Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 freeze up

Reaction score
Having issues w/C23 freeze, H+ powers up and flies normal, good connection. Camera starts and is ok as I hover, 2 or 3 minutes and it loses function, no live feed or response to controller. Possible problems and solutions..

When you say "no response to controller"; Do you mean gimbal (pan/tilt) response or do mean video response (start/stop record, take a photo, change video settings, etc.)?
Gimble functions seemed ok, but the camera would not function( no video except frozen pic, if recording, would not stop if in progress or would stop after 30-45 seconds on it's own. could not change any settings except at startup under normal function

That at least sounds like the issue is on the camera end. There could be more serious problems, but the symptoms you describe can sometimes be caused by an SD card that is either going bad or is otherwise not capable of handling the resolutions you are using. It might be worth a try to lower the resolution and frame rate. Or try a different SD card if you have one available.

I have been using a samsung 128 and never really had issues, at least to my recollection I will try a different card and get back
Thanks for the info so far.

That at least sounds like the issue is on the camera end. There could be more serious problems, but the symptoms you describe can sometimes be caused by an SD card that is either going bad or is otherwise not capable of handling the resolutions you are using. It might be worth a try to lower the resolution and frame rate. Or try a different SD card if you have one available.
So I tried a different card, this time I had a flyaway. I am hoping to recover. How do I access telemetry on the st16s?

Way To Fix Drones project download v89 of the Way to Fix Drones Project pdf document and refer to the How to Retrieve H+ Flightlogs. Post the resulting zip file in this thread.

Reactions: ttmarch
Way To Fix Drones project download v89 of the Way to Fix Drones Project pdf document and refer to the How to Retrieve H+ Flightlogs. Post the resulting zip file in this thread.
Good news, aircraft recovered about 1/4 mile away, amazingly it missed powerlines and a busy highway, found a grassy spot and flipped upside down. No visible damage, here's the file..

Attachments

• 04222022.zip[1].zip
    54.3 MB · Views: 9
We'll go look at the file.
In the meantime, you can check to see if the SD card was causing the video halt by testing on the ground, with props off and motors not running. Be aware the C23 gimbal board does not have much ventilation when not in flight and should be monitored when powered on more than a few minutes. If the rear arm starts to heat up, turn it off.

Dumb question, but did you happen to see any video problems during the flight? (Yeah, that was probably not your primary focus under the circumstances)

I will check it over tomorrow, but it did take a 5 min video. Camera was still operating until I shut the H off.

Seems to be some issues w/controller, seems to lose r/c signal intermittently. Camera functions seem to be ok with a formatted Sandisk sd card..

Is it losing RC or is it losing GPS. A loss of GPS lets it drift with the wind, and when you let the sticks go to neutral position inertia will allow the aircraft to continue along the path it is on. You have to use opposite stick action to slow and stop the motion.

If you were losing RC the aircraft will hover in loiter mode waiting to reconnect if possible. After 30 to 60 seconds it will auto RTL according to your settings either home point or the ST16S.

Last edited:
Seems to be some issues w/controller, seems to lose r/c signal intermittently. Camera functions seem to be ok with a formatted Sandisk sd card..
Intermittent loss of R/C control is sometimes associated with a mismatch of firmware versions between the drone and the controller. Upload a screenshot of your firmware versions screen and we can compare it with the versions list to check that possibility.

Is it losing RC or is it losing GPS. A loss of GPS lets it drift with the wind, and when you let the sticks go to neutral position inertia will allow the aircraft to continue along the path it is on. You have to use opposite stick action to slow and stop the motion.

If you were losing RC the aircraft will hover in loiter mode waiting to reconnect if possible. After 30 to 60 seconds it will auto RTL according to your settings either home point or the ST16S.
I had experienced r/c loss once before and the aircraft did as it was supposed to do returned to home. Haven't had an issue until now. This time however it continued on it's path.

Intermittent loss of R/C control is sometimes associated with a mismatch of firmware versions between the drone and the controller. Upload a screenshot of your firmware versions screen and we can compare it with the versions list to check that possibility.
I will post that info as soon as I can.

I had experienced r/c loss once before and the aircraft did as it was supposed to do returned to home. Haven't had an issue until now. This time however it continued on it's path.

The Flight logs indicate the aircraft was in "Manual Mode". That is why I asked about Manual Mode in Post #11. It will NOT respond to RTL when in manual mode. Loss of RC when in manual mode results in the craft simply continuing to drift.
From the enhanced User's Manual:
No RTL.jpg

The Flight logs indicate the aircraft was in "Manual Mode". That is why I asked about Manual Mode in Post #11. It will NOT respond to RTL when in manual mode. Loss of RC when in manual mode results in the craft simply continuing to drift.
From the enhanced User's Manual:
View attachment 27925
You also HAVE to open the advanced menu, in order to put it in manual mode. You simply can't do that by accident.

You also HAVE to open the advanced menu, in order to put it in manual mode. You simply can't do that by accident.
Yeah. I know. That's why I'm asking if you put it in manual mode. If you did it, then it is normal behavior (given the circumstances). If you did NOT place it in manual mode, it may be a clue related to controller performance.

Yeah. I know. That's why I'm asking if you put it in manual mode. If you did it, then it is normal behavior (given the circumstances). If you did NOT place it in manual mode, it may be a clue related to controller performance.
No, I never have put it in manual mode. That's the problem. I also can't figure out how to do a screenshot on the st16s,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss