Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breze 4k motor issues

Reaction score
Bought the 4k in January and have logged in about 20 hours of flight time. Note.. never crashed it into anything. In late may had an issue that only 3 motors would start up. Went to Yuneec web site and a link said to go to Best Buy "Geek Squad" . The Geek squad sent it to their service center who intern notified me to reset my Ap and install a new set of blades on the unit. They returned the 4K to the store and when I picked it up I found all the blades removed including the mounts in a plastic bag with a note for me to read the manual or go onto youtube for instructions for reinstalling the Blades! WOW... This unit is under warrantee.

Called Yuneec in California who gave me a RA number and to send the unit to their service Center in Mo., The unit came in yesterday from them... What they sent me was not my 4k since mine had my FAA Decals on the body. The unit was wrapped like a new unit and came equipped like a brand new 4K including batteries and charger . The package did not have any packing slip as to why I was getting a new unit. When I opened the case up I found the following Three (3) of the blades had nicks in them and also some form of discoloring and the clam shell body of the drone had been taken apart and was not snapped fully closed.

I then tried to do some low flying start up to see how it would fly. I recalibrated the unit and set my minimum heights and distances. Noticed that when the unit was on the ground the alt showed it at 3 feet .. after about 60 seconds it did go to zero.. Started the unit and took it to about 10 feet off ground and tested the controls up, down. front, back lens rotate and everything seemed fine. Brought the unit back to in front of me and had it hover at about 6' off the ground and all of a sudden it started to lift of about 2 feet and it also went side to side by a few feet, I did not have my hands on any of the controls. I was not in control. lowered it to about 3 feet and pushed the land function on my controller, when it was about 12 " off the ground one of the motors stopped working and the unit dropped to the ground.

This was a replacement from the Service Dept. Same issue "Motor Issues". The unit is now in transit going back with a new RA Number to the service Dept.

Has anyone experienced this????

Bought the 4k in January and have logged in about 20 hours of flight time. Note.. never crashed it into anything. In late may had an issue that only 3 motors would start up. Went to Yuneec web site and a link said to go to Best Buy "Geek Squad" . The Geek squad sent it to their service center who intern notified me to reset my Ap and install a new set of blades on the unit. They returned the 4K to the store and when I picked it up I found all the blades removed including the mounts in a plastic bag with a note for me to read the manual or go onto youtube for instructions for reinstalling the Blades! WOW... This unit is under warrantee.

Called Yuneec in California who gave me a RA number and to send the unit to their service Center in Mo., The unit came in yesterday from them... What they sent me was not my 4k since mine had my FAA Decals on the body. The unit was wrapped like a new unit and came equipped like a brand new 4K including batteries and charger . The package did not have any packing slip as to why I was getting a new unit. When I opened the case up I found the following Three (3) of the blades had nicks in them and also some form of discoloring and the clam shell body of the drone had been taken apart and was not snapped fully closed.

I then tried to do some low flying start up to see how it would fly. I recalibrated the unit and set my minimum heights and distances. Noticed that when the unit was on the ground the alt showed it at 3 feet .. after about 60 seconds it did go to zero.. Started the unit and took it to about 10 feet off ground and tested the controls up, down. front, back lens rotate and everything seemed fine. Brought the unit back to in front of me and had it hover at about 6' off the ground and all of a sudden it started to lift of about 2 feet and it also went side to side by a few feet, I did not have my hands on any of the controls. I was not in control. lowered it to about 3 feet and pushed the land function on my controller, when it was about 12 " off the ground one of the motors stopped working and the unit dropped to the ground.

This was a replacement from the Service Dept. Same issue "Motor Issues". The unit is now in transit going back with a new RA Number to the service Dept.

Has anyone experienced this????

Just so you know from the start, YuneecPilots.com is privately owned and has no connection with Yuneec Ltd. It is a forum for Yuneec users to share knowledge and experiences and is not actively monitored by Yuneec. While complaints will fall on sympathetic ears, it is not likely to gain any attention at Yuneec Ltd.

Sounds like you have been on the service merry-go-round. What a shame.

I now know that I will never use Best Buy Geek Squad for any issue with a Yuneec product. Why the heck would they send it out to do repairs? I thought they repair stuff on site.

Sounds like KAV Service was not any better. When mine was sent to KAV in the beginning of May on an RMA, it sat in the warehousing facility for two weeks. I called at that time to check the status of the repair and found that it hadn’t even gone to a tech yet. Long story short, they ended up sending me a totally new unit.

I really wish Yuneec’s upper management would realize that their shoddy Customer Support system is going to undercut their business. They are understaffed and farming repair to a third party facility is difficult to keep a handle on workmanship.

Good luck this time around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss