Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Not Starting Using Controller

MDR

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Breeze which came with controller. I'm able to connect my iphone to the controller and then to the Breeze. However, when I press the "Start" button, I do not have the 3,2,1 countdown and nothing happens.

We have been able to fly the drone with iphone but it's difficult to see the screen when it's bright outside, especially under the Arizona sun which is why we wanted to be able to control with the controller.

I already saw the thread about updating firmware on the controller, which I've tried to update but still not sure if I was successful updating the controller firmware. My husband used his ipad to connect to the controller and Breeze, was able to get the countdown but still unable to start the Breeze.

We're also having issues seeing our photos in the image gallery. We have to physically connect the USB cable to the Breeze and download the image even though I have allowed the app to save to my photos. So frustrated because we bought the drone to take with us on vacation coming up. :(

Are there any members in Phoenix, Scottsdale area that could help? Thanks!

Have you powered on the controller by holding the Power +Y to place it in iOS mode? Also you have to hold Start until it begins the count and not release until the Breeze powers up.

To test the firmware update for the controller, connect via WiFi, start Breeze Cam, go to Controller mode in Tasks, Slide to Proceed, wait for the controller to connect, then Experience Now. At this point used the d-pad on the left to lower and raise the camera angle. If that is working the firmware update was successful.

For the Gallery to work you must be connected via WiFi. Videos will have a down pointing arrow you click then select the full version. Photos will have a different icon that you touch and they will download. When you do this they should also save to the Photo app of the phone.

Always backup your photos and videos to the PC also. The phone memory can fill up fast especially shooting video. If the Gallery starts using too much memory on the phone use the select on the upper right in the Gallery and delete the ones you wish to to regain phone memory.

When the Breeze memory starts getting low, backup all to your PC via USB cable, then connect via WiFi to your phone, go to Camera settings, swipe to the last page and use the format Breeze memory button. NEVER USE THE PC TO FORMAT THE BREEZE MEMORY!!!!! It can brick your Breeze and replacing the A9 board is almost as much or more than you paid for the Breeze.

Last edited:
To test the firmware update for the controller, connect via WiFi, start Breeze Cam, go to Controller mode in Tasks, Slide to Proceed, wait for the controller to connect, then Experience Now. At this point used the d-pad on the left to lower and raise the camera angle. If that is working the firmware update was successful.

Doesn't look like the d-pad is lowering and raising the camera. I'm not sure if my update was done correctly. :( I even followed a video showing how to update the firmware and also downloaded the Microsoft link. I was still a bit confused by the instructions.

For the Gallery to work you must be connected via WiFi. Videos will have a down pointing arrow you click then select the full version. Photos will have a different icon that you touch and they will download. When you do this they should also save to the Photo app of the phone.

Always backup your photos and videos to the PC also. The phone memory can fill up fast especially shooting video. If the Gallery starts using too much memory on the phone use the select on the upper right in the Gallery and delete the ones you wish to to regain phone memory.

When the Breeze memory starts getting low, backup all to your PC via USB cable, then connect via WiFi to your phone, go to Camera settings, swipe to the last page and use the format Breeze memory button. NEVER USE THE PC TO FORMAT THE BREEZE MEMORY!!!!! It can brick your Breeze and replacing the A9 board is almost as much or more than you paid for the Breeze.

Thanks! I didn't realize that I had to connect to Breeze in order to view gallery, which made complete sense! :D

Doesn't look like the d-pad is lowering and raising the camera. I'm not sure if my update was done correctly. :( I even followed a video showing how to update the firmware and also downloaded the Microsoft link. I was still a bit confused by the instructions.

Refer to this thread and go to the area dated 07/07/18 and read the procedure there. It should work for you. Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018

Which iPhone are you using? iPhones 7 and lower will not save a 4K video to the Photo app. I think 8 and above are able to do so. My iPhone 7 can take its own 4K video, but Breeze Cam will not save its 4K videos to my Photo app.

Which iPhone are you using? iPhones 7 and lower will not save a 4K video to the Photo app. I think 8 and above are able to do so. My iPhone 7 can take its own 4K video, but Breeze Cam will not save its 4K videos to my Photo app.

I have iPhone 8.

Refer to this thread and go to the area dated 07/07/18 and read the procedure there. It should work for you. Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018

I did follow the instructions on the thread above, but I never got message about setting up equipment nor did I see a progress bar. I only saw message that update was succesful.

Are you using the USB cable that came with the Breeze?

Also try using a different USB port on your PC. Some have had trouble using USB v3 ports especially the ones that allow higher charging rates for peripherals.

Are you using the USB cable that came with the Breeze?

Also try using a different USB port on your PC. Some have had trouble using USB v3 ports especially the ones that allow higher charging rates for peripherals.

Yes, I did use the cable came with Breeze, also tried another longer USB cable as the one that came with Breeze was quite short and difficult to reach the usb port on my PC.

Are you able to get the Breeze to takeoff yet?

Start calling at 8AM Pacific time, and keep trying until about 8:20AM. If you are both at home have one of you try using the Live Chat on their website at the same time.

http://yuneec.com/support and choose Speak to a Pro Live Chat option. Same thing about repeatedly trying.

Are you connecting the controller in the phone’s Bluetooth settings or in the Breeze Cam app in Controller mode. Always make the connection in the Breeze Cam app.

Just remembered some other iPhone 8 users had to put the phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth to get things to work correctly. It will be one of the first things Yuneec Customer Support will have you attempt.

Also go into Bluetooth settings on your phone and delete all references to GameSir controllers, then only connect thru the Breeze Cam app.

Last edited:
Start calling at 8AM Pacific time, and keep trying until about 8:20AM. If you are both at home have one of you try using the Live Chat on their website at the same time.

http://yuneec.com/support and choose Speak to a Pro Live Chat option. Same thing about repeatedly trying.

I just had some time to call, they actually set an appointment to have someone call me tomorrow morning to walk through connecting the controller. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I dont think you are actually connecting your controller. If its connected you will feel a vibration thru it. You MUST choose controller in the app to use the controller. First you connect to the breeze then select controller mode which is all the way to the right. Turn on the controller. If it's set for ios the second led on the controller from the left will be blinking/on. The controller comes with the first light light which is android.
Anyways if the controller shakes you are connected. It connects blutooth so if you are not connecting make sure you enable bluetooth.
If you pull in the bottom right trigger the controller function will pop up on your screen.
When you power up the controller which light is blinking? I've got 6 or 7 of them and have never had an issue.
When I updated all of them they update the same way you.mentioned. I've never seen the bar go across. It takes like 30 seconds or so and just says update successful even though it looks like nothing happened. This is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!! I've NEVER had one update they way they describe but the procedure works anyways.

Last edited:
I dont think you are actually connecting your controller. If its connected you will feel a vibration thru it. You MUST choose controller in the app to use the controller. First you connect to the breeze then select controller mode which is all the way to the right. Turn on the controller. If it's set for ios the second led on the controller from the left will be blinking/on. The controller comes with the first light light which is android.
Anyways if the controller shakes you are connected. It connects blutooth so if you are not connecting make sure you enable bluetooth.
If you pull in the bottom right trigger the controller function will pop up on your screen.
When you power up the controller which light is blinking? I've got 6 or 7 of them and have never had an issue.
When I updated all of them they update the same way you.mentioned. I've never seen the bar go across. It takes like 30 seconds or so and just says update successful even though it looks like nothing happened. This is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!! I've NEVER had one update they way they describe but the procedure works anyways.

Mine did vibrate and I see the 3,2,1 countdown after pressing the start button and I continue to press the start button even after 1...but drone doesn't start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis