Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

bumpers (prop guards) for the 4k

Reaction score
They seemed like a good idea so ordered a couple different sets, both from Amazon and both from Hobbbysomething. One set clips on nicely and seems relatively secure while the other set is absolutely not and won't even clip on correctly.
Ok, that aside, what do you guys think of using these? I'm aware they're only good for a certain class of conditions and that's ok. I assume they're a little extra insurance. What do you guys think, especially if you've used them before. They were cheap enough, sorta. :)

Thanks.

They seemed like a good idea so ordered a couple different sets, both from Amazon and both from Hobbbysomething. One set clips on nicely and seems relatively secure while the other set is absolutely not and won't even clip on correctly.
Ok, that aside, what do you guys think of using these? I'm aware they're only good for a certain class of conditions and that's ok. I assume they're a little extra insurance. What do you guys think, especially if you've used them before. They were cheap enough, sorta. :)

Thanks.
I have a set they are Yuneec brand, they are held on with screws, I use them for roof inspections, they work really great for that, kinda a PITA to put on and off, but have saved my bird several times, I do not like the snap on type,if you bump them they can cause you more grief when they come loose, screw on type are the only way to go if you are going to use them,

I did not see a screw-on type on Amazon. I should have looked elsewhere but didn't. I'd rather have that type.

I got a set of snap on red ones from Ebay. They fit fine and I really don't see how they can come off and cause damage but, here is the reason I only used them once. I live by the ocean and there is always a breeze when I fly. The prop guards caused undesirable control issues. The drone seemed to be less responsive and any wind compounds the problem. Also when landing, they cause more prop wash and make the drone bob around more than I'd like. I see from the design, the undersides are not smooth and probably causes turbulence. I'm not a aerodynamics engineer but I have elected to retire them. My flying skills are improving and I don't think I need "training wheels" anymore. Props are cheap to replace compared to the uneasy feeling I get when I had the guards installed. Just my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my