Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 camera and gimbal

The E90 and C23 are essentially the same camera. I do not have an IPB for either camera, but these internal photos of the E90 suggest that the circular board is the power distribution board where wiring from the slip ring is distributed to other parts of the camera.

@chascoadmin may have some input on this with his experience with the H520.

What is ROHS circuit board with the ribbon connection gimble and wifi

The green thing is the "roll encoder" (position sensor for the "roll" axis). Part # YUNE90113SVC. Most, if not all, parts for the C23 are sold under E90 part numbers.

"YUNEEC Roll Encoder for E90 Gimbal Camera"

Note "ROHS" stands for "Restriction of Hazardous Substances". ROHS is the set of rules that restricts the use of hazardous materials used to build things like circuit boards. The term is not part of the identification of the board. It simply indicates the board complies with the ROHS standard for the materials from which it is made.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20191215_112117.jpg
    20191215_112117.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: DoomMeister

E90 Main Control Board YUNE90110SVC

"Yuneec E90 Main Control Board"

Note the "SVC" at the end of the part number. It means Yuneec recommends the part to be serviced only at a Yuneec service center. Sometimes, it is a lot more than a recommendation. This part HAD to be serviced by a service center on all earlier cameras. Since the E90 and C23 use different firmware, I doubt it can be replaced as a DYI project by most users.

I should have known the camera wizard would have already dug into this topic.

ROHS also indicates there is very little, if any, lead in the solder. Lead is the hazardous component. It also means that any solder repairs require a similar type of solder, and the use of a soldering iron that heats things up real fast, as low lead content solder requires more heat to make the bond. A standard soldering iron and tip has to be held in place a long time to melt/activate low lead solder, which causes other board components to over heat and become damaged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz