Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze with Galaxy s8 HK_EN model

Reaction score
Hi how's everyone?. I Doing some research before purchase my first drone Yuneec Breeze. Model from UK YUNFCAUK. Currently living in Ireland and have Samsung galaxy phone second hand previous owner was from China so phone made I Hong Kong. SM-950F model. Heard there is loads of issues with connection over wifi so would be nice to heard from someone is phone compatible before purchase. Well phone supports WiFi 2.4 and 5 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. Is there any chance my phone won't work toghether with yuneec breeze or is any other way to pair it with it I mean zyxel WiFi extender and connect thru WiFi 2.4ghz if WiFi 5ghz straight from breeze will fail.

Thanks

Hi! It would be useful for you to check what 5ghz channels your phone can work with. For example I have s7e exynos. And it has a troubles with high channels that Breeze does use. My phone can't see 124 and 136.
So, on the last firmware drone usually setups wifi AP on high channels - 112,124,136,148 (if I remember well). So two of them I can't connect to ;(
I bought Two bands wifi router and set the bridge from 5ghz to 2ghz. So, now I can connect to the drone and operation range also extended ;)

If your phone also can't see some high channels you should use drone with very beginning firmware 1.39E. In this case it will set wifi AP on lower channels, e.g. 36
And also it will boot faster

Hi! It would be useful for you to check what 5ghz channels your phone can work with. For example I have s7e exynos. And it has a troubles with high channels that Breeze does use. My phone can't see 124 and 136.
So, on the last firmware drone usually setups wifi AP on high channels - 112,124,136,148 (if I remember well). So two of them I can't connect to ;(
I bought Two bands wifi router and set the bridge from 5ghz to 2ghz. So, now I can connect to the drone and operation range also extended ;)

If your phone also can't see some high channels you should use drone with very beginning firmware 1.39E. In this case it will set wifi AP on lower channels, e.g. 36
And also it will boot faster
Thanks for good explained response, could you share which WiFi router you bought to swap from 5ghz to 2ghz thanks.

If your phone supports 802.11ac you should be fine. If you experience trouble with the latest European firmware use @AlligatoR ’s suggestion of the 1.39e firmware.

The ZyXEL repeater works great to boost signal to the Breeze and connects to the Breeze on 5.8GHz and the phone on either 5.8GHz or 2.4GHz. Setup can be found here How To: Setup the ZyXEL WRE-6606 for use with Breeze.

Reactions: AlligatoR
Thanks for good explained response, could you share which WiFi router you bought to swap from 5ghz to 2ghz thanks.
I use Netis WF2710 seen in one of the topics. It's cheap but works good ;) It requires 9v (usb 5v to 9v adapter).
I did more than 120m height and about the same in range with it (using modified app from neighbor topic) without any glitches and it could do even more! But battery isn't so powerful.

I also was flying with wifi repeater Comfast CF-WR371AC. It makes signal more stable, but can't work on both bands (2.4 and 5) simultaneously, so - no bridge, no latest firmware (in case of my phone).
But it's compact and works from 5v.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix