Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 camera for the H480

It's difficult to tell from the photo alone, but when I last spoke to Yuneec they said there was a special version of the C23 for the H480. I don't know if this is it, but I would phone and check first. I got my H from Clifton Cameras and they are very helpful, but might not have that information, so maybe ask for a part number, then check with Yuneec that is the version that works with the 480. there used to be a page on Yuneec's UK site that told us the model number we need, but I can't seem to find it there currently...

It's a shame it's so expensive - more than the cost of an H Pro from the same dealer !

Last edited:
It is pricey but I am looking at a zoom option which would mean buying a complete new drone platform, if this C23 will fit on my H pro, with the extra resolution I can do my zoom in post editing.

Well crap, I thought I had found something great to share with the forum when I found a new ad for the C23 designed to fit the H480 - I thought they were about to stock them since they promoted them with a Black Friday sale with the price good through Monday...? And after I was thinking - do they even do Black Friday in the UK? And why the heck would they promote a Black Friday pricing on stock that doesn't exist yet? Great way to violate your customer base and send people to your competitors!

Well crap, I thought I had found something great to share with the forum when I found a new ad for the C23 designed to fit the H480 - I thought they were about to stock them since they promoted them with a Black Friday sale with the price good through Monday...? And after I was thinking - do they even do Black Friday in the UK? And why the heck would they promote a Black Friday pricing on stock that doesn't exist yet? Great way to violate your customer base and send people to your competitors!
You might have better luck finding Big Foot then ever seeing the c23 for the 480. lol You can upgrade your current cgo3+ with a Peau 8.25mm - Visible Light (IR Cut) Filter lens with 16 mp. About $280 installed or $140 if you want to DIY. Personally I went with the Peau 3.97mm as the 8.5 shows any vibration that you may experience.

Last edited:
I had no idea about the Peau upgrade; seems cool. I wish I could see a before/after with the stock lens and then the Peau.

Of course, I also wish I had an H Plus with the 20mp cam... alas prices will drop eventually!

-C

You might have better luck finding Big Foot then ever seeing the c23 for the 480. lol You can upgrade your current cgo3+ with a Peau 8.25mm - Visible Light (IR Cut) Filter lens with 16 mp. About $280 installed or $140 if you want to DIY.

I am intrigued - has anyone here done this upgrade?

There are few videos on the 8.25 on YouTube...

Many others did comparisons on the more direct upgrade lenses for the OEM lens... primarily between the Peau 3.97 and the PixAero 3.77.

Results vary with your intended use. If using exclusively for photos,
the Peau 8.25 will provide a quality image provided it is installed correctly. It's use in video becomes much dicier, but if used in limited shots, you can still get some good B rolls. The gimbal of the CGO3+ simply will not eliminate all the visible vibration from the magnified image.

If however you are thinking you can get quality video for inspections with a TH upgraded with the Peau 8.25, I will just say that as a photographer, there is more than just image magnification that has an influence on your final quality. You would be better off with a Plus and the C23.

Reactions: h1pst3r88
There are few videos on the 8.25 on YouTube...

Many others did comparisons on the more direct upgrade lenses for the OEM lens... primarily between the Peau 3.97 and the PixAero 3.77.

Results vary with your intended use. If using exclusively for photos,
the Peau 8.25 will provide a quality image provided it is installed correctly. It's use in video becomes much dicier, but if used in limited shots, you can still get some good B rolls. The gimbal of the CGO3+ simply will not eliminate all the visible vibration from the magnified image.

If however you are thinking you can get quality video for inspections with a TH upgraded with the Peau 8.25, I will just say that as a photographer, there is more than just image magnification that has an influence on your final quality. You would be better off with a Plus and the C23.
The 8.2 is a bit much for the H480 unless you shoot stills only. All of the video and reviews I've read state that you will need to stabilize the video in post. I just picked up two Peau 3.97's for a couple of H's. By far better quality than the stock lens without the extreme magnification.

That's been advertised a long time but not seen in the wild or on Yuneec's site. At the very least it would require a firmware update for the H480.

Best guess is that this will not see life on the H480.

That's been advertised a long time but not seen in the wild or on Yuneec's site. At the very least it would require a firmware update for the H480.

Best guess is that this will not see life on the H480.
£99 deposit too. Still your over half way to a plus at that price, might as well get the whole package.

Others have put down that deposit months ago... it is a deceptive ad that has no basis in available hardware. Entirely vaporware... want a C23?... purchase a H Plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop