Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze starts revving up the rotors at highest speed and shoots up uncontrollably

Reaction score
Not sure what happens with my Breeze. When I started it the other day outdoor it shot up in the sky uncontrollably. The controller was of no help. At some point, it lost connection and then I saw it falling from the sky and landing on my neighbor's lawn in pieces. I managed to put it back together (replaced one rotor) and started indoor this time. The Breeze started again revving up at the highest speed and shot up again into my ceiling which got scored pretty badly. I had to reach up to grab it and stopped it from the button.
Does anybody have any clue as to why this behavior happens? Any possible fixes? Thanks in advance

Are you getting a takeoff error when this happens?

It sounds as if there is a problem with the IRS system. When you are connected with the Breeze enter Task mode so the Status indicators appear at the top right. The IRS sensor should be yellow when on the ground. Now lift the Breeze slowly. The IRS sensor should turn blue when it’s 18 to 24 inches off the ground. If it remains yellow beyond that point it is defective and will cause the condition you describe.

Last edited:
Thanks DoomMeister! It is the IRS sensor! I guess I panicked and started posting on the forums rather than checking the obvious which is the sensor icons in the top right. Is there any DIY fix or I need to contact Yuneec support?
Edit: I forgot one detail: the original sensor glass got broken and I replaced it with a plastic one from a cheap flashlight. Could that be the issue?

Last edited:
That is the problem. The plastic reflects too much of the IR signal back into the sensor half. Purchase a new bottom housing that contains the proper glass. It is multi coated to allow IR to pass and very little of the other wavelengths of light, giving a better signal to noise ratio for the sensor.

If you look at the original filter glass it has a black mask that separates the transmitter and sensor portions of the IRS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio