Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 camera issues

Reaction score
I purchased my first drone and am trying to get started but I can’t get the c23 to stop beeping and moving. I have tried to calibrate the compass, but when I go to the icon and select calibrate compass, the green start button wont seem to activate. Is this what I need to be doing?

The beeps are a coded message telling you what is wrong. It is normally a pattern of 1 to 4 long beeps, followed by 1 to 4 short beeps, a pause, and then repeats. Count the long/short beeps and post it to the thread.
You can also make a video or an audio recording. You can't post the recordings directly to the forum. You can add it to YouTube or similar, and post a link in the Forum. If you do a recording, be sure to listen to it first. The drones sonar is not all that audible to human ears, but it can completely overpower the beeps on a recording.
When the drone arrived, did it have the gimbal lock installed on the camera? If not, it might be a clue to the source of the problem.

DO NOT calibrate the compass with the camera installed unless the gimbal lock is in place. And it's really best to remove the camera.

I have to agree, compass calibration has nothing to do with your problem.

First, did you read the manual? Second, (as mentioned above) did you remove the gimbal lock? When powered down, does the camera move in all directions freely? If so, have you checked to make sure the gimbal is seated properly under the main body - these gimbals slide on and off and have contacts that make the electrical connections and if the gimbal is not fully seated one or more of these connections may not be made.

Lastly, if I were you, and it turns out there is a problem right out of the box - simply return the drone immediately for an exchange.

What happens if I didn’t take the gimbal lock off before I flew it the first time?

The beeps are a coded message telling you what is wrong. It is normally a pattern of 1 to 4 long beeps, followed by 1 to 4 short beeps, a pause, and then repeats. Count the long/short beeps and post it to the thread.
You can also make a video or an audio recording. You can't post the recordings directly to the forum. You can add it to YouTube or similar, and post a link in the Forum. If you do a recording, be sure to listen to it first. The drones sonar is not all that audible to human ears, but it can completely overpower the beeps on a recording.
When the drone arrived, did it have the gimbal lock installed on the camera? If not, it might be a clue to the source of the problem.

DO NOT calibrate the compass with the camera installed unless the gimbal lock is in place. And it's really best to remove the camera.
2 sets of 3 long beeps followed by 3 short beeps

2 sets of 3 long beeps followed by 3 short beeps
That's a Yaw motor error. Strange. That's pretty much the last thing that can get damaged in a crash. Not much you can check unless you can get to it and measure resistance across the connector contacts. ~16/17 mOhm is normal. 19 or higher is probably bad. 15 or lower is also probably bad.

And there are a couple other possibilities, such as the motor connector not seated on the back of the Yaw encoder, The Yaw Encoder ribbon not seated on either the encoder end or the gimbal board end, the gimbal board malfunctioning. Probably some other "maybe" stuff. Mostly, just sounds like a bad wire or damaged motor windings.

Yes, the camera moves freely when off. the camera came on when I first got it, but there was no directional controls at all. Now it won’t show anything at all and will only beep the 3 long, 3 long, 3 short series of beeps.

3 long, 3 long, 3 short series of beeps.
Hmm. I misunderstood your first description. I don't know of a code consisting of TWO sets of 3 long, followed by ONE set of 3 short. Is there any chance you are hearing 4 long, 2 long, 3 short? There would be a pause between the fourth and fifth long (4 long, pause, 2 long-3 short, pause, and repeat). That would be a known code set, but would not make direct sense. It would hint there is a more serious problem resulting in false codes. And if the gimbal board itself is struggling, it may not even produce the correct codes. As you can see, trying to detect/communicate/interpret where the pauses are, and the exact counts, is a mess without being able to listen to it.
If you can record the beeps and post it, maybe we can identify the error. Maybe not.
Then you have to figure out how to fix it without doing more damage.

It really sounds like this one needs to go for diagnosis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis