Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bricked It

Reaction score
Hey Gang, I attempted to remove the no-fly zone programming on my bird and it flew ok for about 3-5 mins and then I lost all control of it and I got lucky it landed safely. I tried to get it up again but now will not fly.

Typhoon Q500 4K
Symptoms:
- Red, Green, Blue tail light flashing for 5 seconds then white flashing for 5 seconds, it goes back and forth between those two sequences.
- Constant and consistent beeping after initializing
- Unpaired from transmitter
- When connected to the computer the Q500 program tells me the make sure the battery is installed when it is?

I called Yuneec and they don't know what the issue is and I rather not wait 4-5 weeks for repairs. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Sounds like it may be stuck in Accelerometer calibration mode and failing. See the chart on page 18 and 19 in the attached manual.

Attachments

• q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
When connected to the GUI do you have the Q500 powered on?

What is the file that the guy in the video has listed? I know it is to remove the no-fly zone but has anyone taken a look at it?

What is the file that the guy in the video has listed? I know it is to remove the no-fly zone but has anyone taken a look at it?
Wow, just noticed the file is gone...I'll have to find it on my laptop when I get a chance later today.

Wow, just noticed the file is gone...I'll have to find it on my laptop when I get a chance later today.
If you find it, send it to me in a PM and I will look at it. I am a bit nervous when it comes to someone saying "download MY file". I tried to use the video's link and download it but it only took me to a website for his business. No downloads.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
If memory serves me correctly the firmware to remove the NFZ is coded to the ID number of each aircraft. You give Yuneec the ID of your aircraft and the documents showing you have your 107 certification, PfCO, etc. and they send you a specially coded firmware for your aircraft.
For the OP I would suggest reloading the standard Yuneec firmware and see if proper functionality returns.

Reactions: cabinfourus
If memory serves me correctly the firmware to remove the NFZ is coded to the ID number of each aircraft. You give Yuneec the ID of your aircraft and the documents showing you have your 107 certification, PfCO, etc. and they send you a specially coded firmware for your aircraft.
For the OP I would suggest reloading the standard Yuneec firmware and see if proper functionality returns.
I agree with you. It sounds as if he has downloaded someone's attempt at modifying Yuneecs firmware causing his problems.

Yeah, Ill give that a shot, but what about the issue about it not fully recognizing it connected to my laptop? This would stop the installation of the firmware.

Alright guys, so after much trial and error, I've come to the conclusion that the bird isn't binding to the transmitter because it's out of calibration. I do get a red solid light after starting up that tells me initialization failed.

So to tackle the binding issue I have no idea what I should try to do, I've followed a few video guides with no luck.

Does the GUI connect well enough to use it?

If so, the "Sensor Information" screen will show the items checked during initialization. All should be green. It may help if you upload a screenshot of the page for us to review.

Do you need any help reloading the original firmware?

Does the GUI connect well enough to use it?

If so, the "Sensor Information" screen will show the items checked during initialization. All should be green. It may help if you upload a screenshot of the page for us to review.

Do you need any help reloading the original firmware?

I have firmware I have is from the Yuneec website.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 5.29.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 5.29.55 PM.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.35.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.35.26 PM.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.36.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.36.09 PM.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 10
Turns out I'm also using a 2S LIPO battery, with an aftermarket battery adapter. Hence the LOW BATTERY! warning...Not sure if that makes a difference? (Why 2S? Because I didnt pay attention to the original batteries specs)

Last edited:
Turns out I'm also using a 2S LIPO battery, with an aftermarket battery adapter. ...Not sure if that makes a difference?

I'm surprised it ever did anything on a 2S Battery.
No, a 2S battery is not going to work. The MAXIMUM voltage on a 2S is 8.4V. You will need to install a usable battery of the correct voltage and type before anything will work, or will even have meaning when reviewed on the GUI.
The images you uploaded indicate the GUI is not even connecting to the Q500.

This might be a little off topic, but I just got an education. Didn't know the Q500 had NFZ, must be because I live about 40 miles west of the official midlle of nowhere. I've never had any issues with my bird not wanting to take off, or needing to mess with the programing.

This might be a little off topic, but I just got an education. Didn't know the Q500 had NFZ, must be because I live about 40 miles west of the official midlle of nowhere. I've never had any issues with my bird not wanting to take off, or needing to mess with the programing.
You would have had to be within the Class B, C, or D airspace of MoN International airport to have known it. ;)

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430