Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze wifi

Reaction score
I can't connect the breeze to it's wifi. Is there a solution? Please

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

ZTE Z981 Wireless 802.11 bgn
Hi, I think you need 802.11 ac 5Ghz

IPhone 6S, IPhone 6, IPhone SE, IPhone S5, IPad (> Gen. 4), Samsung TAB S2, Samsung Galaxy S5-S7, Galaxy A5, LG V10, LG G5, Huawai P9 and P9 PLUS, Huawai Media Pad M2 10.0, M2 8.0, 10 Pro, 10 LTE, Sony XPERIA Z3

Reactions: DaveIn NH
I'm with wedbster. I think your phone needs to be able to connect to 5 GHz hotspot.

I have two phones - one that supports 5 GHz wifi and one that only supports 2.4 GHz wifi. The phone that supports 5 GHz connects to the Breeze without any problem, the other will not.

Does 802.11a work or does is have to be 802.11ac?

I am looking for a bigger screen (ipads and tablets).

My Galaxy S8 connects to the breeze sometimes but most times gives the internet may not be available error. Should I just return the Breeeze and get something else?

My Galaxy S8 connects to the breeze sometimes but most times gives the internet may not be available error. Should I just return the Breeeze and get something else?
Update: Exchanged the drone and the new one works fine.

I am a new Yuneec Breeze owner and I am already getting upset with my choice - really unpleasant customer experience. I have the drone for two weeks now and I am not able to fly it.

I have learned about the "5 ghz wifi" requirement only after purchasing the drone. Well obviously had to change the device - bought a Huawei MediaPad T3 7" and according to the device specification it supports the "5 ghz wifi" requirement.

Nevertheless, I still cannot pair the device and the drone.
-What could be the reason for that?
-How to solve the problem?

Thanks!

If your phone or tablet can't connect to the Breeze, add it to the list of incompatible phones/tablets.
My experience, after trying several phones, tablets that didn't WiFi connect or WiFi connect then dropped out, I found my old iPhone 5 and a fairly new cheap tablet that worked. Either one can be bought for $100 on eBay.
Need Tablet Info

I am a new Yuneec Breeze owner and I am already getting upset with my choice - really unpleasant customer experience. I have the drone for two weeks now and I am not able to fly it.

I have learned about the "5 ghz wifi" requirement only after purchasing the drone. Well obviously had to change the device - bought a Huawei MediaPad T3 7" and according to the device specification it supports the "5 ghz wifi" requirement.

Nevertheless, I still cannot pair the device and the drone.
-What could be the reason for that?
-How to solve the problem?

Thanks!

I just finished a chat with Huawei product support and the T3 7 only supports 802.11a/b/g/n and not 802.11ac. I think the Breeze uses 802.11ac.

Someone correct me if the Breeze is capable of 802.11a/n in the 5GHz band.

I just finished a chat with Huawei product support and the T3 7 only supports 802.11a/b/g/n and not 802.11ac. I think the Breeze uses 802.11ac.

It does depend on the firmware. Earlier versions (before 0.1.39 F) were capeable to connect to an 802.11 a/n mobile like the Sony Z1 Xperia. That were when only the lower channels (34-38 IIRC) were used. Later on when the higher channels - 802.11 ac - were utilized I had to take a Xperia Z3 to control my breeze. This has something to do with the weather radar as elaborated in some other thread. Another aspect to consider is the region of your firmware: What I described applies to the European (F) versions of the firmware. I have no information if the same is true in the firmware for other regions.

I have a support request in at Yuneec Support to try and get some definite answers to this debate. Hopefully we can get info on the modes that the Breeze uses. I also asked for the version of Bluetooth needed to work with the BreezeCam app and the G3 controller.

I hope to be able to put out a guide that the moderators can make a sticky at the head of the the Breeze Help forum.

... seems that could be a reasonable explanation. Thanks a lot!

... seems that could be a reasonable explanation. Thanks a lot!

Hope to be able to give a definite answer to what the WiFi requirements are for the Breeze after I get an answer from Yuneec Support.

Reactions: airborne
Hope to be able to give a definite answer to what the WiFi requirements are for the Breeze after I get an answer from Yuneec Support.
Great! And while you are at it may I ask you to find out the regional differences btw. US and EU. The regulations differ greatly regarding TX power and channel settings. Yuneec support MUST know about this and I can't understand why they do not make a concise statement about that matter.

I plan to do that Airborne. I know from posts on the forum that a lot of you in Europe have trouble connecting to the upper 5G channels, and Yuneec put out firmware for the Euro market to start with the lower 5G channels.

I agree that Yuneec would be much farther ahead to publish this info openly on their websites so customers could make informed decisions. Hope to be able to let everyone know soon. It took them 3 weeks to assign someone to my last support request and one day to answer it.

So, I get myself a dual band, 5ghz compatible phone... then what's the thing like? Handling? RTH work well? I'm like the guy above: I didn't find out about the glitch until it was too late, I had already bought it. And I really got too good a deal on it to return it . However, I haven't flown a brushless yet and kind of excited about it. $99 at Walmart today.

I have ordered the yuneec breeze from Walmart as well and I live in the UK with a HTC ONE M8 which has dual band wifi 5 ghz bought in UK. I am not sure if it will work here due to the wifi signal range. Anyone have any ideas if the yuneec breeze will connect and will work?

I have ordered the yuneec breeze from Walmart as well and I live in the UK with a HTC ONE M8 which has dual band wifi 5 ghz bought in UK. I am not sure if it will work here due to the wifi signal range. Anyone have any ideas if the yuneec breeze will connect and will work?

Looking at the specs for the HTC ONE M8, shows that it supports 802.11ac so it should work with the Breeze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33