Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bricked and Tried stickied method

Reaction score
I have the ST16S controller for the Typhoon H Plus and ran into the common issue of during the firmware update (through wifi, not SD) the system froze. After letting it sit for 2-3 hours I made the mistake of shutting it off.

Welp, now during boot I get the Yuneec logo and then the never ending flashing Yuneec Electric Aviation.

I have tried holding the center button, hitting the home button multiple times, no luck. Tried hooking it up to my computer to see if I could access the files, nothing.

I contacted customer service and they said I needed to bring it in. As an IT professional, not being able to fix this is agitating me.

Is there no simply way to factory reset or force reset the software?

Put the file Yuneec-App-Release.apk on an sd card and put it in the ST16. Turn it on and see if it will read and execute the file.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Tried that as well, but might not have the correct .apk. Could not find a way to download the .apk from the app store, so had to use a 3rd party site.

Tried that as well, but might not have the correct .apk. Could not find a way to download the .apk from the app store, so had to use a 3rd party site.
Did you use the method in the sticky?
I'll send you a PM with a link to the file.

Did you use the method in the sticky?
I'll send you a PM with a link to the file.

Yup, tried sticky with the files I had, but I don't even have the boot up with the constant app crashing, I can't get to the home screen at all. Also tried to .apk file you provided and no such luck.

If you tap rapidly 5 times the Advanced Menu will be available.

Where one might find advanced menu? I tried the menu button.

Turn on the st16s and constantly tap the center button or three icons that looks like a filing cabinet.

No problem. Glad, I could help...

I appreciate you trying, think I might just send it to them and let them figure it out. I'm at the point where hitting buttons for the past few hours I want to throw this thing against a wall.

I appreciate you trying, think I might just send it to them and let them figure it out. I'm at the point where hitting buttons for the past few hours I want to throw this thing against a wall.
Hi , had same problem, returned st16s to yuneec, they replaced the complete unit under warranty

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1