Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze will not power motors

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for some input on a breeze that I just bought from someone used but was told it works just fine. When I hook up my phone and the app and connect to Wi-Fi power up the Drone and use the app on the phone and tell it to take off I can swipe to take off tab to the right but my Motors never turn on or do anything. This was my first yuneec product so I don't know much about it yet. Currently fly a phantom 3 Pro and then just pick this one up. Thanks in advance for any assistance

Hello, I'm looking for some input on a breeze that I just bought from someone used but was told it works just fine. When I hook up my phone and the app and connect to Wi-Fi power up the Drone and use the app on the phone and tell it to take off I can swipe to take off tab to the right but my Motors never turn on or do anything. This was my first yuneec product so I don't know much about it yet. Currently fly a phantom 3 Pro and then just pick this one up. Thanks in advance for any assistance
Kinda fill us in what phone you use Make and model please. And are you placeing the phone in Airplane mode what Lights are showing when you power up the Drone?

Kinda fill us in what phone you use Make and model please. And are you placeing the phone in Airplane mode what Lights are showing when you power up the Drone?
Thanks
I am using an LG V30+
I did not place the phone in airplane mode; I did not see where that was required. Based on the FAQ's when it was asked what happens if you received a call while in flight, it seemed that it was intended to work in normal mode. That said, I would be happy to try!

Refer to this thread to help isolate where your problem may be How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum.

data2000 is right in suggesting you place your Android device in airplane mode. Due to the wide hardware variations that use Android, eliminating cellular and just enabling WiFi removes a lot of problems. With the age of the Breeze Cam app, this is happening with the newer iOS devices also.

Lastly, how close are you to a towered airport? An NFZ can ground the Breeze, but you should get a warning in the Breeze Cam app.

I will try airplane mode today. I am not close to any airport. I fly my Phantom around my house frequently and use DJI Go, Kitty Hawk, and Airmaps with that so I know there aren't even any small municipal airports near me.

Hope you didn’t buy a bad Breeze. Once you are connected to the Breeze, take a screenshot and post it here using the Attach files button just left of Post Reply. I’m curious what the Status indicators on the top right are showing.

If you are running Android 8 (Oreo), trying resetting the phone , then use airplane mode, enable WiFi, then connect to the Breeze, and then start Breeze Cam.

Last edited:
I had the same issues with my new breeze when trying to fly with android. Have switched over to iPhone XS now and so far none of the same issues.

Okay, I looked into this a little more yesterday and tried turning the phone on airplane mode and then also use my work phone which is a different Android phone. What I finally realized it said I'm getting an IRS error. Not sure if there's any known fixes for that but any input would be much appreciated. Thank you

Are you indoors? If you are you need more light.

What do you see when you select the I function.
Post your client, FCV, Esc and Camera versions. Normal updated are:
2.04(A)
Airplane mode is an absolute must for some android phones. My note 8 will not connect properly unless I first turn it on and then wait from 10-30 seconds once 8 turn my wifi back on yo get the signal to connect. I had to call yuneec up to find this out. It's really weird because the phone tells you after you are connected that there are issues with the connection even though it's actually connected like it should be.
IR error might be because a common issue is either the area its pointing at is too dark or the 4 pin solder connection to the main board is broken. Shine a light into the larger tinted glass piece and see if the error goes away. Hopefully it's not a main board issue.
IF you want someone to look at it for nothing I am in the process of repairing #9 and #10 from breeze parts drones I've bought on ebay. Doom and I are working on a complete repair guide with pics that we will eventually post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval