Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 main cable/ribbon cable.

Is anyone interested in this cable? I found-it here. Yuneec C23/E90 cameras MAIN CABLE NEW | eBay
I have couple of c23 cameras with this cable broken and I never found these cables. He has the slipring cable too for these cameras.
Does anyone have a diagram on how this cable connects in the C23 camera gimbal? Also for the FPC Pitch to Main cable that is not included in that ebay listing

The main cable runs from the left camera hub to the gimbal board and WIFI board located in the rear arm.
The FPC Pitch ribbon runs from the right hub to the gimbal board.
Removing the black emblem disks from the hubs is difficult without damaging the parts. Carefully heating ONLY the black disk with a soldering iron can help, but caution is needed not to damage the connectors/sensor beneath.
Also be aware the left hub was sometimes the victim of excess adhesive application at the factory. The excess adhesive unintentionally joins the gray part of the hub cover to the spiral ribbon. The Spiral Ribbon is an extension of the entire Main Ribbon. If you damage the spiral ribbon or it's connector while removing the hub, the camera is essentially doomed. The spiral ribbon cannot be repaired, and it is one of the least available items to find. Ever.

If you already have it apart and just need a drawing, let me know. I don't know of any existing drawings/diagrams but I can make one this evening if needed.

Reactions: DoomMeister
The main cable runs from the left camera hub to the gimbal board and WIFI board located in the rear arm.
Removing the black emblem disks from the hubs is difficult without damaging the parts. Carefully heating ONLY the black disk with a soldering iron can help, but caution is needed not to damage the connectors/sensor beneath.
Also be aware the left hub was sometimes the victim of excess adhesive application at the factory. The excess adhesive unintentionally joins the gray part of the hub cover to the spiral ribbon. The Spiral Ribbon is an extension of the entire Main Ribbon. If you damage the spiral ribbon or it's connector while removing the hub, the camera is essentially doomed. The spiral ribbon cannot be repaired, and it is one of the least available items to find. Ever.

If you already have it apart and just need a drawing, let me know. I don't know of any existing drawings/diagrams but I can make one this evening if needed.

If you can make the drawing, that will be great. Thank you in advance

I could use the diagram as well Im Trying to replace all the ribbon connectors as well and could use some sort of drawing. Can't find anything about it anywhere.

If you can make the drawing, that will be great. Thank you in advance
I could use the diagram as well Im Trying to replace all the ribbon connectors as well and could use some sort of drawing. Can't find anything about it anywhere.
This is the first draft of guidance to remove the C23/E90 camera ribbons. It shows the various connection points in a more lifelike setting that I thought might be useful. I hope this will work for you.

Edit: An up to date version of the guidance below has been added as Attachment 28 (C23 / E90 Ribbon Removal) to the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project. The same PDF document also has Attachment 26 (C23 / E90 Gimbal and WIFI Boards Connections) which may be useful.

Attachments

• C23-E90 Ribbon Removal.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio