomplicated travel companion that can be taken anywhere, it is ideal for outdoorsy people, gadget lovers, and adrenaline junkies.
Intuitive voice control and facial recognition
The Mantis Q is Yuneec’s first camera drone that can be controlled intuitively by voice command. Whether for taking off, landing, or recording photos and videos, the small quad copter listens for its instructions. The Mantis Q also comes with a facial recognition feature, thus guaranteeing great selfies and videos.
Long flight time thanks to energy-efficient design
Thanks to its energy-efficient design, the handy quad copter can stay in the air for up to 33 minutes, thus affording its pilot plenty of time to record great photos and video clips. When folded together, the Mantis Q measures just 168 x 96 x 58 mm and weighs less than 500 g. It’s the ideal companion for big and small adventures alike.
Fast-paced fun while flying
If you want to have some racing fun, use the drone’s zippy Sport Mode. It takes it up to a maximum speed of 72 km/h – and that’s all while flying with the agility of a real racer. The live image can be viewed with a latency of less than 200 ms on a smartphone which is connected to the remote control.
Divisible photo and video recordings
The Mantis Q records photos and videos with the integrated camera. Using the remote control, the camera can be tilted upwards by up to 20 degrees or downwards by 90 degrees during flight.
Pictures with a resolution of 4800×2700 (16:9) or 4160x3120 (4:3) pixels are saved in JPEG or DNG format on the included MicroSD card; the same goes for up to 4K of recorded videos. In up to Full HD (1920x1080), they are electronically stabilized live and within the system via three axes. The electronic image stabilization (EIS) is energy-efficient, solid, and does not require fragile mechanics. For cinematic camera flights, the Mantis Q also comes with automatic flight modes such as Journey or Orbit Me. A practical Social Sharing Function is also included, thus allowing users to post photos and videos directly from the app to social networks.
Intuitive control
The Mantis Q is controlled by the included controller that transmits the video and control signal from up to 800 meters away (CE compliance; 1.5 km for FCC). Since the drone can maintain its position and altitude independently, even without prior training, the Mantis Q is easy and intuitive to fly. In addition, the drone’s flight range can be limited with the help of a virtual fence. Thanks to precise GPS and IPS ultrasound sensors, the Mantis Q can be flown both indoors and outdoors.
Reliable software and data security
The Mantis Q software is based on open source PX4 code, which is known for its stability and reliability. In addition, integrated No Fly Zones prevent the copter from flying into protected areas around international airports. Like all Yuneec drones, the Mantis Q does not transfer any video, photo, or telemetry data to external servers.
Price and availability
The Mantis Q comes with a standard setup that includes a remote control, a battery, spare propellers, and a serial triple charger. It has a retail price of AU$750. The Mantis Q Value pack is also available. In addition to the drone and controller, it includes three batteries and two sets of spare propellers. It also comes in a small, practical photo bag. The RRP or the Mantis Q Value pack is AU$950. Both versions of the Mantis Q are now available in stores.
You can find more details here: www.yuneec.com.
About Yuneec International Co. Ltd.
Founded in 1999, Yuneec is a global leader in electric aviation. Its passion for innovation is deeply rooted in the company and is reflected in hundreds of patents. The core technologies of Yuneec include manned aircraft, remote controlled model aircraft and drones for commercial and private use. Yuneec has branches in North America, Europe and Asia, producing over one million products a year for a broad customer base. From the Typhoon series for the enthusiast and the Breeze series for the consumer to the H520 platform for commercial applications: Yuneec continues to work on innovations that enable every pilot to perform aerial photography and data collection, regardless of their previous flight experience.
For further information, please contact: Haydn Gerken from Mountain View Enterprises 0410584575
Watch the product video here.

Im happy if you move this to the new section and delete the first couple of posts and this post.

No gimbal? 750 AUD? What are they smoking.

Built in NFZ isn't a feature either.
200ms lag on video isn't a selling point either.

20 ms lag would be much more acceptable.

This is a Spark Competitor. Not Medic

US$499 and $649 I think.
2 extra batteries bag and extra props(2sets)

US$499 and $649 I think.
2 extra batteries bag and extra props(2sets)
That seems like a tough sell. It is foldable vs spark, but the spark can be had cheaper, and a better brand.
Longer flight time and seemingly smaller are points in the favor of yuneec.

Reactions: Haydn
It requires a phone. U can go 800 to 1500m depending on country
What good does extended range make when the app works only episodically? Does your phone app work consistently?? Mine doesn’t even make it a pattern of functioning. I will withhold judgement but it really, really needs to work CONSISTENTLY. Its just embarrassing...!

Reactions: ridder1
What good does extended range make when the app works only episodically? Does your phone app work consistently?? Mine doesn’t even make it a pattern of functioning. I will withhold judgement but it really, really needs to work CONSISTENTLY. Its just embarrassing...!
I'm still waiting for our stock.:(
I saw that there is a new upgrade so maybe that has fixed your issues.

Well yuneec doesnt have the breeze up on its home page anymore and reading/watching reviews it's obvious that this is the breeze replacement. It's really surprising that the camera doesnt appear to be any better than the breeze and has the same nonstabilized 4k with the lower resolutions being digitally stabilized.
It is impressive for range, flight time and speed but in all the reviews I've seen the nod goes to the spark if better video is what you are after.

I think the price point should have been around the $400 mark. People are talking about the upgraded model that's rumored to be coming soon that will have a mechanical gimbal and if that's true they would likely sell a vast quantity for $500 as it should trump the sparks fly more package which would be about the same price. I honestly think yuneec price is what's killing the deal here and if you read the comments that come after the reviews it's what is holding them back. Keep seeing the comment that no one should be selling without a mechanical gimbal past the $300 mark.
Whatever way you see it the breeze at $150 with controller is by far the best overall drone still until you get up into that $300 plus range buying new in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430