Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broken hot shoe wires . how to reconnect.

Reaction score
Can someone help with the reconnection of the hot shoe wires from the gcoe gimbal mount to its main board? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_163319.jpg
    IMG_20220824_163319.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
You posted in the Chroma Forum, but the mount shown in your picture is black. I assume you are using a CGo3 from a Q500 4K on a Chroma? If not, some of the following may not make much sense.

The three black wires are a problem waiting to happen. The Chroma does not use them anyway. I would first recommend simply clipping them off as described in this document:
Note the pigtail you use on the Chroma will also work on any of the Q500 series.

If you really want to reattach the wires, Remove the 3 screws and the cover from the contact board. You will find the contact board has the wires labeled as VCC, GND and PWM, which match the labels at the normal contact points on the gimbal board. The attached image shows the normal connection point for each wire. The image also includes two alternate connection points for each of the wires in case the pad is damaged on one or more connection point.
Alt LOC.jpg

Bear in mind the damage may already be done just from getting the wires ripped off. If things don't work after the repair, give us a good description of what it is doing.

Ok that's just what I need to know thanks. You're right I'm using a Q500 gimbal on a Chroma. I'd like to put the hotshoe wires back in case I change the Chroma,s shoe to a hof one which I think is possible. I just don't like the pigtail much. I will do the repair and test the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval