Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze lands on water?

Reaction score
Hi Breeze users,

I'm going to sailing and before I kill my Breeze it seems better to ask you, may anyone has an experience about it. What if I take off from a boat when the boat is slowly going ? So if I push RTH/wifi signal losts, at the take off position will be only the water because the boat will be at new position. Does it tries to 'land' into the water or the sensor recognise it and stop landing?
If it tries, does anyone has solution to this? For example set up a hovering height to RTH instead of landing or set the phone's position to RTH instead of take off position?

I have not tried this yet with my breeze but from what I understand the sensors would not differentiate between water or the deck of a boat and the breeze would indeed land in the water on return home. What you are describing you want to do is a bit risky but I suppose if you kept in good wifi range a skilled pilot could just fly to the moving platform (the boat your on) and rather than return to home just hit the land button. The boat should be moving very slowly to make that manuever safe. I'd love to hear some other opinions on this though in case I am over thinking this. I have thought about taking the breeze on kayak trips but have refrained due to the scenario we are talking about here.

I have not tried this yet with my breeze but from what I understand the sensors would not differentiate between water or the deck of a boat and the breeze would indeed land in the water on return home. What you are describing you want to do is a bit risky but I suppose if you kept in good wifi range a skilled pilot could just fly to the moving platform (the boat your on) and rather than return to home just hit the land button. The boat should be moving very slowly to make that manuever safe. I'd love to hear some other opinions on this though in case I am over thinking this. I have thought about taking the breeze on kayak trips but have refrained due to the scenario we are talking about here.

Thanks for your thoughts, I have the same conclusion like you. For first sight it's the only way to land on the boat how you said in pilot mode. Anyway it's hard to use it on a boat, because the boat is also moving while it is on anchor. I have to be careful :D
About kayak trip not you are the first... just think about the official commercial of breeze, there is a some different 'stories' or life situations, just like the kayaking or family lunch, hiking, etc... and all of it has been showed from the take off through different modes to landing except the 'kayaking story', there wasn't showed how it's landed :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval