Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buggy Update

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the new software update for the Breeze app that ads the FPV and joystick controller has some major bugs in it. I got one of the first Breeze quads to arrive in the US and have been thrilled with it up to now. I fly the Breeze with a Moto G4 which I have used for approximately 50 flights prior to the new software update, or perhaps I should save multiple updates (there have been three in the last couple of days). The new app has basically turned my Breeze into a $500 paperweight. It now flies for about two minutes and then disconnects from the wifi and refuses to reconnect. On the plus side the fail safe software does bring the Breeze back to the takeoff spot where it hovers until the battery reaches low cutoff and then lands. After three lengthy phone calls to Yuneec they finally told me I would be contacted by the Breeze Project Manager with in the next 48 hours (24 hours ago) and that I was not the only person experiencing this problem. If you have installed the new updated software on you smartphone I would certainly conduct a test flight in an open area before risking anything around people. I will only add that the problem seems to occur after I switch from video mode to still mode but to be honest I don't think it has any thing to do with the problem. I will keep you posted on what Yuneec comes up with.

Old Man Photograper

Reactions: simjue92 and MPR
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one, and now that it's $100 off its even a better deal.
I have looked at many youtube reviews and it seems like a very stable unit, that is of course, since the new update messed it up.
I would like to hear what Yuneec does to correct the wifi issue as many seem to be having the same issues!

Hello Bestaudioguy,
As soon as Yuneec lets me know what is going on I will post it. According to UPS it arrived at Yuneec customer support on Friday and they said they would email me as soon as they received it, but so far no response. To be honest though I didn't expect it too quickly considering Christmas and all. Before they decided to change the Breeze from what it was originally intended to do and add the controller and FPV I would have had no reservations at all in recommending it to everyone since it was a rock steady flyer and did everything the average person or in my case still photographer would want, now, I would wait till the dust clears, according to my phone update software the Breeze app just had another major update on Friday.

Old Man Photographer

Hello Bestaudioguy,
As soon as Yuneec lets me know what is going on I will post it. According to UPS it arrived at Yuneec customer support on Friday and they said they would email me as soon as they received it, but so far no response. To be honest though I didn't expect it too quickly considering Christmas and all. Before they decided to change the Breeze from what it was originally intended to do and add the controller and FPV I would have had no reservations at all in recommending it to everyone since it was a rock steady flyer and did everything the average person or in my case still photographer would want, now, I would wait till the dust clears, according to my phone update software the Breeze app just had another major update on Friday.

Old Man Photographer
Thanks much
My app shows version 1.1.6

Hello Bestaudioguy,

Wow 1.1.6, the first update was 1.1.3 so there must be a couple of bugs crawling around that software. Still waiting to hear from Yuneec as to whether they have gotten my Breeze logged into their system yet. I will give them till Thursday before I call about it.

Old Man Photographer

my fpv controller with the updated software is working GREAT Love the FPV controller, so much more control

Reactions: FLYXLSA
That's great Markfore, I am hoping that Yuneec gets it all straightened out because the addition of the Joystick controller would be great.

Old Man Photographer

I got around the buggy update by installing an old version (1.1.0) from an APK mirror (apkpure). It resolved my issues with video lag. Not sure it if will resolve wifi issues too, but I bet it's worth a try until they patch this release.

I got around the buggy update by installing an old version (1.1.0) from an APK mirror (apkpure). It resolved my issues with video lag. Not sure it if will resolve wifi issues too, but I bet it's worth a try until they patch this release.
Yeah, now I have a broken drone.
The unstable wifi caused it to crash into the house on a calm day. Worked on the first battery and responded perfectly. Swapped battery, reconnected wifi, and after 10 seconds lost it and flew right into the side of the house, breaking off the cover on the bottom and 6 or the 8 props. Calling them this morning to find out whats up

Am sending it back for a replacement. The are aware of the wifi issues with some devices. I guess mine might be one that does not work well with the Breeze. They will test, and if fixable , repair or just send out a new one.

Hello bestaudioguy,
I am supposed to receive a new Breeze from Yuneec tomorrow to replace my old one. In the shipping statement it reads that the one they are shipping me has the "Breeze A9 Board (Authorized Service Use Only)" in it. What that really means if anything I can't say but if I able to try it on Friday I will try flying it and let you know the results. If not Friday it may be a while since the weather is supposed to turn awful. It really is a shame Yuneec brought out the FPV Controller thing before they could work out all the bugs, but I guess they felt the pressure with the DJI Mavic coming out (which by the way they have recalled all the units for defects I understand) but I guess in the electronics business that is just the way it goes.

Old Man Photographer

Hello bestaudioguy,
I am supposed to receive a new Breeze from Yuneec tomorrow to replace my old one. In the shipping statement it reads that the one they are shipping me has the "Breeze A9 Board (Authorized Service Use Only)" in it. What that really means if anything I can't say but if I able to try it on Friday I will try flying it and let you know the results. If not Friday it may be a while since the weather is supposed to turn awful. It really is a shame Yuneec brought out the FPV Controller thing before they could work out all the bugs, but I guess they felt the pressure with the DJI Mavic coming out (which by the way they have recalled all the units for defects I understand) but I guess in the electronics business that is just the way it goes.

Old Man Photographer
Yeah, I guess if it ships today, takes 4 to get to CA from NJ, then 7 to 10 to look at it and then another 4 to get it back. Figure a month at best.

Hello bestaudioguy,
Got my Breeze back today, and I do mean I got my actual Breeze back! It came with a check list of tests they had done on it I (of course it passed all of them) and an invoice saying that they had installed a new board worth $249.99 in the Breeze, I can buy a new quad core i7 6th generation processor for my desktop for less than that, so I don't think I will be requesting a replacement parts list any time soon. I can't tell you if the problem has been solved because it is dark now, but I will try it out tomorrow and let you know if it works or not.
Old Man Photographer

Reactions: bestaudioguy
Hello bestaudioguy,
Got my Breeze back today, and I do mean I got my actual Breeze back! It came with a check list of tests they had done on it I (of course it passed all of them) and an invoice saying that they had installed a new board worth $249.99 in the Breeze, I can buy a new quad core i7 6th generation processor for my desktop for less than that, so I don't think I will be requesting a replacement parts list any time soon. I can't tell you if the problem has been solved because it is dark now, but I will try it out tomorrow and let you know if it works or not.
Old Man Photographer

Invoice? You mean they are billing you to fix the Wi-Fi issue?
FYI I just saw this post on Facebook last week:

Yuneec APV
January 5 at 1:51pm ·
We’re providing an upgraded one year warranty that extends to Typhoon series,
Breeze, and all future Typhoon H products that automatically guarantees against
manufacturing defects from the original date of purchase.

I sent an Email to Yuneec about the Wi-Fi issue with mine and got passed off to another party. Still waiting to hear what they have to say. I will send mine back to Amazon or use the Purchase/Return Protection on my American Express before they're getting money for a problem THEY CAUSED?

Heck, a new Breeze is only $367 on Amazon Prime today.

Wow 1.1.6, the first update was 1.1.3 so there must be a couple of bugs crawling around that software. Still waiting to hear from Yuneec as to whether they have gotten my Breeze logged into their system yet. I will give them till Thursday before I call about it.

Old Man Photographer[/QUOTE]

I check regularly for updates and I keep getting the message "No New Updates Available."
I use iOS Apps and the FPV Controller to fly.
I'll need to check with Yuneec when they call/email me about the Wi-Fi Issue.
Here's a Screen Print I did from my Phone:

Invoice? You mean they are billing you to fix the Wi-Fi issue?
FYI I just saw this post on Facebook last week:

Yuneec APV
January 5 at 1:51pm ·
We’re providing an upgraded one year warranty that extends to Typhoon series,
Breeze, and all future Typhoon H products that automatically guarantees against
manufacturing defects from the original date of purchase.

I sent an Email to Yuneec about the Wi-Fi issue with mine and got passed off to another party. Still waiting to hear what they have to say. I will send mine back to Amazon or use the Purchase/Return Protection on my American Express before they're getting money for a problem THEY CAUSED?

Heck, a new Breeze is only $367 on Amazon Prime today.

Hello,

I should have made it more clear, the invoice lists the new board as being worth $249 but the invoice total was zero, so no they did not bill me for anything. I was just commenting no the same thing you have brought up, why would anyone pay $249 (plus $80 labor that was also on the invoice but not charged) when you could get a new one for $367. If the wind doesn't blow too hard today I will test the Breeze and post results.

Old Man Photographer

I got what u were saying in the first post. If they did attempt to charge you, your post would have carried a much different tone.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Following your comments with interest. My Breeze, using IPHONE6 and FPV controller with the latest updates flies like a charm, with no problems, did have a problem flying it inside with GPS on, but with that shut off, flies all around the house using the sticks like a champ. Outside no-problems. curious to know what were the 'buggy' conditions you found. can you be more specific on initial bugs you found, so I can watch out for them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval