Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broken Flight Battery Compartment Door

Reaction score
Set my Q500 down a bit hard yesterday, dislodged the camera and did the "ever popular" wire separation. Other than the camera separating things didn't seem to be too serious. On further exam the impact tossed the battery partially out of the bird by breaking the hinge on the door. Do any of you fine pilots know if I can replace the door and hinge? If so, where would I get said assembly?

Thanks in advance.

File 2017-04-23, 8 25 57 AM.jpeg

Long story made somewhat short: Had glitchy flight problems with Q500 since day of purchase in August 2016 and went back-and-forth with customer service, tests, flight data, etc. Finally it jerks into a small tree, trashing the frame and a bit on the camera. Then Yuneec finally takes it back mid-November. 6 wks later, it comes back, but someone left a test battery in it which blasted through the door during rough shipping. And my camera shroud was replaced with bubble wrap. So I still had a dead Q500.

Yuneec finally sent me the battery frame and door set to self-repair as wedbster above pointed you too. It's a relatively easy but tedious repair as you must disassemble the airframe. Make sure you have a mini metric set that clears the counterbores for the screws in the frame (I had to buy a second set for that). Be gentle with removal and screwing it back together - don't strip those little socket heads out of the frame. Two of mine were "pre-stripped" back from repair. Also, keep the old door with the pin and springs so you don't have to stare at it to figure out orientation of those. You may not have to replace the frame itself but be sure to replace the catch on the airframe even if it doesn't "appear" broken. They are a bit delicate too.

BTW, camera gimbal was still inoperative after return from repair, is back in their shop, and I haven't flown this one since November. And now "out of warranty".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis