Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Life Expectancy is?

Reaction score
I'm a noob Breeze owner, my first drone. While I've only had the bird for a month, I flat-out love it. This little
drone fulfills my video needs perfectly. With that in mind, and knowing that at $149 (with controller) I'm expecting
that the Breeze is soon to be discontinued and no longer available. I'm wondering if I should buy another while
there are still some available, or wait for a replacement model? I wonder what Yuneec will come up with as a replacement
if any.

And back to the main question - How long before my Breeze comes to a natural death and stops functioning? I know
the answer will vary by how often one flies, but any general feedback on your Breeze and how many flights you've had
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

It should las t a long time as long as you don’t hit a tree lol
I think the batteries will be the problem care in charging them and not letting them discharge way down is the secret there
Good luck flying

I think the batteries will be the problem care in charging them and not letting them discharge way down is the secret there
Good luck flying

I bought 2 spare batteries, so with the three of 'em I'm good to go. I read too that it's not good to run your battery down past 30%, so I'm watching for that, and swapping out battery when needed. Thanks for your note - hope to keep the Breeze flying!

It should last a long time as long as you don’t hit a tree lol
Mine decided to take a dip in a waterfall on it's own. Took a fully charged battery with it. I had it for about 4 months. I plan to get another one though. Great drone.

I would agree that the batteries will become the limiting factor in most cases. The OEM batteries still seem to be the best option at this point. Those with third party batteries are still experiencing similar flight times even with higher mAh battery ratings (more info on why in several other posts).

The Breeze replacement is the Mantis Q. If you check most places you will find that the price of the Breeze has been raised back close to the $350 to $400 range w/o the controller and w/ 2 batteries.

There are rumors of a Mantis Q being released with a built in 3 axis camera gimbal. No time frame as yet nor price point.

Good luck flying
Well there is a trick to bring them back if you happen to get the dreaded blue light in the charger but it has to be done very carefully! I ve done it once with mine.
Happy flying

I bought 2 spare batteries, so with the three of 'em I'm good to go. I read too that it's not good to run your battery down past 30%, so I'm watching for that, and swapping out battery when needed. Thanks for your note - hope to keep the Breeze flying!

You must have been reading some of my threads. I tend to fly to 30% then head back to land and rarely reach the low battery warning at 20%. I did a lot of flying over water and restricted to human access areas while in Florida this past winter. I was therefore quite conservative in battery management.

It seems to pay off as my batteries are not showing signs of energy loss. I’m getting flight times that compare to when they were brand new.

Reactions: robbie2
Life expectancy of major brand consumer drones that initially functioned correctly is usually related to impact events, user uploaded firmware changes, or when batteries are no longer available. Few actually get worn out. They either hit something, become bricked through user error, or the batteries stop being made.

Reactions: robbie2
Well there is a trick to bring them back if you happen to get the dreaded blue light in the charger but it has to be done very carefully! I ve done it once with mine.
Happy flying
The most solid approach would be to get yourself a small hobby grade charger -- IMAX B6-style -- and an adapter cable for the Breeze batteries. The latter are surprisingly expensive, but that combination allows you to put the batteries to storage voltage when not in use, and to recharge quicker than with the original charger if needed. Although I believe that the original charger is not need at all - it is just lacking that 'storage charge' switch.

I've got a bunch of the original chargers and they all work fine. I always check my batteries to make sure they are actually balanced.
I am however looking into other universal chargers as I'm accumulating a lot of different drones. From what I've read there are a lot of fake B6 chargers out there so buyer beware....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430