Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze IR Sensor

Reaction score
Infrared Range Sensor problem, I need help if one of you have the same issue and the solution. Thanks!

I have sent My to costumers support and they said it was all ok. Probably resetting the firmware the problem will be fixed, don't know

So I am on my second Breeze and it has this issue right out of the box. After googling and finding nothing I decided to pen the bottom up. After removing the bottom casing I immediately found that the 2 small board that the IRS are on were not soldered fully and was loose. I put the battery in and physically pushed the board down to make the connection and it worked. Now I need to learn how to solder that small! So in this case I can fix it, I hope it is just as easy for you all also. I can post photos if you need them.

Yes, please post a photo or two. This seems a very common defect. I almost crashed into people at an indoor flying event twice last night because of these sensor issues. Only because I am a somewhat skilled LOS RC pilot and had a little luck on my side, no one was injured. Could have easily gone another way, and someone would be suing Yuneec today. You would think the company would be on top of this!

Reactions: DuctPad
Yes, please post a photo or two. This seems a very common defect. I almost crashed into people at an indoor flying event twice last night because of these sensor issues. Only because I am a somewhat skilled LOS RC pilot and had a little luck on my side, no one was injured. Could have easily gone another way, and someone would be suing Yuneec today. You would think the company would be on top of this!
The red arrow shows how it came. Those are the connections that were not soldered fully.
bb30989165685b2ac5963392f52b83a2.jpg
1084a9422a83bcad4a43c1f4f5f8c1bf.jpg
9dd0a96534ee63a9c4788344774bb28d.jpg
6a60d110a6bf26969d38c26e90ba2831.jpg

Reactions: Samueluninet
@DuctPad: I admire your daring approach. SMD soldering requires a lot of skill and special tools and sharp eyes.

Judging by your photos I would call it a poor design to piggypack a subboard by a SMD connection. Taking into consideration vibrations and mechanical stress by shock I'd rather say it is a faulty design where a loss of the drone is to be expected rather sooner than later.

SMD soldering especially when massproduced in certain assembly lines is known to be extra sensitive to mechanical stress. On the other hand it is a problem of cause and effect: Yuneec could argue that the broken connection was the result of the crash. Unless the IRS failure does not show up in the logs before disaster stroke it would be hard to tell.

@DuctPad: I admire your daring approach. SMD soldering requires a lot of skill and special tools and sharp eyes.

Judging by your photos I would call it a poor design to piggypack a subboard by a SMD connection. Taking into consideration vibrations and mechanical stress by shock I'd rather say it is a faulty design where a loss of the drone is to be expected rather sooner than later.

SMD soldering especially when massproduced in certain assembly lines is known to be extra sensitive to mechanical stress. On the other hand it is a problem of cause and effect: Yuneec could argue that the broken connection was the result of the crash. Unless the IRS failure does not show up in the logs before disaster stroke it would be hard to tell.

Yes, I am carefully weighing my options here. This is a pleasure drone rather than a work one so I am not pressed for time. Not sure if it keeps internal logs on flight time, because if it does they would only have to check that to see it has never left the ground on its own.

Dear moderator, I am experiencing a problem regarding IRS (yellow coloured). Infact , the sensor glass was broken few months back and I have recently replaced it with a locally arranged glass which is fixed before two sensors. Now if I slide to proceed, it does not fly and stops it immediately after few rotation of the rotors. The warning also turns on. Can you please provide me a solution? How can I get rid of this problem???? Regards

Purchase a new bottom cover that has the proper filtered glass for the IRS.

Hi, I have the same problem with the IRS and also my breeze doesn't calibrate (calibration failed). Any comment ? Any relationship between the calibration process and the IR sensor ?

If you are within the return period at place of purchase, exchange it.

Otherwise contact Yuneec Customer Support and get it repaired/replaced under warranty.

The IRS has nothing to do with the calibration.

Hello,
I'm new here and just bought a Breeze.

It seems that we can avoid this problem by putting a dab of silicone on the IRS sensor so it stays put. What do you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt